April 25, 2024, 07:16:53 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Issues with client download  (Read 1887 times)

InfernoBestia

• View Profile
Issues with client download
« on: May 17, 2016, 04:13:32 am »
Hey guys, I'm new to Fonline if that wasn't evident already. Whenever I download either of the clients, winrar tells me they are corrupted and that the archive has ended. I looked on youtube for a download tutorial just to make absolute sure I wasn't doing anything wrong, and it turns out my rar file is missing like half the files in it. Could someone post a download link with their files in it or tell me what I'm doing wrong lol? It seems I'm always the one who has issues with this kind of stuff while nobody else does.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with client download
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 02:36:28 pm »
You do something wrong, maybe try another unpacker, in example 7zip.

Try this client http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9569.0 This is same client from http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1.0 but maybe will work for you.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Agent M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:35:04 pm »
It seems that for some reason your file has become corrupted. Did you try downloading it again? If not, give it another shot. I just downloaded the full client using the official download link and the Mega mirror link and had zero issues in downloading or extracting the files.

Also, there could be a problem with your Internet connection. Do other websites load correctly? Try downloading something from another website and see if other downloads are having issues as well. What browser are you using? You could also try downloading using a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

InfernoBestia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »
I actually downloaded it 4 times each, both full and compact. I actually had a feeling that maybe i needed to try something other than winrar, i will give 7zip a go later. I will also try downloading from the other link.

InfernoBestia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:23:36 am »
Unforunately, still no luck. Downloaded it from that other link AND tried 7zip instead of winrar, for some reason some of the files just aren't being downloaded. If someone could make a mediafire or dropbox copy of their own, I could see if downloading it from there would work. Seriously have no idea why this isn't working. The only files I actually have are:
assimp32.dll
datafiles.cfg
datafiles2238.cfg
fallout.dat
Annd then in the data folder I have:
faction.zip,
reloaded 001.zip,
reloaded002.zip,
reloaded003.zip, and
reloaded004.zip, and
encounters.dat

Any help would be appreciated, sorry guys

InfernoBestia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 03:03:07 am »
Good news! Downloaded it from megamirror instead and all the files are there. Thanks for the suggestions everyone

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:32 pm »
Good for you! Have fun exploring wasteland ;)
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.