April 26, 2024, 04:24:01 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Ideas for new Special Encounters and items  (Read 3843 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Re: Ideas for new Special Encounters and items
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 03:12:28 pm »
Guys it's the 23rd century.

If you're still bringing a knife to a gun fight - expect to lose.

Grimnir

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 12:16:08 am »
Have another idea about a Special Encounter. Maybe it deserves its own thread but here goes:

The Room of Requirement (if you seen the HP movies you know).
A room where all the stuff ends up that got lost in inventories or that dropped from people dying in regular encounters without getting looted by other players before that regular encounter ended. As soon as a player finds this SE he can stay there as long as he likes, perhaps even allowing distress calls into it.
As soon as it is set up (discovered) any gear that is "despawned" out in the wastes from players dying in encounters, that identical gear starts to spawn in the room. It won't spawn anything from before it was discovered, so it won't work retroactively.
It could be anything from total noob stuff (mostly) to really high end gear lost during the last seconds of some caravan gone wrong. It generates more gear the more people are on the server at the moment obviously.

To stay in the room the player(s) would have to fend of endless waves of anti-camp mobs that spawn immediately and gets harder even faster than a regular encounter does.
Upon leaving, the location is immediately lost.

Admit it, you like this idea.  8)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:21:16 am by Grimnir »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 12:11:42 pm »
Who's gonna make those maps, items and write scripts for those fun modes ?
GUN FOR HIRE

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 12:20:21 pm »
*ahem*  maps you say? *cough*
This is an alright idea but it's way out of the vicinity hehe, although more SE's should be a thing, and I do believe that the devs would have took it into account. It won't stop me whipping up a couple though. How does an abandoned police station sound with the opportunity to get a police car? Just a thought  ::)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »
I am still waiting for more mapping guys, it is not hard to achieve good looking map, really. Just download tools, read few lines of tutorial and readme, see how maps are built and finally design that fucking map :)

Idea is okay but I would turn into special encounters with storylines like zekromo says. And encounter should be temporary, Grimnir's idea seems to be too abusive.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 02:32:45 pm »
*ahem*  maps you say? *cough*
This is an alright idea but it's way out of the vicinity hehe, although more SE's should be a thing, and I do believe that the devs would have took it into account. It won't stop me whipping up a couple though. How does an abandoned police station sound with the opportunity to get a police car? Just a thought  ::)

And police uniform or two, with small chance to get it statted.

Btw. I'm not saying we don't have any mappers...but still would be nice to meet someone who has something more to offer than few ideas. Someone who will bring some maps, scripts and all that shit. You are cool man, but I would like to see you making more maps other than touched in this idea, while author of idea will bring his own map...than we will have even more maps :D
GUN FOR HIRE