March 28, 2024, 04:34:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

This is a generic poll to see whether a tutorial on standard random encounter map making is wanted.

Yes I would like a tutorial on making a simple random encounter map.
9 (90%)
No I would not like a tutorial, I can work it out myself.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 29, 2016, 11:55:29 am

Topic: Zek's Workshop  (Read 20215 times)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
Zek's Workshop
« on: March 31, 2016, 11:56:07 pm »
First and foremost I enjoy Fonline Reloaded and would choose this over any of the other "servers" out there. However I noticed a lack of dungeons and content and, as such, I have decided to create some maps to increase the small stockpile that is here. I will be adding to this thread whenever I have new maps made; current progress of maps will be released now and then too.

So, to begin with I have used the power of the Garden of Eden Creation Kit to manipulate this barren piece of land into a nice faction homestead:

Dont worry, I know having a space to park a car can lead to glitching when there are 2 cars in that space; that issue has been resolved by having only 1 car being able to park in that space. All the usual stuff is there such as computer and a rotgut still.

Now here is something I am working on. It is meant to be a new magic locker/pvp ground like reno or warehouse. It is not complete yet, but the background for the place is that it is a raider (slag) run gas station and that they have the tendency to go on distracting caravan raids; every so often they get something very nice that they like to lock up in a certain box at the back.

It is currently still WIP and the shot is zoomed out so the whole area can be seen. Will post close ups is requested.

Thanks, and any comments will be taken into account!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:08:49 am by zekromo »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

FrankenStone

• View Profile
Re: Zek's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:22:03 am »
looks good i would only scrap the tent inside the house , rest is fine

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:29:13 am »
Looks great, I like the tent near the house that's cool

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 01:17:32 am »
I need new random encounter maps that aren't too pretty/fancy. Basic ones to provide "unique" encounter opportunities. I've made over a dozen already but damn, I need a dozen more.

If your maps are error free and have all the hex blockers in place then PM me.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 08:31:13 am »
I like it!
Freelancer

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 09:33:31 am »
First map is perfect, good job dude :)
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 09:17:31 pm »
Today I have been working on "ruining" and "raiding" the gas station magic locker area up a bit. Roads are now covered in dust in some areas, metal fences now properly propped up to form the defensive barrier around the gas station and clutter has been added to give it a more, how can I say this - "living" environment. I can see nothing more now to add but the magic locker, finishing touches and begin working on entry and hex blocking zones; that is unless you guys have an input or request?

Thank you for the nice comments too! Keeps a nice driving force going to produce more maps for you to enjoy and, hopefully, be implemented.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 09:22:24 pm »
This gas station looks so great you made a god job my friend !
And this highwayman there looks awesome!

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 11:09:26 pm »
I need new random encounter maps that aren't too pretty/fancy. Basic ones to provide "unique" encounter opportunities. I've made over a dozen already but damn, I need a dozen more.

If your maps are error free and have all the hex blockers in place then PM me.

Check your PM Corosive! Also thanks Solaire, I am hoping to make it go far. I guess people will come from afar not for the loot, but for the precious gasoline stored in those abundant barrels  ;D
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 01:28:21 am »
Gasoline is also a loot :)
I like that lately ppl have patience to make maps you should do maybe something for quest like gr mutie quest
That would be cool having more quests like that
I want also that highwayman in my base :P

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 03:46:12 pm »
I like that lately ppl have patience to make maps you should do maybe something for quest like gr mutie quest
That would be cool having more quests like that

Well currently I am planning on sticking with doing faction bases/dungeons/ML areas. I will be finishing up on the gas station magic locker today hopefully, however still wondering what to create for my next project. Maybe a pve dungeon similar to Ares? I mean something fresh - the overrated ruined vault tile set is getting incredibly boring for my taste. Vault 15 has it, Ares has it, Glow has it; time to make a change I suppose.

As always, ideas are welcome.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 07:44:25 pm »
Hey zekromo since you're interested in faction bases maps I just wanna throw an idea out there: a garage with car spawn inside. All the current maps have car spawns outside but wouldn't it be cool to keep your car in a garage?

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
Hey zekromo since you're interested in faction bases maps I just wanna throw an idea out there: a garage with car spawn inside. All the current maps have car spawns outside but wouldn't it be cool to keep your car in a garage?
You see I had many ideas about creating something like that and at the end I had to conclude with having that wooden frame as a car park in my ranch faction base. The problem with creating a garage with a car spawn is that not every vehicle would fit in the garage; some of the vehicles are either too large or are parked on different axis compared to others.

However this idea of cars and garages have given me an idea for an urban safehouse/home/faction base. I don't know if it would work in game but how about an urban apartment? Just like how you can go upstairs and downstairs in those urban encounter maps?
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Grizzanmk2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 06:13:24 pm »
i would only scrap the tent inside the house
Why don't you?
Spoiler: show
RIP 2238

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 08:34:14 pm »
No new maps have been made however progress has been made with the gas station map. Included are new hex blockers, enter and exit grids and scroll blockers:

It is in no way fully finished as I need to test it out in game to spot any bugs or missing spots that need to be "teched." Infact, coming to think of testing:

I think the ingame render looks nicer than on the mapper.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew: