March 29, 2024, 09:45:27 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Decided to play Fonline Australia. 2016  (Read 3804 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Decided to play Fonline Australia. 2016
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:07:45 am »
Yes the server is still working, but for the most part I was the only one on.

The crafting system uses different materials gathered in different location, but its familiar enough. There's a higher emphasis on repair, and science skill. With higher rewards as well. Essentially no "balance" as players can straight up craft pulse, Gauss, Bozar, APA MKII. and Vertibirds.

The Wasteland is also easier PVE wise. most creatures instead of Reloaded's 200-300HP have 20-60.

There is a different base design where instead of upgrading a tent, a similiar analogue to the Ranger Shack is crafted from wood and metal. This house is then used as a crafting material for bases. the base kits are then upgraded by combining house kits into them via the Fix boy. Essentially allowing players to create their own towns.

Instead of maps, the location of bases are only revealed to the people there at creation. I personally prefer reloaded's way of handling things. Though find upgrading tents to be a gesture that can only hurt new players, and is merely a formality for veterans on reloaded.

FO:Aussie has real time, and turn based combat. Turn based feels slower in Aussie, and real time kicks in at public location, or cave systems.

When entering a cave in RT, all the critters are immediatly notified and bum rush you. With the ability to craft power armor this should not be a problem for anyone who spent any time leveling/getting equipment.

Aside from killing enclave/Police there's not really much else to do on the server as it is currently since most players don't really play.

Some locations are just random shacks on a map, while some copy resources from the base game. I believe some of which are bugged as one of my disposable characters is current stuck in a vault with no exit. The game doesn't seem to have been updated in years. It was an interesting experience nontheless, and I'll probably still play it until I've done a bit of everything.

The only weapon skill I recommend anyone tag for combat is energy weapons, books handle small guns and big guns up to 170+

Searching for players requires both parties to meet on the same square rather than withing 2-3 squares. So it's harder to find other people when they're out farming. Players are also unmarked, so making a name such as "a traveler" with toss people off of your trail,  Personally I like that the range is smaller, as that means more people will be out farming as it'll be easier to make profits on patrols without interference though the real exp maker are publlc locations full of canon fodder zombies to grind.

Player made bases have materials inside of them, generally they provide less benefit than ones found in public locations, but player bases can be set anywhere meaning it's incredibly easy to set up shot anywhere on the map rather than in key locations.

The wasteland in Aussie is essentally like around the NCR, except the bottom left corner has enclave. Overworld travel is also much faster in Aussie. For such a small map reletively speaking I think that's a bad thing. Unless you're hunting.
In Maintenance Mode.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
Re: Decided to play Fonline Australia. 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:01 am »
Can you post several screens to your review?
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

BastianS14

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:48:57 pm »
Seems interesting, i will recon that server to see what can be suggested to implement in reloaded  ;D

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:10:05 pm »
I could post screenshots, but its doubtful I will today. For the most part Aussie lacks many features of reloaded. Mining has cooldown, so does everything else. The cooldowns aren't really low at a minute or more for non resource gathering. Even reading has cooldown. I don't remember seeing any factions or faction related stuff while I was on.

One of the few things I liked would be craftable vehicles, like if a roach could be created. In Aussie you can make a steam powered wagon as the lowest tier vehicle, its just a rusted car with a working engine like you find in the wasteland.

Being able to have base creation kits instead of relying on base foremen would be an improvement IMO. Having the option to have bases be independent of factions would also be a boon to players. All too often something happens while moving the dude. Not saying it ought to be removed, but having seperate additions to what players can craft for bases would be interesting.

Also having a zone specifically for grinding exp rather than resource/T4 gathering would attract plenty of players IMO. Like a bunch of shambling ghouls at a location, that respawn endlessly.

I also liked that searching for players is more difficult. The longer a player has in the wasteland to stay hidden the longer he'll go out, and he'll go out more frequently as well. Then he'll develop his stats for longer as well. This only has long term benefits on any game.

Being able to place, or create private resources wherever you want isn't something I think is good or bad if those aren't valuable resources. Like if its fruit, corn, or string. On Aussie cotton replaces string, and isn't used that often. There are new vegetables like cabbage, corn, and desert herbs. Nice little additions to the game. These can be mixed together to create weak meds basically home remedies that can heal some hp, and radiation, though they are rather OP for how easy it is to gather.
In Maintenance Mode.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:42:57 pm »
Cool, nice read. Interesting.

BastianS14

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:22:31 am »
Can you post some instructions to play it with reloaded client?

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:30 am »
I used the Aussie client. So I can't really tell you how to manually change it.
In Maintenance Mode.

BastianS14

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 01:46:08 am »
Okey, download links? cause the one i saw seems to be very old...
Its still active? I wanna give it a try, pm me and we can play a little maybe

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 02:29:54 am »
It is old
http://www.moddb.com/games/fallout-online-australia/downloads

I'm on Fonline: 2
atm. Probably will remain so for a while.

Though I'll drop by reloaded sometime.
In Maintenance Mode.

BastianS14

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 09:24:27 am »
Well, could be great if you take a screenshot from your FOAussieConfig.exe, in the NET tab, so i can check IP and port!

If you can do it i may be able to try it, cause those download links doesnt seem to work for me...

Leftover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:33 am »

even if aussie can work on reloaded client you will miss all unique content because is attached to aussie client. so better try download it from moddb (probably registration is needed).

it is nice server, sadly without active development and new features / bug fixes. I was there ~month, but met only 2 or 3 guys. real wasteland. ;)

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 03:39:13 pm »
I played FO:A back when whats his name Feltzer first released it. It was impossible to play back then, and from the sound of it, it's still shit. RIP in piss to that server.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:11:48 pm by Gimper 👑 »

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:22:04 pm »
Yeah there weren't any real improvements, or decent structure to it all.

It still has its merits despite such. Though it might be nice playing in an empty server from time to time.
In Maintenance Mode.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 02:03:22 am »
I'm downloading this. Going to see if there's any code I can recycle or something :)

BastianS14

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 10:53:32 pm »
PM me, i have it too, we can do some shit toghether!