March 29, 2024, 11:50:54 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: People moving to AOP  (Read 16618 times)

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: People moving to AOP
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2016, 05:27:49 pm »
Define "time"...

Most important thing is to add content without bugs/exploits, other way You will end like AoP now - new wipe incoming, many players rage quited because of exploits and abuses.

We don't want to make such mistake.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2016, 05:40:05 pm »
All these carebear discussions for random noobs disappoint me. Most of the fun of fonline is from figuring things out and having adventures with buddies. At first you die a lot but who cares its part of the game. Even if you cut down on ability to pk it won't make even one noob stay because if people die once or twice and get so buttflustered they quit then they wouldn't have stayed anyways.

I've helped many noobs and maybe 1% of those I helped stay longer than a day even though I'm teaching them and they aren't being pkd. Most of these noobs don't even deserve help because they are total morons with their heads up their asses. Say what you like about "dumb pvp apes" and "retarded pkers driving away players" but these guys take the time to learn wtf they are doing and know how to play. Most of the shitty noobs don't actually play the game and just erotic roleplay in the hub and cry about mean nasty people who won't let them erp other places too.

People quit because they aren't interested in playing the game. Many just want some retarded Facebook thing where they can type idiocy to other noobs all day and maybe get a skin or 2 to show off. That's literally all they want from the game. We don't need those kinds of people. IMO there needs to be more outreach to players that have never heard of fonline so more real players have a chance to join. Because I'd guess that for every person interested in playing the game there are 10 idiots who want to be retarded in hub. And nothing will make these people want to do anything other than sit in hub.

It takes a certain kind of person to play and enjoy fonline and you can't change that or it won't be fonline anymore.

сайга

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »
If you want new players don't PK them, instead help them

It's how I stood, a little help from a few players made me stay.

I personally have a rule to not PK unless I know they are an actual player, and not a brand new noob. At least you kill a experienced guy he tries to hunt you down, noobs leave game and never come back.

Only reason I'm still here is cause 1 guy taught me "Give kinder fruit, and shovel the shit" instead of PK'ing me
TLDR: the game (both gameplay and players) is on the level of a minecraft home server and it aint ever gonna change as devs just dont give a fuck about it

unlike you and 90% of the current playerbase, actual oldfags remember that 2238 was a lot harder (and much more fun tbh) and still it was popular and at a point it had more people than reloaded ever had. pussies who ragequit after first death do not belong here, it shows that they would only wank at hub instead of going out and meet players anyway, because guess what, an online game is about meeting and interacting with people. if someone wants to play safely and farm stuff until eternity, he can just go play fallout 2 or fucking download the client and make a server at home.

the problem with the game is that there are no main goals and there is almost no challenge in getting stuff or leveling up (remember after wipe people had implants and lvl 60+ chars), and as mentioned before, you dont have to interact players to get any of those. secondly the game is not even close to be normie-friendly, just look at it. even the shittiest indie games have ingame options menu and easy-to-understand controls and game mechanics, and even ingame tutorials, while reloaded lacks all of these. hell, even 2238 had a god damn installer and launcher which made the game look somewhat more user friendly. character building is hella complicated, it should be made in a way that you dont have to check wiki every second to what to do after registering your already failed character. maybe solution is better ingame descriptions and simplified character building, which would need total overhaul in the game balance e.g harder leveling so someone would actually chose more than 1 intelligence.
as for the wipe, it will probably never happen, and even if it will then its gonna be shitty or its gonna be a copy of FO2 since they have already implemented a lot of good ideas regarding balance and variety (they still failed to keep anyone else than pvp apes).

if you use search you can easily find almost identical threads to this because complaining about a broken game for 2,5 years without results will only result more complaining and always ends up by some troll post by kilgore: cry more pvp apes minority fonline:locker etc etc (see johny's post) so dont think it will end up in something else. better move on to other games

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2016, 07:32:53 pm »

People who remember 2238 know that making the server harder caused a lot of rage like the removal of ss stealing from bos and introduction of blueprints, crafting cooldowns, log in cooldowns. It had more players maybe because it was the only english server, now playerbase is split between 2-3 english servers

ShOw.

• Wiki Editor
  • Who do you think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2016, 08:03:41 pm »

like the removal of ss stealing from bos and introduction of blueprints, crafting cooldowns, log in cooldowns.

Maybe that were something which many of 2238 peoples were liked, now unlimited crafting, fastreloging and no SS stealing is missed.

There were always something to do craft few gears, or spend hours by stealing SS and AP ammo for pvp. And that change of capital city is kinda shit here too.. Fuck the non pvp HUB..

Wasteland smiles on us..

War war never changes.

BastianS14

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 08:24:54 pm »

People who remember 2238 know that making the server harder caused a lot of rage like the removal of ss stealing from bos and introduction of blueprints, crafting cooldowns, log in cooldowns. It had more players maybe because it was the only english server, now playerbase is split between 2-3 english servers

Good points man, this is what get me pissed... explaining what we all already know (players with common sense...)

Dont waste your time responding some people, all they do is blaming, insulting and showing personal traumas on forum.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »
If you want new players don't PK them, instead help them
And PK them later, when they grow up. That's how it should be like in a perfect world. Satisfaction from smashing someone's 70 HP character equipped with shovel and 30 caps is close to none. Wait until a player shows up fully geared with maxed out char and smash him then.

It's how I stood, a little help from a few players made me stay.
Similar story here.
It's the people, the crew, mates, goodfellas, niggers to hang around with etc. that make this or that server playable in a long term.

Everywhere you can get the same features - controll the location, grab the loot from container.
Right about time to change this path then, introduce something different from others, attract not by spamming the shit out of Facebook but by setting own high standards. Running yet another clone of FO2/2238/TLA with slightly changed crit table won't work.

You wan't to help them? It doesn't matter because they will leave this game anyway, so it's only wasting of time.
So are we interested in new players to come or not? I'm confused.
It feels like a time waste when you see the results, just a few percent out of total number stays for more than three days. It's really discouraging. But is this purely these newcomers fault they don't want to stay?

The main question is: Why they (old and fresh players) are leaving the game?
Hmmmm... Let's see what we have here... PvP activities like Town Controll or Reno. Sounds good but it's boring after few years of the same. Another thing - solo players can do nothing here. Oh, there is something - Ares (naaah), Gun Runners Quest (two or three times per day, but after week - fuck it), caravan runs (hour after hour, day by day, week - forget), crafting (what they should do with the shitloads of crafted stuff?), chatting in the Hub (not forever), trying to gather some other players and build the team ([player not found]). What else you can do here? DocAN showed some "70%" and who knows that he can even explain what it means. In the better way some from the "70%" could be applyed gradually to the actual game and after some time all server could be wiped. But hell no - "30% undone" sounds better. And add now no events past few months, last adjustment 8 months ago, no new features past two years, some players are cheatting with impunity. It seems the only reason to stay here is nothing else to do in life.
I'm hoping to see more and more of possible activities after wipe. I'm also aware that making an indie game in your non-paid time off does not allow me to raise my demands and expectations very high. It's done when it's done. That's why in current state attracting newcomers is pointless, they will go the same "fonline? meh, booooring" way as many went before.

All these carebear discussions for random noobs disappoint me. Most of the fun of fonline is from figuring things out and having adventures with buddies. At first you die a lot but who cares its part of the game. Even if you cut down on ability to pk it won't make even one noob stay because if people die once or twice and get so buttflustered they quit then they wouldn't have stayed anyways.
That's why we keep having threads like this and that's why something has to be done. Unless what we've got now fits everyone interested perfectly fine - a niche for stubborn masochists with autism at insane levels.

I've helped many noobs and maybe 1% of those I helped stay longer than a day even though I'm teaching them and they aren't being pkd. Most of these noobs don't even deserve help because they are total morons with their heads up their asses. Say what you like about "dumb pvp apes" and "retarded pkers driving away players" but these guys take the time to learn wtf they are doing and know how to play. Most of the shitty noobs don't actually play the game and just erotic roleplay in the hub and cry about mean nasty people who won't let them erp other places too.

People quit because they aren't interested in playing the game. Many just want some retarded Facebook thing where they can type idiocy to other noobs all day and maybe get a skin or 2 to show off. That's literally all they want from the game. We don't need those kinds of people. IMO there needs to be more outreach to players that have never heard of fonline so more real players have a chance to join. Because I'd guess that for every person interested in playing the game there are 10 idiots who want to be retarded in hub. And nothing will make these people want to do anything other than sit in hub.

It takes a certain kind of person to play and enjoy fonline and you can't change that or it won't be fonline anymore.
Staying in a city with a fancy clothes/skin on and typing random shit is not a roleplay, but some retarded abomination I cannot even name. Yeah, in some simple minds, both doing and observing this, such activities may seem to be the roleplay, but no, that's just bad.
However if this or that individual decides to keep his character in the city and chat all day long, why not let them? It doesn't bother anyone or stop anyone from doing something else, does it?

unlike you and 90% of the current playerbase, actual oldfags remember that 2238 was a lot harder (and much more fun tbh) and still it was popular and at a point it had more people than reloaded ever had. pussies who ragequit after first death do not belong here, it shows that they would only wank at hub instead of going out and meet players anyway, because guess what, an online game is about meeting and interacting with people. if someone wants to play safely and farm stuff until eternity, he can just go play fallout 2 or fucking download the client and make a server at home.
I remember 2238 being a lot of easier from what it became later on. No cooldowns, no limits, no pointless actions a lobotomized chimpanzee could do for hours to actually play for 15 minutes, no crawling through worldmap like a crippled pregnant snail. These were the times with player count reaching 500 in peak hours. Nothing to do with safety or non-PvP zones bullshit, wherever this idea came from. My character used to die quite often but hell, I was having so much fun.

the problem with the game is that there are no main goals and there is almost no challenge in getting stuff or leveling up (remember after wipe people had implants and lvl 60+ chars), and as mentioned before, you dont have to interact players to get any of those. secondly the game is not even close to be normie-friendly, just look at it. even the shittiest indie games have ingame options menu and easy-to-understand controls and game mechanics, and even ingame tutorials, while reloaded lacks all of these. hell, even 2238 had a god damn installer and launcher which made the game look somewhat more user friendly. character building is hella complicated, it should be made in a way that you dont have to check wiki every second to what to do after registering your already failed character. maybe solution is better ingame descriptions and simplified character building, which would need total overhaul in the game balance e.g harder leveling so someone would actually chose more than 1 intelligence.
as for the wipe, it will probably never happen, and even if it will then its gonna be shitty or its gonna be a copy of FO2 since they have already implemented a lot of good ideas regarding balance and variety (they still failed to keep anyone else than pvp apes).
Daft interface, mysterious SPECIAL and perks system, no wiki at all, guessing and testing rather than planning and calculating, exploration instead of following well-known familiar path - it all didn't make players to leave 2238 back in 2009. But then shit hit the fan.
Wipe itself won't change anything if there's still the same old story over and over offered, and all the oldfags know it all top to bottom, so they will get bored after a month and gathering all the pixels with nothing else to do.
So I can wait as long as it's needed to get fancy three dishes meal on a golden plates served by a waiter than eat shitty kebap right here right now served in a piece of old newspaper by Ahmed the former terrorist.

if you use search you can easily find almost identical threads to this because complaining about a broken game for 2,5 years without results will only result more complaining and always ends up by some troll post by kilgore: cry more pvp apes minority fonline:locker etc etc (see johny's post) so dont think it will end up in something else. better move on to other games
PvP apes are minority and that's plain truth, not trolling. But for some reason this type of players cry the most over unbelievable crap.

Dont waste your time responding some people, all they do is blaming, insulting and showing personal traumas on forum.
Man, it seems like you are having some serious ego problems.

сайга

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 10:47:27 pm »
more like a mental problem as having a constant urge to shitpost

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 12:47:31 pm »

So I can wait as long as it's needed to get fancy three dishes meal on a golden plates served by a waiter than eat shitty kebap right here right now served in a piece of old newspaper by Ahmed the former terrorist.

That's the point.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 02:12:25 pm »
I love mechanics on AoP, no one hex and more RL physic....but I must admit what Docan has said....they were not fully prepared for wipe, and at first it was disaster that they were trying to repair by cutting off some content...it wasn't good. I hope Reloaded crew will not make same mistakes.
GUN FOR HIRE

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 07:32:28 pm »
The same reasons why you love it is why I don't like it

You think perfect timing of a hex is not skill while a random luck roll crit is skill, I will never understand
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:34:33 pm by Hungry Hungry Shark »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 08:30:32 pm »
Not random, but more teamplay using covers, covering fire, smoke screens etc. But of course you can call it "random luck roll" :D

Maybe I go to far by calling one-hex a no skill, but it's not my type of gameplay and it really makes difference for those who gets lags.
GUN FOR HIRE

BastianS14

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 10:35:42 pm »
Not random, but more teamplay using covers, covering fire, smoke screens etc. But of course you can call it "random luck roll" :D

Maybe I go to far by calling one-hex a no skill, but it's not my type of gameplay and it really makes difference for those who gets lags.

I agree a lot with him in that... Im from South America, Argentina and i know some people from Colombia, Venezuela and Brasil who plays with a 300 constat ping... some players from Mexico sometimes get 700-900 ping...

I dont blame the server, cause its hosted too far and its free to play. But sometimes lag makes a lof of difference... its shit when you see the things happening 1 or 2 seconds later...

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2016, 03:01:46 am »
well aop wipe is worst i have ever seen on any fonline i have played , im sad that i made some content for the server.

i never seen so many stuff broken which was working before just because they wanted to rush it, not to mention that some *new changes* were rushed just in last week to call it a day.

i could go more into detail but im too dissapointed.

economy is broken, balance is broken, ... i think they broke everything which is possible to break.

not to mention that they did cut some content out like for example assignments without giving any alternative to it, in my opinion they went a good step backward instead forward.

there arent any new dungeons, no new zc mods, nothing what they promised is in yet, and all other *new stuff* ive seen is just a new "half finnished" crafting system and some badly rushed tec system, the rest is literary the same as before just with many broken stuff inbetween aka whole last meta is screwed by attempting to add in new guns and some mad retouching of armors and economy by some guy who doesnt understand the game probably happened.

they focused on parts in which they didnt had a lack e.g. weapon diversity,  if they would have focused on new zc mods some new pve areas aka dungeons and this new crafting sytem in replacement of old with same mechanics of unlocking recipes it would have been awesome but i think the devs that are working currently on it arent interested in that type of deving.

i still wish that its a bad joke but i think it is what it is. too bad it was my favorite fonline till now.

i played this server from 2014 till now so i know what im speaking of. well nothing last forever i think.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:10:43 am by FrankenStone »

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2016, 05:02:32 am »
well aop wipe is worst i have ever seen on any fonline i have played , im sad that i made some content for the server.

i never seen so many stuff broken which was working before just because they wanted to rush it, not to mention that some *new changes* were rushed just in last week to call it a day.
but look on FOnline history, every server had really bad 2nd wipe:
2238: it had 51 days.
fo2: bitch please.
Reloaded: so many exploits in early.