April 27, 2024, 12:32:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 01/04/2016  (Read 44616 times)

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 01/04/2016
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
Well FOnline is all about the butthurt so why don't u  :'( :'( some more about the update eh ? First what Kilgore gets are complains about how dull and empty is the server and now complains on how the update got players to pvp and lose precious pixels  :'( :'(. Why don't u start punishing yourself in real life for loss of these rare pixels that would disappear in few months anyway.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2016, 09:16:05 pm »
Why don't u start punishing yourself in real life for loss of these rare pixels that would disappear in few months anyway.
Well Koniko, I have already done that with Pokemon Fire Red on the GBA :D
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Krizu

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2016, 12:10:45 pm »
In my mind, considering that both loot/no-loot have ups and downs, best solutions would be to settle for a middle ground, here's my
opinions on how it could work:

A) Drop loot in inventory and secondary hand slot, not armor and main weapon.
B) Grant a percentual chance (maybe 40%) to drop items on death, so it becomes a game of luck (maybe even have the Luck Stat affect it)
C) Add a Trait or Perk, that activates/increases above mentioned percentual chance to keep your stuff upon death.
D) Only make items with low condition drop upon death.
E) Make the item drop chance higher based on "reputation" (If you're a hardcore PK, you lose more items when you die yourself), or the more you
     loot from other players, the more chance to lose items yourself...
F) Make an insurance service for gear (pay caps for each gear piece you don't wish to lose. Price depending on item tier and duration of insurance)
G) Have a new STAT on a gearpiece: "Unlootable Chance: 50%"

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2016, 12:30:41 pm »
Why not make it no drop until lvl 24 or 30? Go with last perk available or the point you have to have taken it.  This will protect the scrubs but not be a no risk/no reward situation.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2016, 12:50:01 pm »
Because it could be easily abused.

Drop must be enabled/disabled for every player or no player.
All items or no items (because there is no point of disabling drop if some items drop and more important, it would be confusing).

But! Some people complain that they no longer feel the thrill when going to certain locations like Glow.

This could be fixed by making a separate location (dungeon-like) where full drop is enabled so if somebody want to loot other players or just get decent drop then he would have an option to do it in some kind of hardcore location. To avoid confusion, before "travelling" to such location, a clear warning would be shown and a minimum character level required.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »
Ok, Kilgore. I see where you are going with this no-loot idea. But whole game must be change then. First of all:

- gear is no more needed in ammounts it is now avaiable. For all pvm and pve player will need only few sets of armor and weapons.
- Mining becomes obsolete (only ammo will be crafted in same numbers - but there are actions that give a lot of ammo)
- Advanced workbench will be much less needed then it is now.
- Crafting will be obsolete. All gear needed, in new ammounts, is easly accesible from merchants and lockers at various quests.
- Lack of losing items also in PVM takes away load of thrill while hunting on desert. Be it leveling or hunting for geckos or lockers.

Actually, the whole game should be changed just to fit this new feature.

Tested some PVM yesterday. Did hunt for gecko skins and leveling my new alt. I died.. hoho, and what? Nothing. I lost nothing. I just got back on my route and do it all again. I died while being overweight with loads of loot from lockers and some gangs... nothing. This was most boring experience ever in Reloaded. So, FYI, I just don't see how this will attract players...
Freelancer

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2016, 01:07:18 pm »
Nothing new.

Of course it is obvious that if such change would stay, then (many) other changes would have to follow.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2016, 01:53:46 pm »
I personally feel like Glow and Ares type locations come with a reasonable expectation of PvP, and full loot not only makes sense but should be encouraged. Areas where No Loot would make sense would be places considered guarded but not NoPvP such as Junktown Mine or NCR.

I suppose it all really depends on what the intended result is, whether it's designed to encourage PvP or to discourage griefing. Either way from my layman point of view a map mode with some indicator like a "No Loot" tab makes the most sense 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:55:51 pm by Wind_Drift »

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2016, 02:27:38 pm »
TC, Glow, Reno, WH, Ares = Loot available. Everywhere else No loot. I'd be happy with that.
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »
I would also argue Vault 15 as well - it is part of the learning curve into becoming a better fighter and therefore looting should be available there too.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2016, 04:20:00 pm »
server's down

hope it's for a rollback

Jish the small

« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2016, 04:23:42 pm »
no rollback pls! only loot enabled!

hotsauce

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2016, 04:34:04 pm »
I don't think looting should be enabled only in PVP areas - the good part of this update was that there was more people were willing to just hop in and fight!  I do agree there needs to be risk of losing something on dying and also there should be some kind of reward for killing in PVP in my opinion.  No loot makes PVM less thrilling yeah.  I'm fine with either full loot / no loot really but hope to see a bit more pvp action in general like in this update.

An idea I had was when ppl died in pvp they would spawn dog tags that could be looted and turned in for caps/gear, and if you die you take a bigger durability penalty or something. 

As for world map, maybe have difficult encounters in certain areas have a small chance to drop rare items to encourage ppl to go one area of the world map - and fighting other players for it.  Also hoping for more incentives to go to northern towns, maybe some lockers like in reno or slags w/ small chances of dropping nice items.

Just some ideas, overall nice to see more pvp, was a fun update of course knowing its not permanent, some good discussion happenin

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:41:20 pm by hotsauce »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2016, 05:15:25 pm »
Now the dog tag idea is not bad, I actually like the sound of that. Maybe have it so it links to a faction? So a dog tag drop that has a faction tag on it can be turned in for caps/gear etc. Yeah there are many things possible but that idea is quite nice!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
    • TKs-Mantis YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2016, 05:26:04 pm »
Spoiler: show