April 29, 2024, 04:42:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: People moving to AOP  (Read 16717 times)

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: People moving to AOP
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 11:14:03 am »

This post made me really angry. You've worked on several FOnline projects, and yet you're acting as if you don't understand how difficult it is to create, maintain and moderate a proper RPG server. Well, to be honest, maybe you don't, since content creation never was your forte. Creating the content for an RPG server is extremely difficult, especially when compared with creating content for a PvP-centric server. The difference is like preparing a proper, narrative-based World of Darkness session vs preparing a simple dungeon crawl for D&D. I know, because I spent countless hours writing dialogues for Wasteland 2155. And when that metric fuckton of work translates to 3 finished locations with literally nobody else to back you up, and your real-life work you actually get paid for also involves writing for video games... well, it's pretty fucking easy to give up. The scrypting involved is also considerably harder - and since noone has ever done it before, it's pretty much uncharted territory. The planning, gamedesign... don't even get me started on that. Let's just say that there's a reason commercial RPG games aren't released as often as tactical shooters and they're usually buggy as hell.

You do tend to post complaints of this sort fairly often, but to me you sound like a typical entitled asshole. In the end, when the community had a real shot at creating a proper RPG server all you could contribute was a few maps and a lot of unnecessary drama. You had your chance and you blew it. Stop blaming the devs that actually tried or the community in general for not realizing the potential of this engine to its full extent.

Oh, and one more thing - making this a faction mod was a brilliant idea. Can't create content? Tough shit, better create a system that rewards players for creating their own world. Yes, it's not exactly 100% Fallout, but the rich history of this game, all the factions, the politics, the feuds, even the drama - all that simply proves that it was the right call. This community is actually somewhat magical since it proved to be perfectly capable of making rather empty gameworlds interesting for a very long time and will probably keep doing its thing for years to come.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:32:27 am by Nice_Boat »
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 11:29:19 am »
I tried to downlaod AoP, and it told me "9 hours remainning" FUCK AOP!

Try downloading from some mirror site :)

Is there for real nobody interested in playing a role in roleplaying based game? Is this for sure the Hub, one of the main cities across Wasteland, populated with mentally challenged creatures, able to say "i fcuk your momma" and not much more? What quests one can make apart from Metzger's suitcase and what impact does it have on whatever?

Real roleplaying FOnline server would be a nazi state, heavily moderated and possibly quite boring after a while. You can't expect all other people to play the game in the way you would like them to. Every player has his own vision of the perfect FOnline server.

As I wrote many times, more different FOnline servers with nice features - the better. Too bad that nobody from AoP team told me to post their announcement like the last time.

Btw it is somehow funny when players from every FOnline server complain about low number of players, and then when wipe or something happens and a flow of fresh souls comes to the game, they troll the shit out of them until they ragequit, and eventually oldfags keep complaining about low population again.

Whatever is said by "fonline reloaded dev server owners" or other bored people, we keep the server running and work, even if slowly, on updates that will appear sooner or later.
If you are bored or not satisfied with the current state of the game, try doing something else instead of putting shit into your own nest. Thanks

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 11:46:31 am »
By the way, it's easy to get your own True Fallout RPG Online Experience (tm) right now. Obviously, this involves some work - but hey, what's some work to a dedicated Fallout fan!

Here's how:
1. Set up your own Reloaded clone.
2. Close the registration.
3. Find some adventurers you want to FOnlineRP with.
4. Find some dudes that are going to act as NPCs.
5. Find a GM that's going to create new Epic Adventures for you on a weekly basis (just some basic scripting, since the key NPCs would be replaced by actors anyway).
6. ???????
7. PROFIT

Oh, about that GM? Good luck finding one.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 02:12:57 pm »
This post made me really angry. You've worked on several FOnline projects, and yet you're acting as if you don't understand how difficult it is to create, maintain and moderate a proper RPG server. Well, to be honest, maybe you don't, since content creation never was your forte. Creating the content for an RPG server is extremely difficult, especially when compared with creating content for a PvP-centric server. The difference is like preparing a proper, narrative-based World of Darkness session vs preparing a simple dungeon crawl for D&D.
I don't mean to start some dick-swinging contest here, but I've also made a few dialogues as well, like profession teachers on FO2 or part of Kenny's, the first NPC you meet after creating the character. Gave me a rough idea how many tears, blood and beer it takes to create some content, even a minor one.
But yeah, I agree, PvP content is way easier to do - a map, a banana box, some guns and bullets, maybe some automated script (Hinkley) and boom, there you go.

I know, because I spent countless hours writing dialogues for Wasteland 2155. And when that metric fuckton of work translates to 3 finished locations with literally nobody else to back you up, and your real-life work you actually get paid for also involves writing for video games... well, it's pretty fucking easy to give up. The scrypting involved is also considerably harder - and since noone has ever done it before, it's pretty much uncharted territory. The planning, gamedesign... don't even get me started on that. Let's just say that there's a reason commercial RPG games aren't released as often as tactical shooters and they're usually buggy as hell.
I feel the pain brother, I've tried that. Then real life came up and chewed my ass, so I didn't achieve anything really apart from some textwalls, map or two and some pictures, all in all the result is pathetic. But it's also a valid experience to share with all other "woohoo I've got some idea for brand new FOnline server, let's get it done" dev-wannabes.

You do tend to post complaints of this sort fairly often, but to me you sound like a typical entitled asshole. In the end, when the community had a real shot at creating a proper RPG server all you could contribute was a few maps and a lot of unnecessary drama. You had your chance and you blew it. Stop blaming the devs that actually tried or the community in general for not realizing the potential of this engine to its full extent.
I'm not blaming anyone, I'm trying to explain why yet another bunch of great ideas to attract hardcore Fallout fans won't work. They are looking for something totally different from what this or that FOnline is for real.

Oh, and one more thing - making this a faction mod was a brilliant idea. Can't create content? Tough shit, better create a system that rewards players for creating their own world. Yes, it's not exactly 100% Fallout, but the rich history of this game, all the factions, the politics, the feuds, even the drama - all that simply proves that it was the right call. This community is actually somewhat magical since it proved to be perfectly capable of making rather empty gameworlds interesting for a very long time and will probably keep doing its thing for years to come.
Yeah, but it scared off the die hard Fallout fans mentioned above. Countless people observed, their posts and conversations led me to this conclusion. Which community - ape-faction-based or Mad-Max-Wannabes-based - would work better in terms of players count, magic or amount of drama? No idea, we're not gonna know this anyway.

Btw it is somehow funny when players from every FOnline server complain about low number of players, and then when wipe or something happens and a flow of fresh souls comes to the game, they troll the shit out of them until they ragequit, and eventually oldfags keep complaining about low population again.
Wise man had spoken.

5. Find a GM that's going to create new Epic Adventures for you on a weekly basis (just some basic scripting, since the key NPCs would be replaced by actors anyway).
Also he/she has to be truly authistic creature, locked up in some basement with no real life in place and not being a chan-tard at the same time. Yep, sounds easy to find one.

BastianS14

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 02:19:10 pm »
Guys, the post intention was to help re populating the server, not to start pointing fingers and saying who is guilty for X factors.

This looks more a thunderdome post...

I dont wanna get in middle of crappy fight between Old users-rage users / devs-admins.

I think that it doesnt help no one...

LETS JUST THINK A WAY TO ATTRACT PLAYERS (WITH ANYTHING THATS NOT A WIPE) AND MAKE THEM STAY.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 02:31:39 pm »
Milk, cookies and a blowjob could help. I can bake awesome cookies.

BastianS14

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »
Milk, cookies and a blowjob could help. I can bake awesome cookies.

I dont care about cookies, how good you are at blowjob?

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 02:39:52 pm »
Supporting, working for, playing on the server where GMs don't care about it anymore it's a strong shullbit.

That is an anwser /thread

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »
I dont care about cookies, how good you are at blowjob?
Let's share the load a bit, right? I'm taking the cookies part, so choose between milk and blowie.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 04:08:23 pm »
More developers and programmers interested in fonline then better for variety.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 06:09:54 pm »

LETS JUST THINK A WAY TO ATTRACT PLAYERS (WITH ANYTHING THATS NOT A WIPE) AND MAKE THEM STAY.

You can't MAKE players stay, it's not prison. This is a truly free market, with competition and a low barrier to entry. Players have server choice, or instead of jumping to another server they also have the option of not playing at all, and just going outside.

If you want to come up with ideas that not only gain player interest but hold it, well the idea is the easy part isn't it? After all the discussion and brainstorming, you're still in the position of asking others to put in their own time (the most precious thing on Earth) to make it happen.

If you don't think someone is doing it well enough, you can always pick up a wrench and fix the damn thing yourself.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 12:44:31 am »
I'm glad people are playing on AoP. Helps keep the community alive. Wipe is "soon" but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be trying other servers.

BastianS14

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 01:36:49 am »

You can't MAKE players stay, it's not prison. This is a truly free market, with competition and a low barrier to entry. Players have server choice, or instead of jumping to another server they also have the option of not playing at all, and just going outside.

If you want to come up with ideas that not only gain player interest but hold it, well the idea is the easy part isn't it? After all the discussion and brainstorming, you're still in the position of asking others to put in their own time (the most precious thing on Earth) to make it happen.

If you don't think someone is doing it well enough, you can always pick up a wrench and fix the damn thing yourself.

People like you really slow down the rest... seriously...

Please, if you dont have enough comprehension to understand, try to not look dum at least.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 06:37:13 am »
He supported this server with donation(s), so I wouldn't call it "slowing down the rest".
And he has a good point - it's all about doing something yourself to attract and keep players around. Moaning, bitching and waiting for someone else to do it won't help here.

BastianS14

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 08:02:11 pm »
He supported this server with donation(s), so I wouldn't call it "slowing down the rest".
And he has a good point - it's all about doing something yourself to attract and keep players around. Moaning, bitching and waiting for someone else to do it won't help here.

If you read well i didnt complain. I asked for ideas and suggestions to attract new players.

Paying money doesnt give him the right to behave like a rage retard.

Also you wichura, you are so full of anger with all those insults... You forgot what the post was about.

Now i see why this server has less than hundred people online... Because of retarded people like the ones we see here, throwing insults and instead of making team solving a problem they all go like "do it yourself bitch fuck cunt die assshole punk pee shit tits ass dick".

I dont know whats ur mental age, cause you probably have and adult body, but i really doubt that mind has grown...

I could unload a ton of insults to you, but just knowing you are that stupid, makes me think that you will have enough troubles to worry about than my insults...

Good luck man, you gonna need it because you lack wise...