April 20, 2024, 11:48:33 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Private Caravans  (Read 3915 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Private Caravans
« on: April 10, 2016, 01:46:52 am »
Got Slaves? Companions? At your Limit?

Then buy a patented CRIMSON CARAVAN!!!

That's Right! For just 5,000 (Admins will decide) caps you can live life on the edge! Ain't got the limit? Using alts to hold your slaves?

At each faction base there would be a new option to create a caravan. Based on ownership settings officers will be able to include NPC's belonging to lower level (or personal) members. These NPC's can be relocated with the caravan.

What is it? You don't want to or don't have NPC's? Well you can still purchase these caravans!
EXP, Items, Gear will all be the same as if you rode with the normal Caravans. However the purchaser can decide where the caravan goes just like a vehicle!

Caravan Guards will act as normal, and fight with the players.

The thought behind this idea is to increase the amount of caravans on the map, and hopefully allow factions to create their own missions together. Waiting for caravans stink, and people want EXP. Private Caravans will grant EXP in proportion to danger, and distance traveled.
In Maintenance Mode.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Private Caravans
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 01:57:01 am »
Interesting, but we've already done something with the caravans. I like your idea though. Could work, maybe. Would take time to code however. But +1 for the idea of forming your own custom caravans and sending them out.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 02:32:59 am »
The only exploit I can imagine would be with Vertibirds.

If Caravans aren't allowed to be purchased on zones that players can't normally access then you wouldn't be able to farm caravans with basically 100% freedom or if exp isn't counted by distance, instead by number and difficulty of encounters.

At somepoint it'd be nice if Caravans could sell good items(decent enough to buy until crafting your own), but not be something that makes ludicrous profits from or something that can be stolen when stopped in town or something.
In Maintenance Mode.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 07:43:34 am »
If it would allows you to do caravans in TB, I'm on it. Greetings help bot, nice to see you again.
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 08:11:41 am »
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9713.0

I'd prefer if factions didn't need to go to a public place to buy the carts. This would prevent people from advertising that caravans are being done. And prevent trolls from sneaking onboard with stealth tags.

Heya Matt. I see that I haven't been wiped while away haha.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 11:33:44 am »
If you buy a cart, you can easily drag it to your tent/base and use it safely without being afraid of sneaks and trolls.
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 05:21:50 pm »
If you buy a cart, you can easily drag it to your tent/base and use it safely without being afraid of sneaks and trolls.
Carts trigger special encounters and have armed guards now?
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 04:34:37 am »
Nope, but it could be that way.
GUN FOR HIRE

ArcherTowerZX

• Lets do this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 04:37:13 pm »
Good m8, I agree, but the thing is it would be cool to make like Crimson Caravans put stuff on your cart (You cant pick it) and go with NPCs or Friends to get 2.5k caps Hub Junktown Hub NCR 4k because they would not be paying npc guards. Also to let you stop on an enco all the time u want.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:29:07 pm »

I'd prefer if factions didn't need to go to a public place to buy the carts. This would prevent people from advertising that caravans are being done. And prevent trolls from sneaking onboard with stealth tags.

But the danger and subterfuge are part of the game!
Why make it safer?

ArcherTowerZX

• Lets do this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 02:04:01 pm »

A con, encos are 30% more freq
But the danger and subterfuge are part of the game!
Why make it safer?