April 26, 2024, 06:23:22 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Hardened Difficulty Critter Special Loot Drop Proposal  (Read 7227 times)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
Hardened Difficulty Critter Special Loot Drop Proposal
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:00:29 pm »
Alright so Reloaded has many NPC's/Critters that range from easy difficulty to somewhat challenging, ultimately ending up with fighting the latter in turn based and for no other reasons besides farming for gear. What I would like to propose is the idea of such enemies to drop an item that can lead the player, or a group of players, to a unique dungeon/location in response, and in the theme, of the enemy NPC/Critter they received the drop from. The location will of course require a harsh difficulty level, but the purpose of said location is to provide the player(s) with very interesting and definitely useful loot, maybe stretching into the bounds of unique gear unobtainable anywhere else. The chance to do all of this, however, is to be severely stunted to the extent where getting the chance to obtain a location is to be very rare, maybe 1-2% chance in any of the enemy encounters to receive the drop.

The drop itself can be in the form of any object specific to the enemy, though for easier method of transferring this idea across, I will limit this to perhaps a unique radio that has a specific radio frequency tuned in. For this example I will discuss this idea with the Desert Hunters enemy NPC in mind, and I have also created a custom Desert Hunter Outpost map for visual aid and eye candy.

So, as the example goes, a player, or a group of players, are out in the wasteland, challenging themselves with the task of killing Desert Hunters. Their aim may be to collect the Desert Combat Armor that they drop, the super stims they can collect, or maybe purely for the challenge that they present. After a good amount of time "farming" Desert Hunters, they happen to find a sand coloured radio tuned in to a frequency not found on a normal radio. The player that picked up this radio, once exiting to the world map, finds that a new orange circle has appeared on the world map and the group decides to go and investigate.

Desert Hunters Outpost

The location itself, despite meaning to be very harsh in difficulty, is geographically sound and equal; there are no differences in location because entering either through north or south will present the same amount of challenge. The place of value is the room in the top right corner of the map with lockers and crates.

[Disclaimer] - I apologise for not using NPC with Desert Armor but I had no luck finding them at all in the mapper.

My ideas for the loot to be held in the lockers are to be of worthy value. This can range from, and not limited to, a whole load of statted combat gear with unique prefixes, a high sum of medical aid (we are talking about a lot of super stimpacks and other combat drugs), either a higher chance of obtaining t4 or a solid chance of obtaining a piece of t4. There could also be the possibility of finding either an Adv/Uni prefix on items you certainly could not get it on besides through special encounters, for example Bridgekeeper robes, alien blaster, solar scorchers, even g11's. As for implants, well if the drop rate of the item that gives the location is rare in comparison to the hidden bunker special encounter, then a decision for that can be made.

My current list so far of enemies that have the chance to drop the special item, be it a radio or some other device, currently are:
  • Desert Hunters
  • Enclave Patrols
  • Bounty Hunters
  • Renegades?

Since this entire proposal is of relatively destructive difficulty, both in terms of combat and chance of receiving, the ability to somehow "bot" or "abuse" will be very hard to do: You can not spam multiple accounts and wander world map to receive a special encounter like this; you actually have to fight NPC's.

Post thoughts and suggestions below, anything will be taken into account and I will discuss it with the lads over at WIPE HQ  8)

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
Re: Hardened Difficulty Critter Special Loot Drop Proposal
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:11:25 pm »
+1 for this.

Similar  Thing is on FO2 with Toxic Caves map & access card, dropping randomly from NPC, like khans/rogues or ghouls. Some regular 100/100 Specific Armors could drop from there. Nothing Special tho (no for Implants) I am ok with stated regulars like avengers plasma rifles, and non stated but perfect condition Solars aliens G11E etc. 

It is a good way to keep teams busy, when nothing is going on.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 04:15:35 pm »
Awesome idea! Will bring players out of their fucking tents and private mines

I've said on multiple occasions that exp for crafting kills the game to deaf ears here so I like this idea since it will bring people and clans out there again!

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 04:57:23 pm »
Awesome idea! Will bring players out of their fucking tents and private mines

I've said on multiple occasions that exp for crafting kills the game to deaf ears here so I like this idea since it will bring people and clans out there again!

My clan is out there for you whenever You Want ^.^

But no more shit posting (sorry for that i just missed your sorry ass here ;))

Slush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 05:18:40 pm »
Very awesome concept for FOnline Reloaded! Zek you have to be one of  the best idea generator and mapper in my eyes  8)
Maybe implant could be added no? I wont mind having statted alien blaster, that would be awesome!

Keep this coming!

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 06:40:02 pm »
It is a good way to keep teams busy, when nothing is going on.

Half the reason why I created this proposal; the other half being I was drunk last night when it came to me  ;D
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 07:51:03 pm »
i suggest adding brotherhood patrols to the list

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »
Sounds good +1

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:37 pm »
sounds cool, the game needs more activities +1

FireFlare

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 05:05:15 am »
Woo, dank ideas, from someone that can actually create the maps for it! Big +1

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 07:57:30 am »
Idea is great but we already have some maps which are implemented to game. I don't want to take your motivation away but don't be suprised when it will be big waste of time. For ex. Talchem doesn't work, Mariposa is empty, nothing to do in Sierra, bugged Ares, unfinished maps for others features like NCR Army fortress. Reloaded doesn't have the team which can work on it. And administration well... They're bored with administration two years ago.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:59:59 am by worldremaker »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 10:17:21 am »
Don't worry, it's in the suggestion thread for a reason dude ;)
At this stage I will continue with this suggestion just as a possible prospect to be picked up and discussed at a later point, but right now the whole server is just living on a prayer for the bombs to drop again, so why not have fun  with what we can do :)

Edit: Will think about BoS addition
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 11:42:02 am »
big +1
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Arcrad

• Scream! Let the world hear our voice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:49 pm »
+1!

Will you hold me tight and not let go?

BastianS14

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 03:53:00 am »
+1