April 28, 2024, 09:39:10 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Combo Suggestions...  (Read 1950 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Combo Suggestions...
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:15:30 am »
* When you're in a reactor, even the old broken one at Gecko, you should not need a lighter. The reactor itself lights you up a tiny bit, and auto-lights your cigs.

* All companions should auto-reload when they hit the worldmap, if they haven't already by the time they hit an exit grid. That way they start with a full clip, same as everyone else.

* Companions should get partial xp from their leader's kills, same as a player who tags him.

* Stranded Rust quest (Klamath) needs to have valve timer extended so a single player could do it if he's fast enough.

* Optimizing the Power House quest at Junktown for Thomas currently has a very high Repair or Science requirement. This should be lowered to better match starting characters so they can do it early. People forget about this later as they move on.

* All these wipes erase a lot of hard-earned xp. Give each player 1 Achievement Book after wipe, that represents his highest level before wipe. Objection: "That would take a long time to figure out." Reply: "It would need to be an event, a long event. If you're not there, you miss it."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:39:40 am by Henry »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Combo Suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:19:55 am »
* When you're in a reactor, even the old broken one at Gecko, you should not need a lighter. The reactor itself lights you up a tiny bit, and auto-lights your cigs.
It can be radation there but not fire radius. Anyway +1 for radiaton there - this is the mostly using place at TC plays. :D

* All companions should auto-reload when they hit the worldmap, if they haven't already by the time they hit an exit grid. That way they start with a full clip, same as everyone else.
And I want to see companions able to use Stimpaks.

* Companions should get partial xp from their leader's kills, same as a player who tags him.
It's too exploitable for now. Some share-xp issues aren't solved yet. (But it should take ~15min of work).

* Stranded Rust quest (Klamath) needs to have valve timer extended so a single player could do it if he's fast enough.
Quote from: worldremaker
4. Remember that this is MMO game, not another single player mod for Fallout game.
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9640.msg78376#msg78376
I ment there some features must be here for teamplay. So somewhere you must have that friend/other player, even for this one createloc dungeon.

* Optimizing the Power House quest at Junktown for Thomas currently has a very high Repair or Science requirement. This should be lowered to better match starting characters so they can do it early. People forget about this later as they move on.
But you can ignore ANY cooldown there.

* All these wipes erase a lot of hard-earned xp. Give each player 1 Achievement Book after wipe, that represents his highest level before wipe. Objection: "That would take a long time to figure out." Reply: "It would need to be an event, a long event. If you're not there, you miss it."
What? Wipe is for that everyone can start from... nothing.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 03:32:44 pm »
The radiation lighting your cigs is meant to be a cute idea only, so Gecko reactor would be the one TC place where forgetting your lighter is okay.

The Stranded Rust quest is one of the few, fun, private PvE maps in the game. A solo player can, even while his team has logged out, still play the GR mutie quest, and this Klamath quest could be like that. Allowing a player to work the red valves on his own would not mean he cannot bring his team with him - it would not reduce playability. It would only add playability. And if he's doing this quest, he's likely rather new and doesn't have a team anyway, but will need help in the hold. Meanwhile the real MMO features are still there: TC, Reno, Warehouse, Flare Traps, etc etc etc.

Repair/Science requirement in Junktown Powerhouse is too high, is what i am saying.  You can spam it for a long time and still no fixy. Also, did you know that we cannot craft while we have a Repair timer?

Wipe, starting from nothing. Yeah, I already started from nothing 5 times now. How is that balanced when i will start from nothing for the 6th time, and new guys start from nothing from the 1st or 2nd time? I believe this is burning people out. When i hear players comment about this, they dread it. When i try to encourage them that "don't worry, it sets us all back to zero, not just you" they don't care.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:00:44 pm »

Well, seems funny. But the thing is, 99% of players take drugs before entering town anyways.

Yep. Nice quick fix.

I totally agree. Companions are a pain in the ass NOT ONLY because they aren't usable in PvP, but also because they HAVE to get the damn kill for exp... Hopefully they get these "exploits" fixed because shared XP would be a Godsend.

Agreed. Warehouse, Reno, Freaking Glow; all this is solo-able, yet a freaking easy peasy quest isnt solo-able?

Also agreed. I know quite a few quests are scaled a little wonky. New players wont even consider these quests because of the requirements. And by the time the make the requirements, they are already past these little shitty quests.

-1 dude... The Whole point of a wipe is to refresh and renew! This would break everything. All balances, only the experienced guys would be in the lead (Again). Wouldn't even give the new guys a start.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »
I totally agree. Companions are a pain in the ass NOT ONLY because they aren't usable in PvP, but also because they HAVE to get the damn kill for exp... Hopefully they get these "exploits" fixed because shared XP would be a Godsend.
Easy to fix - add function "share exp with..." and agree for second side instead making tag to party and stealing xp points from others.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 08:01:29 pm »

The best part of playing every Fallout & Fonline is the beginning when you are poor wastelander who starts from scratch. Only people who play fonline for short period of time can not understand, they must play longer to find out this "magic". I do not like that idea, if you gave people which grinded for example 300 level it would break balance as fuck. What about quests, jobs and all unknown activities which will come with new session? Read some Corosive's posts, fonline will be changed (I hope).
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 09:46:10 pm »
Easy to fix - add function "share exp with..." and agree for second side instead making tag to party and stealing xp points from others.

Yeah but idk about the code. I'm not a writer so I have no clue how hard or easy it would be.