March 28, 2024, 11:33:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Constant Map Contest [Game Master's Rewards]  (Read 27915 times)

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
Re: Constant Map Contest [Game Master's Rewards]
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 09:39:13 am »
Just passing by, I realized I made a map a long time ago, so If anyone can tell me how to send it and who to, would be great.

Don't want any rewards.

wait untill DocAN back from vacation and send him, dont send now becouse the pvp players spam his inbox with fake reports.

brae

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 03:04:03 am »
"Your map can be here"

Rewards suggestion:

a) Books of achievement levels: 30, 50, 75, 100 etc
b) GM rare items like : Tables, Ice chests, glowing items, etc
c) Regular stuff: Ammo, Armors, Guns
d) Unique items: Implants

This is how it could look like:

Sorry am new to this game and forums, but I am interested in creating maps. Downloaded the tools and read some tutorials. What does he mean when he says locations + x amount of maps? Does this mean a map of an original location and x amount of variations of this original map?

Thank you for help!

1. 3x simple maps - lvl 30 book + some b) or c) reward
2. Location with 2+ maps - lvl 50 book + some b) or c) reward
3. Location with 4+ maps - lvl 75 book + some b) and c) reward
4. Location with 7+ maps - lvl 100 book + some b) + c) + d) reward

Of course maps have to be good.
Other rewards are also available on demand.

Here You can find tools like fonline reloaded mapper
Simple guide how to use mapper: Mapper Guide
Qustions about maps and mapping put here

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 08:08:14 pm »
9 maps location submitted to the contest, congrats !

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 01:17:06 pm »
sounds nice

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 03:44:02 pm »
UPDATE!!

If you plan on making a dungeon, or hostile location please follow this guide and ADD YOUR OWN NPCS. We are overwhelmed with new maps and user submitted material that it's becoming impossible to keep up with. At this rate our TODO list is slowing us down again. By adding your own NPCs, CRITTERS, ENEMIES, etc you save us HOURS of work.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvtJZxUiO5XQhABi3CGoN5lIol4R

If you need any help feel free to post your questions over here:

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=11322.0

You are free to add randomly spawning items to containers, and this is HIGHLY encouraged!!
On Reloaded's new season this code applies. Apply it the same way you would when making something a MOB, or guard.
Code: [Select]
spawner_farm
MakeSpawnerFarm

Urlag

• Supporter
  • UBERSPAST!!!
    • View Profile
    • Adventures of the Uberspast
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 01:28:06 pm »
Soething like the Compound from Road Warrior ... i thought of it maybe as a cheap Base option.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 06:27:11 pm »
Wow thats amazing map. Well done.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 11:31:16 am »
Aye, that is some great work  :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 10:45:30 pm »
Urlag, i love that map. Very good idea with those tires.

This one is an idea for quest location:

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 02:21:51 pm »
Sadly all trains facing one site but amazing

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 06:34:19 pm »
Henry I love idea for your map but I think there is an issue with trains. It looks bad when there is only one type of train. This map would be better if there were few variants.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 01:07:36 am »
Henry I love idea for your map but I think there is an issue with trains. It looks bad when there is only one type of train. This map would be better if there were few variants.

Well of course i agree, but there are only 2 train options, long and short, and i used them both. I decorated them with those stickers, signs and graffiti for some variety - that's the best i could do. Plan is to make 3 more Railyard maps to extend Rail Line Gang quest into a series, but next ones will have fewer trains. This one is the most crowded.

fyi: My grampa was a train engineer and parked many of the old trains in a train museum in my city. When i go there, they don't all look alike, but not too different, and they do all face the same direction.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:09:43 am by Henry »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 02:45:07 pm »
I like the train map too! It is very unfortunate that they only face one way, but very nice idea to throw in some extra misc scenery to randomize :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 06:43:25 am »
Guys, I love Special Encounters a lot, so I want to create more of these. Simple and interesting. I'm not gonna add a lot of loot there, but more like just interesting locations that would make sense in the fonline universe. Here's an example:

Do you recognize it?

Looks like a shelter...

a bit abandoned...

The only relatively worthy thing here is this:

but... it has no fuel and there are no batteries on the map. And it's broken. I know. It is cruel. But the wasteland is unforgiving. Now you have to leave this car here. Unless you are got at repairing and have some fuel.[/quote]

I think it would be really cool to have like 30-50 of different unique simple or not, but somewhat not boring SEs. And increase the chance to encounter them accordingly so that the amount of profitable SEs people encounter would remain the same.

I don't know about you, but I get quite excited when I encounter an SE. Want to have more of them with more Easter eggs. Even if they are not very profitable.

We are overwhelmed with new maps and user submitted material that it's becoming impossible to keep up with.

adding the NPCs, dialogues and stuff is not an issue, we can provide completely playable and tested maps, but do you still need them? Would be a bit upsetting to build multiple nice, finished maps with loot, textures, npcs, dialogues and scripts just to have them be not implemented.

And, right, in case you don't mind new SEs, how should we submit them? Should we just submit location and its maps and you'll make an SE of it. It's just for testing purposes it's easier to make them normal locations, visible on the WM.

Another question is why do we have some empty maps on the server side? Wouldn't it be better to remove unused maps from the server side to reduce confusion? I'm talking about things like se_brahmin.fomap or se_bridge.fomap. I believe they are the SEs from Ft2, but what are they doing there? It would be cool if you could clean the maps up for s3 client/server source for us to download.

Made another nice location. Would be cool to have it as an SE:

I don't rly think I need to add anything else to this location
it has lots of tobacoo, barley, fiber, around 40 brock and 40 xander, some wood, water...
very fresh organic thing. I encountered this location in ft3, was fascinated by the change of scenery

Another question is what IDs should we give to locations and maps? Or will you reassign the ids regardless? And what files do you expect to get except the fomaps? Scripts, dialogues, locations?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:07:50 am by cthulchu »

aivan

• Patria o Muerte
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 09:55:36 pm »
i didnt saw this topic, so i post the link to the thread i made yesterday. https://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=12569.0

and here is the entire quote of the thread.
Spoiler: show

hello fonline reloaded community, im here to share the maps i made. the scenary its almost finished but now i need to hard work in dialogues/scripts/quest. im posting this because i want your feedback and with that also i can improve it with news ideas. also if some one want to help me testing if there is a bug with the scene tellme cause i cant startup the worldmapeditor by some reason (windows 10 maybe fuck up my pc) sorry for my english also for the dialogs when i finish the trees of them i will need a english speaker to correct my own errors typing in a foregein language, so this is the place to found him/her

- lore: [spoiler]Las Tunas its a settlement of scavengers close to a pre apocalipsis route, between san francisco and the hub, the place its there from 3 generations and actually they live trading with caravans and couriers. if you are going to west from hub, this is the place where you can take a rest and get provisions to finish your travel.
 -a caravan its getting repaired one of their bikes before their go to san francisco
 -there is a mechanic who repairs caravans cars or motorcycles with some knowledge about electronics he can teach you something, he is the repairman of the settlement and his dead father manage to rebuild a little electric generator.
 -there is a gun/resources merchant who sells & buys any kind of small guns and ammo, he is good making ammo and repairing guns and provides the tacticals solutions to this place, provinding guns and such to the guards.
 -facing the north its a well guarded barricade, deathclaws and raiders are a problem and thats why they are behind all this wire fence and well armed.
 -to secure the electric generator and themselves, they made a little bunker to protect kids in case of atack by a deathclaw horde.
 -6 miles to the north there is a cave full of old toxic, pathogenic, radiactive residual of the prewar maybe in that times politics need to hide their shit to stay in the power. in this cave deathclaws made their nest, the residuals are warms and give they a great place to procreate. a ghoul is living with them. (this should be a quest, where a npc on the settlement ask you to do something againts the deathclaws, after you kill them all you talk to the ghoul and give a chance to stay alive if you have some outdoorsman skill and he tooks some eggs with him and goes to another cave wich you have spotted, if not you kill him and put a dynamite/c4/something and the cave its blowed).

- screens
Spoiler: show

Las tunas day

las tunas night

las tunas bunker

las tunas deathclawnest entrance (modified existing cavemap)

las tunas deathclawnest inside (modified existing cavemap)