March 28, 2024, 02:10:12 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

This is a generic poll to see whether a tutorial on standard random encounter map making is wanted.

Yes I would like a tutorial on making a simple random encounter map.
9 (90%)
No I would not like a tutorial, I can work it out myself.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 29, 2016, 11:55:29 am

Topic: Zek's Workshop  (Read 20213 times)

Arcrad

• Scream! Let the world hear our voice!
    • View Profile
Re: Zek's Workshop
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 08:08:48 am »
Why don't you try to make Encounters Map in Cities area?
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 08:19:29 am »
I have decided to place creations I have made for the map contest in this thread. My reasons for this is I have realised I have not updated any of my work for a long time, and another is that what I am making for this competition is not standard encounters but actual locations. I am doing this because I find creating locations more interesting than making standard encounter maps; the reason, of course, is self-explanatory. My idea for the contributions I will make is 5 unique locations and no standard encounter maps. I prefer a challenge instead of easily copying and pasting pre-existing encounter maps and adding and deleting things here and there.

Putting that aside, here is the 1st location I have created. The theme is a slum on a dock, probably to be filled with raiders as an open dungeon but is always there to be used for whatever idea fits most.

Slum town on the dock

Above is the general overview of the map. Below there will be close ups. I have placed an NPC for scale.

Center Middle

South West

South East Spawn

North Spawn

If this were to be a dungeon, even far to say a magic locker location, then this PvP ground will have close quarters combat in mind - quite a lot of it. This is what I was trying to accomplish within the map as no map, with the possible exception of vault 15, has a focus on close quarters combat.

So that concludes Map Entry 1 for the contest. Any comments are welcome as are ideas you wish to contribute. Just remember that I can probably make anything with the mapper.

Zek out  8)

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 08:41:24 am »
Well done Zek

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2016, 09:28:50 am »
gg zek good idea
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »
Good idea to build docks map ;D Make it a more bigger and it would be awesome!
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 08:03:49 pm »
Enlarge the map? I thought it handles the right amount of closed space as it does :D I will mess around and sand down some edges, and I will see if it is suitable.

And Jarok, make some freshly maps  8)  ;)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 05:36:08 am »
Such nice maps, sorry, but you can't enter the contests lol. You're too good. Everything I've seen you do is a winner.  We're all full for new epic season maps, but we're using all of the communities stuff for the next DLC's :) Very cool.

Right now, we need random encounter stuff. Zeks' maps are going to be used for unique locations.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 am »
That is why I have tasked myself with creating pieces that require more time and effort instead of simply using copy-paste techniques with the random encounter locations. I have PM'd you about the subject matter and I believe it will clarify my reasons of contribution towards the contest  :)

As a side note I also realised that I have some work that I have not posted in this thread. Standard procedure obviously causes me to do that now. They are aligned with Corosive's talks of standard random encounter locations. For those wanting to contribute to the mapping contest I would suggest doing these as they are by far the easiest way to help out the developers and Fonline Reloaded itself.

If needs be, I can of course create a tutorial on how to make simple, yet effective, standard random encounter maps. They will of course have my influence on design in them, but that does not mean you can not instead create it with your own. I believe making a poll would perhaps be the easiest way to go about this. The poll will run for a week, so start your voting.

Edit: Tutorial will, if wanted, be written format and not video. I can, however, try with a certain fellow faction member to create a video tutorial, but this will not be guaranteed.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:57:07 am by zekromo 👑 »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »
Such nice maps, sorry, but you can't enter the contests lol. You're too good. Everything I've seen you do is a winner.  We're all full for new epic season maps, but we're using all of the communities stuff for the next DLC's :) Very cool.

Right now, we need random encounter stuff. Zeks' maps are going to be used for unique locations.

You got some random stuff lately eventho I don't know how many more random maps you will need :D.

I guess I will stay out of the contest unless you want to see some spoils :D

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 12:47:02 pm »
As expected the poll results do indeed show a wanting for a tutorial on simple encounter map making. I will be working on this in my spare time which I happen to have quite a lot of recently. I hope to have it done by the weekend, and I also hope that it assists people's creativity with the mapping business. Also please note that in my tutorial I will expect learners to have basic knowledge of the mapper, but I will do what I can to make it simple enough for anybody to understand. As it stands I am currently still working on the mapping contest submissions and I have a very nice one coming up soon for public indulgence. Thanks to all who took part in the poll.

#MakeReloadedGreatAgain
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2016, 03:46:44 pm »
Slowly mapping out the second contribution for the map contest. I have a tendency recently to be lethargic and putting off quite a lot of things, but back again to provide updates on how I am doing. This map, though incomplete, will be the beginning of what I would love to view as either a second quest similar to gun runners' mutant quest, or a small dungeon for new players like vault 15.
The theme is a floater hive, a place where floaters have came from around the area to inhabit and breed. A fellow faction member expressed his opinion by stating how it has a "dead space-ish" ambience about it.

The beginning part is all I have manage to create and is still largely incomplete, but I want to produce pictures anyway simply to go back to my roots when I first started this workshop thread. It also serves a secondary purpose for any new mapper to get insight on how bigger maps are made.

So without further ado, here is the rough beginning of my second contribution; I apologise for lack of content but I will work on myself, maybe a mentat or two...

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2016, 08:47:21 pm »
i can't believe i've only just found this thread, this is amazing work zek and it's really cool that you share it with everybody like this. i had a thought about parking cars at faction bases, keep in mind though that i know nothing about maping. would it be possible to have a building in the base that has all the vehicle spawns inside it maybe you can use the parking lot floor texture from hinkley? can you exclude vertibirds to spawn somewhere else? like can the building have several levels and 2 helipads on the roof where vertibirds spawn? and an elevator  :P  it could be a pre-war parking lot that's been patched up and modified
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:50:34 pm by elemenope »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »
This month was, again, slow but work has been done for the second submission. I have finished creating the next interior for the dungeon and I am now currently halting progress in order to ruin things up; the initial plan was pretty "clean" to begin with. The idea is to create sections of cave wall falling through the bunker walls which I think works to an extent, though more work might need to be done.

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Slush

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2016, 11:02:47 pm »
Very nice update keep up the nice work  :)

Edit: What will reward be looking like? Very cool dungeon must have very cool reward   8)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:34:07 pm by Slush »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2016, 11:38:27 pm »
I am not entirely sure what the reward will be at the end of this dungeon; that is something only the admins can decide. I do plan on having a few lockers in there spawning items similar to what can be found in Mutant Quest lockers/New Reno Sewers lockers.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew: