March 28, 2024, 01:52:11 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: A talk about plasma weapons.  (Read 4551 times)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
A talk about plasma weapons.
« on: July 10, 2016, 04:08:36 pm »
The plasma rifle has the secret +5 on the critical roll but is only to be seen on the plasma rifle. This is not found on the plasma pistol nor the plasma pistol ext. cap. While there is the argument that it is for the weapon itself, I argue that this roll should infact be applied to the plasma pistol ext cap too. This will not be in effect for standard plasma pistols.

My reasons for this are:
1) Why would it only be for the plasma rifle? The ammunition itself should be the instigator of the +5 critical roll effect, not the weapon.

2) If this were in effect, then the possibility of a plasma pistol build in the form of a sneaker can be achievable. This would not at all be overpowering or differ people to change into plasma pistol sneakers simply because of the low damage output it would have against targets in combat armor; the effect of this would be so a dedicated crippler sneaker can arise, but can only do so with the effect of +5 crit chance on the plasma pistol ext cap and not just the plasma rifle.

3)On the topic of plasma pistol sneaker, it would make do for a good anti sneaker role since leather armor mark 2 and below would have low plasma resistance, so the other outcome of this sneaker would be purely for scouting and successful anti sneak roles, eventually managing a crippler role too on combat characters, something wanted by the developers in the first place.

4)Energy snipers can now use a pistol for a secondary back up weapon at close range if this were applied due to the lower ap cost and effectiveness it would have. Refer to sniper/223 builds who do the exact same thing.

Finally is the talk about the range of the weapons. Maybe an increase to plasma rifle range by a couple hexes, say 35 hexes to compensate the fact that a plasma pistol can somehow out do it in range. Honestly why is it like this? Surely a rifle would have superior range to a pistol.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
Re: A talk about plasma weapons.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 04:42:26 pm »
+1
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Einherjar

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »
Definite +1  ;D

Slush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 06:28:28 pm »
Completely reasonable this should be in the game! :) +1

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 08:05:05 pm »
+1

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 08:25:02 pm »
i have spent most of my time playing as a sniper and i'm currently experimenting with sneaks.
 i think this change would allow for more variety in builds. imagine finesse snipers bringing plasma pistols to new reno  ;D

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 10:03:53 pm »
+1 what else.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 07:39:47 am »
+1

Blazikengamer

• (Blaziken01 is me)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »
+1

Slush

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:49:05 pm »
This needs to get into the game already  :D

Frost

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »
+1

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 05:47:13 pm »
about plasma rifle vs laser rifle
problem was before that noone used plasma rifle ever because dmg of laser rifle was better, range too, ap cost was same, magazine cap higher and plasma vs laser difference in resistances of most of armors is very low
they added +5 crit roll to make it more viable (that reminds me, would like to also see +5 more range on plasma rifle because right now every burster outranges plasma, there was suggestion about it but it was denied)

about plasma pistol
if you compare plasma pistol to magneto-laser pistol for example..
magneto has a bit lower dmg (5 min 5 max less) but it has penetrate perk
plasma pistol has 3 hexes less range only, by adding critroll to plasma pistol you would outclass magneto-laser pistol
so my question is why only plasma pistol but not magneto-laser ? then we can use same question for almost every weapon, why not Alien Blaster ? why not Pulse Pistol ? its high tier weapons which are not easy to find and also very weak

your suggestions makes sense but this reasoning could be applied to many other weapons which are not viable too
and to be completely honest, all lower tier weapons needs a bit of rebalance .. overall boost but still to keep them weaker then current viable weapons
right now they have no use, after rebalance maybe at least some new players would use them for PvE as "cheap option"

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 06:11:48 pm »
about plasma pistol
if you compare plasma pistol to magneto-laser pistol for example..
magneto has a bit lower dmg (5 min 5 max less) but it has penetrate perk
plasma pistol has 3 hexes less range only, by adding critroll to plasma pistol you would outclass magneto-laser pistol
so my question is why only plasma pistol but not magneto-laser ? then we can use same question for almost every weapon, why not Alien Blaster ? why not Pulse Pistol ? its high tier weapons which are not easy to find and also very weak

The general idea was to add the +5 critical roll to plasma based weapons, in particular to the actual plasma being shot out. The magneto laser pistol and the current plasma pistol ext cap are both certainly not used at all in a PvP situation, so the aid that a +5 crit roll on the plasma pistol extended cap can do to outdo the magneto laser pistol is something I view to be approved of. Why stick to generic .223 sneakers/sniper - 223 builds?

The reason why not alien blaster and why not the pulse pistol is because they deal electrical damage, not plasma. They do not need the +5 critical roll whatsoever - not many things can stand up to electrical damage, and the things that do are not really used due to their impracticality in PvP.

So in all this cannot be generalised to other weapons if they do not deal plasma based damage, however I do agree that there is a whole load of balancing that needs to be done to the weapons; only the wipe can tell :(
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 06:42:35 pm »
The reason why not alien blaster and why not the pulse pistol is because they deal electrical damage, not plasma. They do not need the +5 critical roll whatsoever - not many things can stand up to electrical damage, and the things that do are not really used due to their impracticality in PvP.
electro damage type is not any advantage, combat helmet mk2 has exactly same electro dr as plasma, same with tesla helmet
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:53:53 pm by Seki »

Slush

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 07:11:22 pm »
Either way plasma is plasma and electric is electric. Until the day I can craft pulse pistols I would like this to take place, it would be very very awesome.

Also Zek and Seki I also think weapons need balance done too :D