April 28, 2024, 08:08:53 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: People moving to AOP  (Read 16711 times)

BastianS14

People moving to AOP
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:29 pm »
Ashes of Phoenix server wipe its attracting some reloaded players...

I love reloaded and i wont switch to another server, cause when playing fonline, its the one with the most features i like.

On the otherside, no one likes to play alone... specially a game like this, so i wonder why theres an abandoned facebook and no other social media publicity.

If anyone has some ideas to help reloaded re-populate would be good to read them.

Its a shame to see a server that could be with 150/200 ppl online with only 80 as an average...

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: People moving to AOP
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:05:37 pm »
Make it harder to find people, make it easier to reset, and make the rewards higher than the losses for newbies.

Even if its with lots of trash you'll keep more people that way.
In Maintenance Mode.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 04:35:02 pm »
With Facebooks, YouTubes, Twitters and other crap attracting people is the easiest task, just spread the news and watch the player counter raising. Hard part is making them to stay longer than 3 days.

Einherjar

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 05:08:30 pm »
People dying is not an issue at all. It's just like any other game, you either like it enough to stick with it or you don't. I've tried to advertise all over the place but games like this are dated and today's youth just want their CoD. I'll still try in hopes of seeing my favorite game flourish but I do so with cautious optimism.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 06:42:23 pm »
Hard part is making them to stay longer than 3 days.

This +9000.

Everybody go on aop and it is fine. When wipe comes to reloaded, people will back here.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 07:02:59 pm »
Fallout 1 and 2 had/has a die hard fanbase. So the majority of FOnline players ARE those fans. It's not like any other game that appeals to EVERYONE. Pretty much anyone who plays FOnline now, are those who have at least known about it for the last few years.

What I'm saying is it's not likely for an old fanbase to get new fans. Everyone's interest is elsewhere. I feel that the majority of the people currently playing FOnline servers are ones who will continue to move around server to server. Most other passersby will look, play for a day, leave. I would be shocked beyond belief to see ANY FOnline server hold a player base of 200+

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 09:43:49 pm »
Fallout 1 and 2 had/has a die hard fanbase. So the majority of FOnline players ARE those fans.
And so they find a FOnline game, the dream-came-true Fallout with other people, yay! Look, there's a community gathered around, few servers to choose, Wikipedia, some advices, forum, screens, forum PvP thread ... oh wait, what? Is that really it? Was this all about in F1/F2 games - get your troops together and smash those n00bs, then type "/e pisses on face xd"? Was really Den, Modoc, Klamath or other place an arena for some heavy armed yahoos, performing some kill frenzy with a miserable excuse of "controlling the town"? Right, Master's Army in F1 and Enclave in F2 - I don't recall however any of the "Gang Bang Soldiers of Anal Cumdrinking" though, not a single clue in any Fallout Bible I know. Is there for real nobody interested in playing a role in roleplaying based game? Is this for sure the Hub, one of the main cities across Wasteland, populated with mentally challenged creatures, able to say "i fcuk your momma" and not much more? What quests one can make apart from Metzger's suitcase and what impact does it have on whatever?

I cannot blame these die hard fans when they gave it a try, saw all this and never came back. And this all looks alike since first closed beta of 2238/TLA, only gods know how many people don't even want to hear anymore about FOnline: Something, the brand new shiny server with new possibilities since they've tried and experienced above. Idea of making FOnline a "faction mod" ages ago was a horrible cancer that cannot be cured that easy.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:47:33 pm by Wichura »

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 09:51:19 pm »
Well this "cancer" is the candy for hardcore players like myself. We are the exception. Hardcore die hard fans that crave salty tears which NPCs cannot offer. There is a reason why this player base never(hardly ever) changes. FOnline is the only place you can find such a diverse mix of gameplay. It's a PvP game with elements of Fallout. 11/10, I will play FOnline until the Internet goes down.

Einherjar

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 09:52:59 pm »
Well this "cancer" is the candy for hardcore players like myself. We are the exception. Hardcore die hard fans that crave salty tears which NPCs cannot offer. There is a reason why this player base never(hardly ever) changes. FOnline is the only place you can find such a diverse mix of gameplay. It's a PvP game with elements of Fallout. 11/10, I will play FOnline until the Internet goes down.

I guess you're stuck with me then, broski ;) <3

BastianS14

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 11:02:15 pm »
Please stop writting the things we ALL already know and try to throw some ideas or useful suggestions.

Thanks.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 11:34:33 pm »
Please stop writting the things we ALL already know and try to throw some ideas or useful suggestions.

Thanks.

I think you are in the wrong thread  :o

This is about people on AoP

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 03:37:48 am »

It may seem antipodal to my behavior the past 6 years, but Wichura is right on the money.

He (FO2), Rotators (2238), and the Reloaded team have a very, very different FOnline perspective and experience than most of us, as their vantage point is different. I would LOVE to hear their experiences and opinions on all of this, though I understand that it may not be worth the effort.

Furthermore, you new players or otherwise who don't have forum accounts but lurk, or simply don't post much are doing yourselves a disservice by being inactive in these types of discussions.

While the age of the graphics and game surely have some bearing on the playerbase, as well as multitude of server choice dispersing the community, I'm also certain that the fact that it's a PvP centric game and the toxic attitude of some of us have much to do with it as well.

Some of the people who stopped by to party decided the place was full of cunts, and went to the place down the street with drunk chicks and pizza. I know I'm guilty of being a cunt, what about some of y'all?

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 04:13:02 am »
Well today player base moves to AoP in few months it will move to another freshly wiped server, then it will go to another and so on. Fonline community is like family, we all have our aunts, uncles, cousins etc. etc. that we don't every day because we live in different places. Following this thought. Each server Wipe is like Christmas dinner, or wedding. We meet each other share experiences, celebrate etc. etc. and everyone goes back to their home. So Today it is AoP next time all those players will visit Reloaded after wipe, some will stay longer, some will briefly check it and move on, this is circle of Fonline, and main reason for wipes, fresh start and madness of race to top.
I would not be worried about Reloaded, coz of AoP, same as I would not be worried about AoP after Reloaded will wipe.

P.S.

Try it out you will see why i would not be worried about it :D

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 04:40:17 am »
I tried to downlaod AoP, and it told me "9 hours remainning" FUCK AOP! I will support reloaded until the end of it's days.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 06:28:07 am »
Supporting, working for, playing on the server where GMs don't care about it anymore it's a strong shullbit.