April 27, 2024, 06:54:22 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Open Battleground Location?  (Read 4243 times)

Hungry Hungry Shark

Re: Open Battleground Location?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 07:49:49 pm »
Pvp locations work only when you are sure you'll find pvp there, otherwise players don't waste time going there even too lazy to scout. Pvp locations need something that says "this is the place to be and where you'll find enemies" such as timer, loot box, or events like on fo2.

An attractive idea would be a map that changes, reshapes layout every so often like the barrels map in hinkly

Einherjar

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »
Pvp locations work only when you are sure you'll find pvp there, otherwise players don't waste time going there even too lazy to scout. Pvp locations need something that says "this is the place to be and where you'll find enemies" such as timer, loot box, or events like on fo2.

An attractive idea would be a map that changes, reshapes layout every so often like the barrels map in hinkly

Now this here is an excellent suggestion.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 09:30:36 pm »
i suggest "Bear line" map from Desert Europe
pic

Yes this map is great however it should be redesigned somewhere because of custom scenery which Reloaded does not use. If you ask me there is many interesting elements in Desert Europe which would be used. I like concept of turn based location for PvP, control flags (domination wars) and fancy looking arts. And about that map, it does not has to be public location or something like that, it could be used for events and tournaments.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 11:38:32 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Problem with TB combat maps is the combat timer, it takes 5-10 minutes sometimes just to get your turn. But uh, all combat quests/jobs/etc have the option to be done in RT or TB. That's not hard to implement at all. A lot of the stuff you guys talked about I thought of already months ago btw :P

How would you guys feel if we just added more magic lockers in new locations? Maybe 3-6 new Magic Locker mini-towns? I wonder if that would break the balance?

You know, I'd love to see some public PvP locations that are level specific. Thoughts? X combat area is only accessible for people under level 12. Some for characters 12-24. Some for characters other 30+. That would give players more ways to fight their equals.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 12:14:50 am »
3-6 minitown lockers is not a good idea because it spreads out where pvp might be, you need scouts over all of those locations to see if enemies there or without a scout you'll enter empty locations and soon get bored and then stop looking for pvp.

Level specific pvp locations are pointless because pvp only starts after lvl 24

NexusWulf

• Try something new, it might be your new META.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 09:41:16 am »
A interesting concept would be a NPC that could spawn you to certain areas and that you could pay prize money in a pot and when you are in the map and enough player are found "1v1" you are going to be placed in the Arena of your choice a other player has chosen aswell, from there on you are in a *spawn cabin* so you cannot be spawnkilled instantly having a few random cabins around so you have diverse Spawnpoints every time, and after the fight you can take the equip of your killed opponents and leave the area + the price money that has been bet.

This could be a approach for a more organized and PVP-friendly playstyle if you want to duel with etiqutte.

Also there could be a Boss NPC in the middle of the map to add danger along with the Players.

Also there could be brocflower and xanderroot spawns so you can have a small first aid around the map to draw out battles.

The winner will be able to pick a type of ammo and a type of medication as reward and like caps (like 1000 caps also not that much ammo like 200 shots and 2 meds like stimpaks, buffout or jet)

could make it interesting to maintain fighting longer if you have honourable people who actually give you your equipment back, otherwise you have a risk to lose and gain stuff.
Welp im here now, too late to run away.

Make content, not complaints. -zekromo👑