March 28, 2024, 11:33:21 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How not to die?  (Read 7902 times)

NotDaddy

• Truth is, game was rigged from the start.
    • View Profile
How not to die?
« on: July 05, 2016, 06:34:20 am »
So I played a long while back in TB and am just venturing into RT now. I've made myself weapons, armor and ammunition and am fairly proficient at doing so but I keep getting into encounters in RT that I either lose, or don't know how to run from.

I'll enter a zone that isn't in an encounter and there will be enemies there, I'll try to run in RT but will be tagged from out of vision by a bullet and stuck in the zone for 10 seconds, at which point I just keep getting tagged until I die as the timer never hits 0 to let me leave.

Any tips on how to survive these encounters or to be able to get away safely without losing everything over and over?

Current gear is Combat Shotgun, Metal Armor, Metal Mask and regular 12ga Shells.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
Re: How not to die?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:17:49 am »
Use psycho for +15 Normal DR. Use a burst weapon like the "Grease Gun" until you can have something better and kill NPC from 1 hex. Don't use ammo with positive DR modifiers like the red shotgun cartridges - this is giving your enemies + DR and reducing damage. And if you can open lockers in city ruins, do that until you have a few combat armor and wear that instead. 
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »
Ditch the shells. Metal Armor is indeed crap at actually blocking damage (upgrade that to tesla, use it against Enclave). Shotgun Slugs are good if you're an SG burster. Use XLs with AP bullets for cheap high-damage bursts. Ask a friend to help grind you some CA MKII. Hexing is key to caravans.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:42 pm »
Which perks are you choosing? Good ones for DR: Adrenaline Rush, Toughness, Even Tougher.

When i get in those encounters and the enemy is tagging me at range and preventing my escape, i run in wide large circles through the exit grids. Circling like that causes the enemy horde to cluster, and you gradually gain distance as they chase.

But Psycho is the best. You can turn around and start solo hunting those very enemies once you get more HP, DR perks, better armor (CA), and use Psycho (and beer). Even with those normal 12g shells and only a combat shotgun, you can take on 6 or 7 raiders if you use all these things and 1-hex enemies calmly from 1 to the next.

Also what is your AP? The higher your AP, the faster it will recharge. So low AP, forget it.

Welcome to the world of Real-Time! I wish every new player would do this.

Dende

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 07:42:32 pm »
Ditch the shells. Metal Armor is indeed crap at actually blocking damage (upgrade that to tesla, use it against Enclave). Shotgun Slugs are good if you're an SG burster. Use XLs with AP bullets for cheap high-damage bursts. Ask a friend to help grind you some CA MKII. Hexing is key to caravans.
He berly has tier 2 gear and tier 1 ammo you think he would have a XL and 5mm ap and he is probably playing solo. Lash not everyone has a clan of slaves grinding gear for you so you can just lose it.

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:29:19 pm »
LOL

I spent a week mining non-stop in order to craft mounds of Avengers and XLs. But that's a luxury only end-game players enjoy, I'll admit that. I suppose that I can spare time this friday to distribute XLs to the OP and help with his first mutie quest runs.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 10:54:16 pm »
Dude was level 3 last night when I met him in warehouse for crying out loud, enclave isn't his concern yet.  Listen to Rinzler he helped me out when I was starting my time in FOnline.

NotDaddy

• Truth is, game was rigged from the start.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:19:55 am »
For those wondering, yes I do indeed play ~solo~ and my perks thus far are Adrenaline Rush and Toughness (They both just seemed to make sense) Special is S5 P6 E9 C1 I8 A10 L1 and I'm finding it not too hard to dispatch regular enemies now. So my AP is 10, recharges fairly quickly and I've been seeing that if I burst with my little shotgun at the main enemy in an encounter right away I generally come out victorious seeing as he's knocked down or back.

Edit: I'm on the TeamSpeak3 fairly often if anyone wants to come by and say hello!

Endeavour

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 07:24:29 am »
For those wondering, yes I do indeed play ~solo~ and my perks thus far are Adrenaline Rush and Toughness (They both just seemed to make sense) Special is S5 P6 E9 C1 I8 A10 L1 and I'm finding it not too hard to dispatch regular enemies now. So my AP is 10, recharges fairly quickly and I've been seeing that if I burst with my little shotgun at the main enemy in an encounter right away I generally come out victorious seeing as he's knocked down or back.

Edit: I'm on the TeamSpeak3 fairly often if anyone wants to come by and say hello!

- You need even toughter ( a lot more than toughness, and you can trade it for a beer )
- You need E10, for max hp first, an because it counting for crit resistance ( not chance to hit )
- you dont need A10, as you can trade 1 AG for a nuka cola
- you cant really fight ( unless you know what you doing ) with L1, it also counts for certain crit rolls, less than L3/4 is unable to fight.
- I8 means your definitly a crafter, do a second character, buy a base ( just 10k caps, and you have your own faction to invite your alts in ), find how to craft better stuff, have always super stim, use hotkey to use them

About your fighter ( pve ) build, make him I2 L4 E10 A9, use drugs on him ( nuka, psycho, cig ), put rest on S/P as you wish, take BG/FA/DOC, take bonehead + small frame. take AD + even toughter, take bonus rate of fire, take ( at least ) 2 lifegiver, rest is as you wish, take stonewall if you want to stand on your feet whatever happens ( but you need S8+to be effective ), take more ranged damages if you expect more to fight than running, use lsw / m60 there are easy and cheap to farm/craft.
Now your able to fight and win most of encounters, and take your chance to dungeons, try the gun runner quest ( in rt ), go there with your car and enough stuff in car locker, dont park it more than 24h or it may disappear, try to finish it asap ( around 10 minutes ), good luck !

Fallout Dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »
- you cant really fight ( unless you know what you doing ) with L1, it also counts for certain crit rolls, less than L3/4 is unable to fight.

Well, actually I play with 1 LK and it's fine. Sometimes my weapon explode or drop but it isn't often failure. I hex most of critters as well.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 06:48:35 pm »
didnt readed posts above, just last one,
confirming that luck is really overrated for defensive and critical miss purpose, you can play without problems with 1 LK
if you have some remaining points, spend them in LK but there are some priorities (enough ST for perks, 7-10 PE (6-7 if you are pve player, 10 if pvp), 10 EN, 1 CH, minimum but enough IN,10 AG on drugs and then put rest to LK)

Endeavour

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 09:56:49 am »
Well, used "fight" by opposition to "farm",
actually yes LK 1 is enough to "play",
But is it viable for pvp ?

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 10:04:55 am »

Yeah, I played 1 luck tank before implanted him, Many tank builds are 1 luck builds. Now it is less  of a thing since You can buy special implants.

It is of course better to have more than 1 luck. (but this can be corrected by set of implants.)

Peace

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 11:17:11 am »
Dont waste your time awgy. This guy knows it all...

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Endeavour

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 12:06:18 pm »

Yeah, I played 1 luck tank before implanted him, Many tank builds are 1 luck builds. Now it is less  of a thing since You can buy special implants.

It is of course better to have more than 1 luck. (but this can be corrected by set of implants.)

Peace

You mean theres no such a big diference between LK2 / LK6 in pvp ?