April 28, 2024, 09:34:14 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Which factions were/are important in fonline community?  (Read 11978 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Which factions were/are important in fonline community?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 01:15:43 am »
The Rogues, TTTLA, Bang Bang Smash, The Redneck Yokels, The Ultra Violence, Cajuns, Red Dot Army, The Judgement Day Club.

Those are the only factions I remember from the beginning. They were famous and helped shape the community.

The #1 ... is... *drum roll!*

The Rogues.

They even robbed me twice... FU Kilgore lol. Ironic how we're buddies now hehe. But the Rogues were the first gang to really conquer the wasteland and truly SHOCK the community. For the longest time they were the sole owners of ALL TC towns by having the numbers and members from across ALL time zones.

The Judgement Day Club was my gang :P We were so mysterious people thought we had 100's of members when in fact it was only about 10 of us. Our advertisement and hype generation made people think, and we had new recruits almost EVERY day for us to manipulate and exploit for caps :)

Good times.

TTTLA was the second menace, but overall they had pretty decent laws. A TTTLA town was a decent town, but most of the members didn't respect their leadership goals. So... most people just shot you.

The Ultra Violence kind of replaced TTTLA, and by that point Red Dot, Cajuns, and BBS started picking up the slack from the Rogues. I'm pretty sure the Rogues became so big that they have to branch off in order to balance out the other gangs. But who knows... that was a long time ago.

Ah, 2238! The good old days! Everytime I get drunk I party like it's fokken 2238 all over again!

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 07:43:05 am »
You guys don't mention first and second sessions of 2238 at all and that's when a lot of interesting stuff happened, because characters weren't completely minmaxed and gangs weren't very organised, with few exceptions. Only few gangs used voice communication (BBS and maybe VSB?): teamspeak 2, ventrilo. But well, it was 2009.

Third season was interesting as well but this time gangs were organised much better and extreme pvp builds (18action points, max dmg resistance, etc.) appeared.

I can write more a bit later if someone finds it interesting. Also, it would be cool if a member of Bros or Repo Men wrote about the early times. But the only active person from Repo Men that I know is DocAn.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:45:49 am by Kilgore »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 09:04:02 pm »
I think this would make an interesting community project.

Xtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 06:39:07 pm »
BBS HERE! TOWN IS SAFE!!
TTTLA FOR THE GREAT JUSTICE!

Where are The Orphans? Cajuns? VSB? Rogues? TTTLA? C88? Section 8? BBS? AmboyDukes? RDA? Grim Reapers? Hawks? Chosen Soldiers? The Samartians? The Guardians?
And the boths mega alliance of all times? 60+ players in each side, The North Bandits and The Peacekeepers?
But u know what? noone were so great like Dogs Of Wars!!!

COCO JAMBO my friends!!
FEAR THE SPEAR!!!!!

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Dogs_of_War

PS: UV its only from reloaded and Sot r just from the last season of 2238, even TKs are more older than those factions
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:47:29 pm by Xtreme »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 09:44:21 pm »
I'm really hoping the new season makes people completely forget about 2238 and start talking about Reloaded like it is/was the greatest server ever.

Prob with 2238 is that the game was new to all of us, including the devs. Now? Well... there's not much left to take away or add. I'm sure the new age of FOnline will introduce thousands of new factions for us to ... play with, hehe.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:57 pm »
I'm really hoping the new season makes people completely forget about 2238 and start talking about Reloaded like it is/was the greatest server ever.

Prob with 2238 is that the game was new to all of us, including the devs. Now? Well... there's not much left to take away or add. I'm sure the new age of FOnline will introduce thousands of new factions for us to ... play with, hehe.

Well, we're waiting...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 01:13:23 am »

apocalypseman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 06:56:07 am »
I remember 2238. I was a member of the Reactor Punks my name was The Wolf, not a big group but we had fun. Got into a lot of small skirmishes here and there. I remember always getting into shootouts with a player named "Yaz". We also shot anyone on sight, whose name looked Slavic lol.

I remember Larry Rotgut hanging out in the center of NCR, idle for DAYS, lol. I really liked the radios, those were so cool. I can't tell you how many times I ambushed people just by eves dropping. I had it happen to me one time lol.

I have some screens from 2238 I'll have to clean them up and post them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:01:08 am by apocalypseman »
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 01:16:24 pm »
You guys don't mention first and second sessions of 2238 at all and that's when a lot of interesting stuff happened, because characters weren't completely minmaxed and gangs weren't very organised, with few exceptions. Only few gangs used voice communication (BBS and maybe VSB?): teamspeak 2, ventrilo. But well, it was 2009.

Third season was interesting as well but this time gangs were organised much better and extreme pvp builds (18action points, max dmg resistance, etc.) appeared.

I can write more a bit later if someone finds it interesting. Also, it would be cool if a member of Bros or Repo Men wrote about the early times. But the only active person from Repo Men that I know is DocAn.
Give us history lessons oh mighty kilgore  8)

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 03:25:21 pm »
history lesson heh  ::)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »
I'm making a little suggestion within the thread, maybe a bit offtopic but still related, here it comes:

What about adding some fourth wall breaking NPCs that would tell the story for new players to read?
Like an old man who would be claiming to be a former faction member, or a resident of some town who would tell players how this and that faction were battleling every day for the control of a town. Some elderly historian talking about how factions rose and vanished, that kind of stuff. Or even a misterious stranger rare encounter (kinda like the hermit, but more rare) that would tell stuff about the game changes wipe after wipe. Characters like the bridgekeeper, in the idea.

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 10:22:14 am »
I'm making a little suggestion within the thread, maybe a bit offtopic but still related, here it comes:

What about adding some fourth wall breaking NPCs that would tell the story for new players to read?
Like an old man who would be claiming to be a former faction member, or a resident of some town who would tell players how this and that faction were battleling every day for the control of a town. Some elderly historian talking about how factions rose and vanished, that kind of stuff. Or even a misterious stranger rare encounter (kinda like the hermit, but more rare) that would tell stuff about the game changes wipe after wipe. Characters like the bridgekeeper, in the idea.

+1
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2016, 04:26:30 pm »

that sounds very cool, tell the legends of FOnline:Reloaded 1+
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 10:56:14 pm »

amazing idea