April 27, 2024, 08:01:05 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Balance][Exploit] Extended Cap. Batteries sale prices  (Read 2994 times)

Imrin

• View Profile
[Balance][Exploit] Extended Cap. Batteries sale prices
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:00:18 am »
Problem: Extended cap batteries require only 1 good metal part and sell for a price comparable to the pre-nerf good metal parts. The use of Extended Capacitor batteries to bypass the Good Metal Parts nerf has become commonplace. I have tested this personally as well have killed many "traders" carrying 50+ extended cap batteries to various towns to sell to various traders for all of their caps. This practice further exacerbates the issue of the broken economy in Reloaded and should be quickly and swiftly remedied.

Steps to recreate:
1. Obtain Good Metal Parts.
2. Obtain EW Crafter level 2 - a small investment.
3. Craft Good Metal Parts into Extended Cap Batteries at an advanced workbench.
4. Sell Extended Cap Batteries to a merchant which accepts them.
5. Observe as they sell for a far greater amount than their actual worth and a price comparable to pre-nerf Good Metal Parts.

Solution 1: Nerf the sale price of Extended Cap Batteries.
Solution 2: Increase the crafting requirements of Extended Cap Batteries.

Screenshot:

OdijSuppi

• View Profile
Re: [Balance][Exploit] Extended Cap. Batteries sale prices
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:15 am »
Yea looks like a common currency these days. The Trader in Hub has over 2.000 of these things. ^^
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:22:53 am »
This practice further exacerbates the issue of the broken economy in Reloaded and should be quickly and swiftly remedied.
This is my favorite part.
Economy was, is and will be broken in every FOnline game for many reasons. If you care about game economy so much, then why you are posting it here instead of sending me a PM? Jesus, you guys from ARWH are really strange :D

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 10:53:04 am »
When a vendor has 2,000 of an item, you assume the community already knows of this. I discovered it when I killed a guy carrying nothing but 150 of them. That being said, is the bug forum not for reporting this stuff? I was under the impression that was why this existed.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 11:08:01 am »
thank for the tip imrin :D

Imrin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 11:36:01 am »
This practice further exacerbates the issue of the broken economy in Reloaded and should be quickly and swiftly remedied.
This is my favorite part.
Economy was, is and will be broken in every FOnline game for many reasons. If you care about game economy so much, then why you are posting it here instead of sending me a PM? Jesus, you guys from ARWH are really strange :D
I'm reporting an issue. It's your or the other developers' calls whether or not it's recognized. I don't understand why you seem to be taking this personally insofar that you're being condescending where it's wholly unwarranted.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:02 pm »
Wipe balance economy, just for while :P
Very old problem already, that can't be fixed.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »
Fixed after next update.