M249 SAW (From Fallout tactics)
Browning M2

Topic: A new big gun  (Read 2454 times)

Blazikengamer

• (Blaziken01 is me)
    • View Profile
A new big gun
« on: July 14, 2016, 11:39:49 am »
This is for the tank busters that would like to have a Different big gun for once. But it can be for the tanks themselves, to make the tesla gun is use the fire animation but change the color give it the flame-boy perk as well but their would be no need to create a new death animation because you can get caught on fire when electrocuted as well as use the gun animation from the gattling laser but the sound from the flamer and it would go threw around 20 microfusion cells every four shots.

For the bren gun use the textures mainly from the m60 it could even use some of its bullets and it could be changed to do a diffrent sound or go through more bullets  this could also apply Browning M2 just letting it have its iconic magazine for its bullets.

My explanation for The M249 is at the bottom of this page.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:35:08 am by Blazikengamer »

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
Re: A new big gun
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 12:06:20 pm »
we already got the m60 it just needs to be adjusted
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 12:06:57 pm »
More guns is awsome idea, I'm a gun lover,but I would focus more on balancing and bringing some use for guns we have already. Anyway having some alternative for avenger would be nice, something with less spread and lower splash, but still useful with hexing. Something with one barrel like M60 but on higher tier.

Unfortunatelly I voted for Tesla gun, it should deal electric dmg...we really lack this type of weapons (electric,fire dmg)

Edit.:I didnt saw Prebas post, but well said mate.
GUN FOR HIRE

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:28:38 pm »
While the concept of new guns are very nice, the problem is that the current guns are in need of balancing before anything else can be introduced. However I decided to vote for the M249 SAW because it is actually the only option that can be introduced.

The Browning M2 is structurally just like the m60 so I don't see the point in having 2 variants of what is practically the same weapon type.

The BREN gun is structurally like the LSW and again 2 varieties of the same weapon type is not needed. Also adding to the fact that LSW is high tier 3 and the Bozar is its equivilant in T4, there would be no place for the BREN.

As for the tesla gun, it should be in the energy weapons category and not big guns. Anything that fires any sort of electrical, laser or plasma ammunition needs to remain in energy weapons.

The M249 was my choice because it is suitable for a close to mid range weapon, just like how the avenger should be but it somehow dwindled to "1-hex close combat" weapon instead. Obviously LSW takes mid to long range. A perspective for this is that the M249 SAW is the advanced comparison to the m60. This would give avenger over minigun, M249 over m60 and finally the LSW.

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:27:01 pm »
Well, Bren could be 2T 3-4 bullets per burst mid-long range weap, but as many said earlier...rework what we have now and than add new content
GUN FOR HIRE

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 01:35:45 pm »
@preba - m60 is low tier, we cant boost all low tiers to be competetive with top craftable weapons
m60 does already more damage to low DR targets then most of other weapons, its just its ammo that sucks, doesnt penetrate DR much well

im up for new weapons but it needs to be more detailed, prepared concept already then just idea "lets add something"

Blazikengamer

• (Blaziken01 is me)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »
The reason i'm putting it so simply is because of all the complex thing I would have to say for example the tesla gun is Going to consume microfusion cells at the rate a gatling laser does a M249 saw would burn threw bullets quickly so i guess, they fire around a quarter of its ammunition because its a big gun and it would be easier to add in because of the mini gun does a similar thing. And i think by using some of the textures from 5mm's icon it could be changed into a diffrent caliber of bullet that fits with it M249.

Blazikengamer

• (Blaziken01 is me)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 11:40:22 am »
Oh and all the gun but the tesla gun are in fallout tactics so they could be implemented that way but some more animation's would have to be made.

SVEN

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 11:54:33 am »
If I'd want to see a new weapon implemented in the game I would want it to be a totally new way of playing and not just a new damage dealer. Like in AoP where you need to mount the gun before shooting some big guns. Or maybe stun guns. I don't see a need for new damage dealers.
"So get this... -true story- my wife asked me about "Sven" today."
"How is he? Tell him to come to us and he can be my Swedish friend with Long blonde hair and muscles. He seems cuddly"

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:03 pm »
What is wrong with this suggestion:
- this is another "add new weapon suggestion"/"lets add something" which lacks of concept
- there are not any technical details for weapons like description, dmg, ammo and any other balance issues
- there are not any interface arts

If I'd want to see a new weapon implemented in the game I would want it to be a totally new way of playing and not just a new damage dealer. Like in AoP where you need to mount the gun before shooting some big guns. Or maybe stun guns. I don't see a need for new damage dealers.

+1
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.