April 28, 2024, 06:10:27 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Daily Khan (Issue 29)  (Read 17891 times)

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
Re: The Daily Khan (Issue 29)
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2016, 04:06:31 pm »
It was a pretty hard-fought battle, and I wouldn't be so quick to claim total domination. It lasted for... four hours, but ultimately The Khans prevailed. Jolly good show, all.

Spoiler: show
To give a blow-by-blow of how the night went, The Khan remnant squad (TKs-Mantis, Donnie Darko, and another one) decided to give a wasteland greeting to Agent37 (do I have that right?) and dropped right in on the encounter. 3v4, TKs ended the encounter up by 3 kills.

So of course The Coalition couldn't let that go unpunished. We lit a flare trap but failed to get in position before The Khans dropped in on us now numbered 4. The Coalition forces were again defeated.

Fuck it, I figured. I set up one more flare trap. This time 5 Khans showed up. We roflstomped them - I think one got a golden shower. And then the UV showed up.

We had a merry old time shooting Khans and then a merry old time telling UV to STAND DOWN AND FIGHT KHANS. That didn't turn out so well. 3 hours into the flare trap, Garg and Suka spawn in to reinforce The Khan positions. Coalition members, deprived of their gear by friendly fire, decided to stop respawning.

I'd like to note that The Coalition team - 8 newer, weaker players - were able to hold their own against a much more seasoned and PvP optimized team of The Khans. We look forward to a rematch and to taking Garg's own vertibird.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 04:17:56 pm »

I'd like to note that The Coalition team - 8 newer, weaker players - were able to hold their own against a much more seasoned and PvP optimized team of The Khans. We look forward to a rematch and to taking Garg's own vertibird.

Word of advice, if you don't have an "all around the world forces with no lifes", then from my "12 hours in one trap" experience, after you will see landing verti you can easily prepare yourself for at leas 15 hour TB fight, BTW last one took (24+/-2 hours). This is why TB needs to be redone in first place, there should be a cooldown for reentering TB fight otherwise if there is 5 fighters inside they will just keep coming until you get bored.

Peace and Good Luck

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2016, 04:26:18 pm »
Word of advice, if you don't have an "all around the world forces with no lifes", then from my "12 hours in one trap" experience, after you will see landing verti you can easily prepare yourself for at leas 15 hour TB fight, BTW last one took (24+/-2 hours). This is why TB needs to be redone in first place, there should be a cooldown for reentering TB fight otherwise if there is 5 fighters inside they will just keep coming until you get bored.

Peace and Good Luck

Oh, by Buddha. The 24-hour flare trap was a true test of endurance and will. That one still hurts, even 3 months later. *sigh* Story for another time.

Flares really do need a burnout time - maybe 2 hours at the most. If there's a cooldown instead on the players, they'll simply spam alts (from my experience).  RT Flare traps last a lot shorter due to the built-in wave system.

EDIT:
The vehicles were brought in by The Khans. I think Ribbit brought a humvee. XD
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:28:21 pm by lash »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »

Oh, by Buddha. The 24-hour flare trap was a true test of endurance and will. That one still hurts, even 3 months later. *sigh* Story for another time.

Flares really do need a burnout time - maybe 2 hours at the most. If there's a cooldown instead on the players, they'll simply spam alts (from my experience).  RT Flare traps last a lot shorter due to the built-in wave system.

Still to spawn an alt you need to w8 180 seconds which is better, than just a simple grab dynamite and spawn if you are loosing just to keep combat mode on while your allies regearing. Nevertheless Until fully reworked TB is pointless I remember that once I went to buy cigarettes on gas station across the street without loosing a turn.

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 05:23:45 pm »
Who the fuck cares about grammar of man drinking almost everyday?
Who the fuck cares about grammar on forum?
I dont fuckin know but i like reading all this rage and shitt so...
Khans suck shitt out of buffalo ass!
Let the fun begin

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Einherjar

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 05:27:41 pm »
Who the fuck cares about grammar of man drinking almost everyday?
Who the fuck cares about grammar on forum?
I dont fuckin know but i like reading all this rage and shitt so...
Khans suck shitt out of buffalo ass!
Let the fun begin

Praise the sun!!!

Forget your grammar! You have 152 posts of exactly 0 substance.

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 05:34:42 pm »
Yes give me more !
And more !

Praise the sun!!!

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2016, 06:10:27 pm »
There were way more than 8 coalition opponents in this trap, including several veterans.

COALITION FORCES
Lash
FlyingButcher
Agent37
Dende
NicholasIrons
bitch_Plz
Kragg
Michael Kenley
TYRANNASORASS
Madman7
Warmaster Tiber
Qrenco
Tank-MB
Yuno-Gasai
Jenn
Bad Dogg

Blowstian(unconfirmed which side he was on)

UV
Ribbit
RasMakkonen
RHCP

KHANS
Gargantua
Mantis
DonnieDarko
Hubart
Suka
Doctor Mengelito
Rage

And yeah - you know that when the Khans drop the bird into the trap, that they will never stop until they've brought her home.

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2016, 07:01:11 pm »
Quote from: Roster
COALITION FORCES
Lash
The Flying Butcher
Agent37
Madman7
TYRANNASAUROUS
Warmaster Tiber
Qrenco
Tank-MB

Late to the party - Coalition[/u]
NicholasIrons
Michael Kenley
bitch_Plz
Dende

Nobody invited these guys[/u]
Kragg
Jenn
Bad Dogg
Yuno-Gasai

UV
Ribbit
RasMakkonen
RHCP
Blowstian

KHANS
Mantis
DonnieDarko
Hubart
Doctor Mengelito
Rage

Late Arrival
Gargantua
Suka

Turns out nobody was keeping a combat log. Most Khans had 4-5 deaths in the flare trap, Coalition forces had 3 each (thanks to help from UV). It was a pretty hard-fought battle, one that I wish I'd captured on video.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »
20 vs. 7

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 07:59:59 pm »
Ya cause everyone knows everyone allied vs khans. It was clearly not all vs all.

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 08:05:36 pm »
Lash, I don't know what you are talking about with this kill vs death ratio thing.  I personally killed flying butcher about 6 or 7 times, and saw him die another 4 or 5.  A  number of other coalition forces died the same amount.  Many in blue.

The same can be said for all the spawn spammers like Turnbasedking, Agent37, Madman, Michael kinley etc.  Kill vs Death ratio is a non factor in TB traps.  It's who gets out with the loot and whoever takes control of the trap is who wins, despite the amount of deaths. 

Using the Kill vs death ratio also doesn't work in the case of artillery striking alts - which is a legitmate turn based trap breaker, and was used well against the coalition.  are you counting every death of the lvl 1 alt used to spawn and break up your force? not likely.

Some players like Ribbit would argue that having the discipline to repeatedly spawn in gear to maintain control of the trap despite deaths is a worthy "winning" effort more so than someone who hides in cover and is a non factor.  He might also argue that being the force that arrives and "breaks" the trap is also a win.

Khans began with artillery strikes - and UV entered and an opportune moment.  UV began to build momentum whilst the coalition struggled to control the centre against the strikes.  That's when Khans landed in for the final break.  It was a good fight I had fun participating in!

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2016, 08:47:52 pm »
The highlight for me when i died the first time..........i see 'FUCK YOU RAS' hahahahahah, made me laugh good.

Other than that for me TB = Too Boring

It was interesting and cool to check out....but I must ask is RT that hard? I see most of these players in hub or traps....

However boring for me it has sparked some convo and actions so keep it up!! TB or RT........FONLINE RULES  8)

PEACE.

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2016, 09:19:46 pm »
I missed a Turn based trap? W00T.  :o
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »
Ya cause everyone knows everyone allied vs khans. It was clearly not all vs all.

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Here's the position we attacked:

Merrily looking for sneakers:

The end of the antikhan alliance:

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016