March 28, 2024, 06:13:42 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New Money Term  (Read 2764 times)

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
New Money Term
« on: May 15, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »
Like in title i suggest new term for money.

Re Roll Money = 10 000 k camps

RRM

Like for example u coud say this item is in caps bla bla. Normaly i dont see it, only ofers pm, and Pm ofers nobody can see so there is no prices is value for general public. Example Mr nobody whants to buy something or sell, sombody will say yeah is 10k caps and he sell it and true value is 100k at least. There is no table with market prices.
This could make one :)

But u coud say this item is 30 RRM

or

its about 30 - 35 RRM

What do you think guys?

And its not atempt to make forum gold or something.

And killgore or docan can make table of prices for general public and ofcorse high level characters will put general prices of common items there.

Simple Clean and good idea in my opinion.
King Kong anin't got shit on me!

⛧Donnie Darko⛧

• Supporter
  • Dirty, Mean, and Most Importantly Rude.
    • View Profile
New Money Term
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:16:34 pm »
Well... In lore wise caps were backed up by water. Like how dollars WERE backed up by gold. So it would be cool to see like water reserves or something.

Now the games cap prices now are generally static. While caps are getting farmed, prices stay the same.
Problem is since its end session, no one wants caps they want gear to fight with. They want implants. Thats why more people are offering gear for gear, because caps are mainly useless unless you want to get drugs from merchants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toaster

• You're toast!
    • View Profile
Re: New Money Term
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 10:16:42 pm »
Like for example u coud say this item is in caps bla bla. Normaly i dont see it, only ofers pm, and Pm ofers nobody can see so there is no prices is value for general public. Example Mr nobody whants to buy something or sell, sombody will say yeah is 10k caps and he sell it and true value is 100k at least. There is no table with market prices.

It should stay that way. There is no such thing as a "true" value to an item. A "true" value would be a value that cannot be disputed, under any means or circumstance, the same way you can believe APA is the best armor in game because it provides the most defense out of every other in-game armor. But you could also argue that it makes you more visible and more of a target than a spotlight during a dark night, and demand a little less for it. What if the buyer is trading guns and armors and drugs for APA? What if the trader doesn't want his set of armor, but nobody's buying at that pricing since everybody else is smart enough to sell for less? What if the buyer is willing to pay anything for it?

Shit, why do you want the mods to do your buying and selling for you in the first place? Be smart enough not to sell items the second you get them if you've never heard of them before or know it's purpose. Equipping a weapon or armor tells you it's statistics, which is enough for you to decide for yourself if you're being ripped off. The wiki gives even more details on the strategies of (most) items.

Also, there really is no point in having a new term for caps. It needlessly complicates things for players. Dunno about you guys, but saying 1 million caps is easier than taking a little bit of time to calculate how many RRM that would be, or 13k instead of 1 RRM and 3k.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:28:28 pm by Toaster »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 10:40:52 pm »
Maybe introduce some NPCs who will sell us NCR,Desert,Enclave or Brotherhood CA for caps only under some conditions like rep, quest whatever.

Same with some guns and ammo hard to obtain.
GUN FOR HIRE

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 12:07:48 pm »
Maybe introduce some NPCs who will sell us NCR,Desert,Enclave or Brotherhood CA for caps only under some conditions like rep, quest whatever.

Same with some guns and ammo hard to obtain.

Or just make CA mk2 and brotherhood armor craft-able like it was in 2238

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »
Enclave and Desert too, but it will need some "rare" component.
More rare than Fire Gecko's Skin.
GUN FOR HIRE

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 12:44:41 pm »
Enclave and Desert too, but it will need some "rare" component.
More rare than Fire Gecko's Skin.

Quest, must join brotherhood, enclave or Desert to gain access to there secrets of crafting these items. 

Armorer level 3, Gecko Skins, fibers, metal parts, HQ Alloys, HQ Metal and CA Mk1 to craft these items. I think no rare item is needed just make the materials more.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 01:41:04 pm »
It will only create urge in players to make more alts just to farm it. I would rather see it as rare material, let's put it this way:

There's NPC John Wayne in f.e. Junktown who is old retired Desert Hunter, one of best rangers and marksmen in his days. Now after giving him 10k caps he will teach you the way of desert ranger. So you will be able to craft desert combat armors. Materials needed to build one will be metal parts, hq m.parts, hq alloys, alloys, fibers and hq fibers,kevlar or something. There will be quest (with cooldown) that will grant you some random ammount of this material. Quest will be avaialbe at this NPC. He will grant you with ammo,gun, or small ammount of this material. Quest will need some caps, to be done. Let's say he won't tell you place/cave/base with those mats for free.

Now add similar NPC in NCR Rangers outpost with same dialogue but with NCR CA recipe, if Desert needed hq fibers, than ncr will need kevlar. We need another "special" material.

Same goes with enclave and brotherhood.

Ofc they all will need different special mat to avoid exploits like farming all mats just to make only BH armors. And you have new caps sink.
GUN FOR HIRE

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 06:06:13 pm »
Maybe brotherhood will be craftable only by brotherhood npc (some materials caps and ca)
And desert craftable by buing recipe from that old hunter
(Hq fiber chitin plate [farmed from desert stalkers]  ca and tool)
That would be neat idea
Also craftable ca mk II(or make npc upgrade ca mk I for caps and stuff) would be nice but i would like most of things craftable XP

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka