March 28, 2024, 08:13:00 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

This is a generic poll to see whether a tutorial on standard random encounter map making is wanted.

Yes I would like a tutorial on making a simple random encounter map.
9 (90%)
No I would not like a tutorial, I can work it out myself.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 29, 2016, 11:55:29 am

Topic: Zek's Workshop  (Read 20219 times)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
Re: Zek's Workshop
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:56 pm »
Having a laid back time this one round. Decided to make something small but to also show that something of this miniature scale can also look and feel very nice. Intentionally I wanted it to be a low end cave base for the newest of players to easily purchase after a couple days playing, you know, something that "fits in" with the current status of the server. However I shifted my view to seeing it more like a personal safe house on the same line as an upgraded tent that can easily be set up on the first day of playing. My idea is that you can buy as many as you like, for around 5000 caps, and they all count to your maximum of having only 10 safe houses. Nothing too complex here, like I stated earlier - this fine humble cave space contains 3 containers total, just like your average safe house. The containers are the workbench toolboard, the rusted locker and the small wooden crate at the end of the bed.

I will work on an outside for this place so cars can be parked and will upload some in game rendering too; both of which should be done and uploaded for all of you to see.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 11:37:26 pm »
You have a good eye for maps, this map is another great look

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 09:01:10 pm »
I apologise for the lack of content but here is a "semi" update for the previous cave safe house. This is a possible exterior I have whipped up that took me only half an hour to complete. So far I think it fits in well,but again I did say a "possible" exterior  ;)
What I am planning to do now is make some variants of safe houses. Originally we have tents and "shacks". I have made a cave, but I am planning on making more forms of safe houses just to create a feeling of personalisation and variety in the wasteland, even with something small like this.

I have also been asked in game a couple times if I am planning on making a dungeon. The straightforward answer is yes. My goal here is to introduce more and more content that I can into the game and what we are lacking right now are Player versus Enemy dungeons. I am not making it now as I have this small project of safe houses to do, but what I do need  is some community input on this one. I am all ears for your suggestions for a good pve dungeon that we can all enjoy. A good idea will make a good map but good ideas will make an astounding map.

And here is the miniature update I am providing for the cave safe house exterior:
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 09:57:28 pm »
Having a laid back time this one round. Decided to make something small but to also show that something of this miniature scale can also look and feel very nice. Intentionally I wanted it to be a low end cave base for the newest of players to easily purchase after a couple days playing, you know, something that "fits in" with the current status of the server. However I shifted my view to seeing it more like a personal safe house on the same line as an upgraded tent that can easily be set up on the first day of playing. My idea is that you can buy as many as you like, for around 5000 caps, and they all count to your maximum of having only 10 safe houses. Nothing too complex here, like I stated earlier - this fine humble cave space contains 3 containers total, just like your average safe house. The containers are the workbench toolboard, the rusted locker and the small wooden crate at the end of the bed.

I will work on an outside for this place so cars can be parked and will upload some in game rendering too; both of which should be done and uploaded for all of you to see.

holy shit, this really looks good, especially for new players. they'd feel much better and safer in this cave and also, if it existed in game i'd use it too. great moves zek, keep it up, proud of you.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 02:23:22 pm »
Your maps look quite good, especially for one who just started making them. I believe they will get even better over time. If you like making them, you have some spare time and want to cooperate with us, then we can surely use your skills to add some fresh maps to the game.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 12:28:14 pm »
Your maps look quite good, especially for one who just started making them. I believe they will get even better over time. If you like making them, you have some spare time and want to cooperate with us, then we can surely use your skills to add some fresh maps to the game.
I always mentioned that I want to add content to Reloaded and here is a true opportunity. Take me on board; I am here to help.
To the rest of you who like my maps: I will post progress reports a little less common from now on, but never will I stop updating this thread for you map hungry fiends!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 01:00:47 am »
I'll take a dozen random maps, please lol.

Wilderness based, and some ruined city/abandoned business based.

I need some for combat jobs, and some mini-boss fights.

I could use some for general PvP/PvE as well.

I could also use one unique one to be recycled about 13 times for a series of something cool.

(Quests are already done, currently using crappy random encounter maps)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:13:11 am by Corosive »

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 09:57:47 pm »
I posted months ago suggestion about new quest storyline. It is not completed, I was working on it in my spare time but never finish. Look at it maybe you would like. I do not have link to the topic however you could find it on suggestion board.

Are you interested in city maps? Are we allowed to use current exists maps from Reloaded mapper package and expand them?
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 10:34:41 pm »
I posted months ago suggestion about new quest storyline. It is not completed, I was working on it in my spare time but never finish. Look at it maybe you would like. I do not have link to the topic however you could find it on suggestion board.

Are you interested in city maps? Are we allowed to use current exists maps from Reloaded mapper package and expand them?

Yup! Whatever looks new or unique. Just please don't recycle cities or static locations like Tobacco Farm and things. If you can alter an old map to look 100% new and unique than that works.

NexusWulf

• Try something new, it might be your new META.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 09:50:16 am »
Splendid work, indeed

i gotta say it feels good to see you progress that much, wish i could participate with ya haha but well real life keeps me busy.

Rock on and keep em coming  8) !

Welp im here now, too late to run away.

Make content, not complaints. -zekromo👑

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »
Been some time eh? Real life catches up to everyone, unfortunately, but nevertheless I am back again to update on what I have been doing content wise. As of now I am making some standard encounter maps which players will find themselves in when they spawn into a location on the world map; in other words just random locations - but with added post apocalyptic ambiance.
Here are two maps I have chosen for your viewing pleasure:

As you can see they are relatively simple but fitting for what a standard encounter map should be. I have been tasked to make more, and as always I will update with some more interesting eye candy. If anyone has ideas they would like to throw in, then by all means go for it.

Also check out the latest competition by Doctor Mengelito here: http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=10494.0
The prize is so damn fucking worth it!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »
Simple, classic and great looking maps. GJ!
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 10:09:00 pm »
Simple, classic and great looking maps. GJ!
;D ;D ;D
Thanks bro! It appears I can even work my magic into standard encounter maps haha!  :)
PS: Nice work on that map in Meng's competition too. That map is great for a small quest.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Arcrad

• Scream! Let the world hear our voice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 08:13:27 am »
Nice Maps, Good Job Zek.

Praise the sun.
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 02:25:17 pm »
As always encounter variety is good well done mister

Praise the sun and new maps !!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka