April 29, 2024, 10:53:10 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Add Loot to Alien Bones  (Read 3719 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Add Loot to Alien Bones
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:40:17 pm »
We search these caves for hours and we find interesting stuff including searchable "alien bones", but they never have any loot. Should be a blaster or something cool in there. Maybe hypo, access card, special robe or ammo, or a map to a crashed UFO, or maybe the alien managed to nab a Star Trek Phaser before he died. Something!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:42:01 pm by Henry »

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
Re: Add Loot to Alien Bones
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 05:12:07 am »
ayy lmao

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:21:35 am »
+1
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 02:05:37 pm »
For sure. I always get excited when I see them, then I remember they don't have anything...   :'(

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 04:51:36 pm »
"It seems to be some strange Alien technology, with no apparent use."

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:55:55 am »
It'd be cooler if the only place to get Alien blasters would be from these corpses. Might upset some people's sense of balance, but it just makes more sense. Kinda want more items like backpacks, bags, and briefcases to store items inside.
In Maintenance Mode.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 08:19:40 pm »
Looks like the alien bodies are there as randomized "loot". Mini easter eggs it seems. Don't know if they can be coded to include randomized loot in them so easily. They're containers, but can we spawn random containers at random locations inside a random cave maps to include random items inside them? Guess we'll have to see, or replace the alien bodies with something more useful. Maybe even allow the player to pick up the alien bodies and use as loot? Or turn in to an npc for loot?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:32:37 pm by Corosive »

TKs-VirusMS

• Scrubs. Scrubs never change
    • View Profile
    • The Khans Website
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 09:34:34 pm »
Corosive, I claim the rule of programmer is "when you think about something, it means it can be coded.".

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:43 pm »
Corosive, I claim the rule of programmer is "when you think about something, it means it can be coded.".

Yeah... lol.. more work... I think we can EASILY add random items to them now that we talked about it. But would you rather find random items on them? Or be able to pick them up and use as storage containers/ trade them in to high-tech scientist type npcs?

Dende

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 11:14:01 pm »

Yeah... lol.. more work... I think we can EASILY add random items to them now that we talked about it. But would you rather find random items on them? Or be able to pick them up and use as storage containers/ trade them in to high-tech scientist type npcs?
Storage or npc

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 11:20:51 pm »
If Alien bodies can be carried off maybe traded to a scientist for something useful?
In Maintenance Mode.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 06:02:34 pm »
Looks like the alien bodies are there as randomized "loot". Mini easter eggs it seems. Don't know if they can be coded to include randomized loot in them so easily. They're containers, but can we spawn random containers at random locations inside a random cave maps to include random items inside them? Guess we'll have to see, or replace the alien bodies with something more useful. Maybe even allow the player to pick up the alien bodies and use as loot? Or turn in to an npc for loot?

That's what footlockers are, methinks.

Encounters/Containers/SpawnItem doesn't care if it's a locker or an alien.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 11:29:41 pm »
I'd rather pick the bodies up and use as containers, honestly. But it's up to DocAN and Kilgore. If we can get enough people supporting the idea of picking them up then we'll implement it. But until then, alien bodies will just have loot on them, but NOT be a pickup.

Einherjar

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 11:31:21 pm »
Personally I think that it would be fun to decorate a base or a tent with alien skeletons but anything is better than their current standing.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 10:30:46 pm »
Personally I think that it would be fun to decorate a base or a tent with alien skeletons but anything is better than their current standing.

Me too.