April 30, 2024, 07:29:14 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bruiser vs silent death?  (Read 3228 times)

Jackoo84

• View Profile
Bruiser vs silent death?
« on: September 27, 2013, 08:26:55 pm »
Hi, another question about melee build. If i take bruiser ( skill that gives more hth dmg but lowers critical chance), when i choose silent death perk, will it cancel bruisers lowered crit chance?

Jackoo84

• View Profile
Re: Bruiser vs silent death?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:52:06 pm »
Sorry, not bruiser but heavy handed:)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »
I don't think you can do a silent death with hth weapons - you are seen at 3 hex and melee weapons have 1-2 range.
Anyway bruiser gives x2 dmg, +4 Str and -2 ap. Heavy Handed is theone that has a  -30 on critical hit rolls and silent death only gives +10. With helmets, - crit armors, boneheaded and men of steel the +10 is worth zip, nix, nada, ni-papaja, zero.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Bego

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:34 pm »
I believe it doesn't matter whether you're seen or not, only thing that matters is that you are in sneak mode while attacking your opponent from behind.
...pissing people off since 2238...

Jackoo84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 05:59:07 pm »
hmm Wiki says I will ALWAYS cause a critical while sneaking??? Did I misread something or is it a wiki mistake? (While sneaking, if you attack a critter from behind, you will always cause a critical hit with a +10 bonus on the roll. Silent Death is that kind of perk.) Can someone explain?

Grizzan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »
hmm Wiki says I will ALWAYS cause a critical while sneaking??? Did I misread something or is it a wiki mistake? (While sneaking, if you attack a critter from behind, you will always cause a critical hit with a +10 bonus on the roll. Silent Death is that kind of perk.) Can someone explain?

You always crit. ALWAYS. Nothing affects SD critical chance. Not even 1 LK.

Whatever build you'd do, with SD you ALWAYS crit from behind.

EDIT: you gonna strike from behind, otherwise its based on your build if you crit or not. but with melee it sucks, since its not ranged combat and sneakers tactic is to attack being unseen. shit/10 not worth

Jackoo84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 08:51:10 pm »
cool, thanks!