May 01, 2024, 03:24:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Roleplay on Fonline  (Read 3234 times)

⛧Donnie Darko⛧

• Supporter
  • Dirty, Mean, and Most Importantly Rude.
    • View Profile
Roleplay on Fonline
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:03:24 am »
I wanted to discuss something with the general population of reloaded.

I think we should have a thread (maybe this one in particular) where we put character names and backstories for people that want to roleplay. I do it from time to time, such as when I'm playing as Alice Liddell (name from Alice in Wonderland) I usually portray a psychotic serial killer whose friends with few. Its almost as if Im playing Harley Quinn but as Alice Liddel if she was a raider.

With Donnie I took it a step further and created a backstory for him (which I also use for Pen & Paper) and it. Which will be posted below.
Its funny/annoying when you're roleplaying and someone says some comment like "Khans dont do TC" and I have to respond with "What the fuck is a TC? Some vehicle or some shit?" and they don't get it. But I can't (dont want to) break out of character.

So this thread is sort of like an awareness post for those who want to do some roleplaying. If you dont like RP then thats fine, you don't even have to play along with it. But be aware of others doing it. So when you're talking to them, you're not completely and utterly confused.

http://s33.postimg.org/4ef35c8zj/Donniesbackstory.png

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay on Fonline
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:01:05 pm »
Yeah I roleplay all the time here is the backstory : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cube
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »
I'm drawn to add something here, but...i don't know what. I like some RP. I do some RP. Good idea, but Alice Liddell has been in TC, so i'm not sure how you think that's not breaking character.

⛧Donnie Darko⛧

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:25 am »
I'm drawn to add something here, but...i don't know what. I like some RP. I do some RP. Good idea, but Alice Liddell has been in TC, so i'm not sure how you think that's not breaking character.

With those characters its hard to do RP. Ive made a new character (not saying whom) thats going to be completely devoted to it.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:12:34 am »
Good roleplay is best thing mate :D
Good luck Donnie, you're really bring some fresh air to this game :D
GUN FOR HIRE

⛧Donnie Darko⛧

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »
Good roleplay is best thing mate :D
Good luck Donnie, you're really bring some fresh air to this game :D
Appretiate that bud!

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 07:25:15 pm »
Old Hank  ;D

Spoiler: show
Hank Jacobs was born in the off skirts of New Reno. As a child, he scavenged any scrap or electronics he could get his hands on. By age 16, he had already built his own Plasma Pistol, a whole arsenal of Sub Machine Guns, 2 Dune Buggies, and a Motorcycle from pieces and parts from his collection.

On his 16th birthday, he went up to a local garage to see if he could sell them one of his Buggies. The owner was very impressed at the vehicle, and offered Hank a job. Hank was content with life at this point. Every day, he would scrap, repair, salvage, and build anything he possibly could. Hank was so skilled, that customers would specifically ask for him to do the job.

Hank not only repaired vehicles, but he built and repaired weapons and armor too. He was well paid, and well appreciated.

Hank loved his job. He worked at the garage for 39 years, learning nearly all there is to know about Engineering and Repairing things. He also had a knack for using energy based weapons. He never really used weapons on the field, but he had his own make shift range at his place. His liked to field test his work before he sold it to the public. Without knowing it, Hank became a fine marksman with Energy-based Weapons.

At 55 years old, Hank was as fit and fired up as ever. Although he was just as strong and energetic as a 20 year old, everyone still referred to him as “Old Hank” almost as a sign of respect. Working a great job all his life kept him happy and healthy. As happy as he was, all things change. It was one day that the garage where he worked was vandalized by raiders. This is how it’s written in Hanks Journal,

“I was working on an AK-112 Assault rifle… the spring had popped out, it was gonna be an easy fix. Just as I put pressure on the spring, I heard a booming on the slide door. All of a sudden, it came clattering down. A bunch of dudes wearing helmets and tire-armor busted through the door, yelling and demanding all kinds of crazy stuff. Next thing I know, they were beating the shit out of Larry, the dude that works on the other side of the shop. Boss gave ‘em the keys to a new Hummer… I was pissed.

Even though what was happening was complete bullshit, I felt really exhilarated for some reason. It was exciting and adventurous. Just about that time, one of the hoodlums came over to me and said “What are you staring at old man?!” I looked at his rusty rifle and the first thing I could think to say was “I was just thinking that gun needs some maintenance. Mind if I take a look?” The kid looked at me kinda dumbfounded. He laughed, pulled out the clip, and tossed me the unloaded rifle. “Let’s see what you can do.” In about 90 seconds, I had the gun lubed up, sparkly, and rust free. He looked at the gun for a minute, nodded, and walked over to what seemed like the leader of the gang.

At this point, I looked over at MY boss. He was starting at me like I was satan. I shrugged my shoulders at him. I wasn’t payin much attention, and didn’t notice the leader of bunch stepped over to me. “Show me what you can do with this.” And he tossed a Wattz Magneto-Laser Pistol to me. I grinned ear to ear, ‘cus I love working with lasers. Took about 3 minutes, two screws and a fuse board, and I heard the noise of the laser powering up. I put an energy cell I had on the bench in it, and tossed it back to him. He turned to corkboard, and took a shot. It worked like a charm. The huge dude got a toothy smile on his face and said “You’re working with the Khans now. You’ll get better pay, better booze, and better women.” Without a second thought, I said “Sounds great to me!” I remember all the dudes in the gang yelling in excitement. A stocky member came up to me, put his arm around me and said “Welcome man! I’m Mengelito. It’s awesome to have a new Khan aboard!” He talked in a funny accent and he smelled so strong of booze, it could have knocked a Brahmin out. “I’m Hank. I think I’ll be a pretty good addition to the team. I can fix shit, build shit and shoot shit.”

6 years later, Old Hank is actually becoming OLD. It doesn’t slow him down too much, as he is still up and working to this day. Raiding strong with the Khans, he now gets to enjoy his hobbies while getting the thrill and excitement of adventure. Unfortunately, with his age, his memory slips every now and again. Some think he may be a bit schizophrenic from inhaling all those welding fumes over the years. Some of the Khans say they have seen Hank talking to his buddy named “Ben” even though no one is there.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 12:13:42 am »

⛧Donnie Darko⛧

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 12:18:09 am »
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6364.0

Didn't work that well last time.

the post you linked was from two years ago, it could change.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 12:39:18 am »
Soon you won't need to rely on your imagination too much :P Role playing was a big modifier for the new season :) Make your own story sure, but we will provide all the tools and a livable, breathable world.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 12:53:12 am »
Soon you won't need to rely on your imagination too much :P Role playing was a big modifier for the new season :) Make your own story sure, but we will provide all the tools and a livable, breathable world.

If I would be gay or bi, I would kiss you for bringing such a great news pal :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 01:48:07 am »
Great news sure, but WHEN!? We thirst for fact and truth. Even the slightest thread of evidence of this "new world" would satisfy us long enough to get through this drought of boredom.

We hear "soon soon soon" and "Overhaul features amazing blah" but there is NO evidence. So far, all that we have been told is just to make us shut up, but everyone's patience is wearing thin. PLEASE give something as evidence!

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 10:23:42 am »
Not everyone's. I have oceans of patience, better to wait for wipe than for fixes for bugged or exploitable game.
GUN FOR HIRE

MAC

• Los Alamos Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 11:47:07 am »

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 03:09:20 pm »