April 18, 2024, 03:18:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re: Zek's Workshop  (Read 2337 times)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
Re: Zek's Workshop
« on: April 02, 2016, 08:55:22 am »
I like that lately ppl have patience to make maps you should do maybe something for quest like gr mutie quest
That would be cool having more quests like that

Well currently I am planning on sticking with doing faction bases/dungeons/ML areas. I will be finishing up on the gas station magic locker today hopefully, however still wondering what to create for my next project. Maybe a pve dungeon similar to Ares? I mean something fresh - the overrated ruined vault tile set is getting incredibly boring for my taste. Vault 15 has it, Ares has it, Glow has it; time to make a change I suppose. Anything that the community wants? Post suggestions that I can grab ideas from! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:44:43 pm by zekromo »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Einherjar

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:36:37 am »
Zek, got any maps I can use? Remember to place the tech buttons too! Your last 5 maps you sent me didn't have any blockers under walls and what not. You also don't have to place entrance hex's, we can do those last.

Oh, and try not to place any NPCS. We need to manually add scripts and vars to them, so we like placing them ourselves and do the code one and a time.

Keep it up though! I can see your maps becoming locations.

You couldn't send this in a pm? Count yourself lucky you have somebody this devoted to making content to back your ass up.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:50:36 am »
Zek, got any maps I can use? Remember to place the tech buttons too! Your last 5 maps you sent me didn't have any blockers under walls and what not. You also don't have to place entrance hex's, we can do those last.

Oh, and try not to place any NPCS. We need to manually add scripts and vars to them, so we like placing them ourselves and do the code one and a time.

Keep it up though! I can see your maps becoming locations.

You couldn't send this in a pm? Count yourself lucky you have somebody this devoted to making content to back your ass up.

Nope, it needs to be seen by all. I get a lot of maps in PM's and no one seems to follow these basic rules. And for the record 99% of the maps are made by me or Cubik or DocAN. Only 1% of community maps get used.

And Zek, I'm talking about Critters. Please do not add critters to maps. That goes for everyone. Your last 5 maps did not include any hex blockers at all Zek.

It's very hard to make a quality map, and we allow the community to attempt it. But the majority of the content received isn't good enough to be put in game. So, we tend to make the maps ourselves and provide feedback on the communities maps. Most of the time they rage quit and accuse us of being trolls :P

So, yeah, I don't know what a lot of you are thinking behind your keyboards but we really do not receive a lot of quality content. Jarok, however is an amazing mapper, and his maps were added in game. Urukhai is very talented as well, but his maps are massive and take months to finish.

Zek has some talent, but forgets his tech :P. But his maps look very good!

Don't get discouraged people! Creation is all about learning and improving!

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 03:51:38 pm »
mapping is the niggers work in fonline deving , dont listen to that corosive noob. without the niggas the jews cudnt cintinoue their work ... the elite cudnt exist without maps in fonline deving world. show us some code you have done in fair x changing pidorle

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 05:35:13 pm »
mapping is the niggers work in fonline deving , dont listen to that corosive noob. without the niggas the jews cudnt cintinoue their work ... the elite cudnt exist without maps in fonline deving world. show us some code you have done in fair x changing pidorle

Work is work mate. Writing code, testing, debugging is just as annoying and repetitive after you get used to it. And the development tools for coding aren't any better than for making maps, animations or other resources.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 10:52:03 pm »
If I showed you any code you wouldn't even understand it. Remember that I made FOnline: Shelter in about 3-4 days. If you still need proof by now then you're a retard.

Heyfray

• Old World Flag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 12:33:57 am »
If I showed you any code you wouldn't even understand it. Remember that I made FOnline: Shelter in about 3-4 days. If you still need proof by now then you're a retard.
Corosive firing shots

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 11:10:10 am »
pissing on the devs in forum is probably one of the least helpfull things you can do  :facepalm

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:31:34 pm »

hahaha i will belive it when i see it bahahahaha, gimme close server testing access ...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:33:14 pm by FrankenStone »

Programmer

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10:06:55 am »
Cool maps you make Zek. I would like to check this out in game.