April 30, 2024, 12:25:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 01/04/2016  (Read 44647 times)

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
Re: Changelog 01/04/2016
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »
1st of all, there should be a pool - players had chance to know this feature. Secondly, from my long term experience in online gaming (reaching far back year 2000), hardcore games are more stable if the rules are comforting hardcore gamares - they are backbone of each game. Making game noob friendly without penalty we know from FOnline, will drove away old players (well, most of them) and will not bring newcomers. Why?

Fallout has its specific world, and FOnline is replicating it, along with graphics, sounds, everything - so only those who actually know it will hang around it. Other situations are rare, and how many absolutely new to F1/F2 will stay longer in FOnline???

Other side is, that no matter how you change - be it no loot or other rules - there are still mechanics in game that are just old compared to new products, and there will be a lot of newbies just wanting things easier. Its old like games themself. So, again - giving 10% stable population great feature in order to lose 90% is bad idea.

I was playing game that was changed many times in order to please newcomers - now, after 15 years, game is dead, and newcomers are not there, and we - verterans - got completly different game we are not happy with. So, yes, giving few great feature to lose most of playerbase is wcs.
Freelancer

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2016, 02:39:56 pm »
You cannot count FOnline as part of Fallout Series heritage, it's completly diffrent game with diffrent mechanisms, laws and developers. The only thing that connects both things is content naming. First of all first FOnline public server was opened in 2009 and it's not like hurr durr we had lots of players and itzzz all ded nauw due to noloot. There's many alternatives to Reloaded that people play right now and amogn them there's also a server that already had and has noloot as main mechanism just the fact of ingame donate shop makes it not so enjoyable.  I haven't seen any loss in players after introducing the update - noticed only butthurt ruskies and higher online rate on status. It's not the full loot that brings players into game but lack of p2w content, oldschool graphics, nostalgia over an "old" game, no level requirements for items and possibility of killing everyone everywhere which was partly ruined by adding Hububu noobcare and barterground. It's a short-time boost of online - people that join for pvp not hamstering roleplay hub idling bullshit that fonline evolved into. Khans or some hub dwellers would prob. never go into pvp agnist us if not the fact that they cannot lose loot. At some point people will get bored of this again - lack of updates, same shitty enemies when it comes to both pvp and pve and moonwalkingTM.

Appearntly the jewish spirit remains as of some people don't even wanna waste drugs and ammo but that's story for diffrent thread.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:44:36 pm by Koniko »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2016, 03:08:36 pm »
this is bad update if it's true. But it's not - no respectfull admin would Put such update as a serious thing without even noticing players ealier about such breaking change, becuase it's not fair for old players (which is like 95% of population).

Were did you get this percentage?

Also, very rare and hyper expansive loot was lost because of game mechanics that allow player to lose Combat Armor and Power Armor desintegrated in the same way, by violent death. This is totally unfair.
Weapons, which are rare aswell, can explode - and I think Noolooted noob is much happier to lose M60 then experienced player losing Bozar or YK32 or Gauss...

It is not unfair at all.  I lost HPA, PA, Bozar and Vindicator since new rule, and i don't mind, because gear is for using it and thank to this new rule people started to do so...

Giving No-loot rule in middle of session is rather stupid.

It is best moment IMO. Now you can test features that can be implemented in new session.

P.S.

I like this update big time. It was like a blast of fresh air into pvp. Fights were intense and there was a lot of them.

I feel this thread is a bit like customer service.
People that are happy don't drop to office or call company to say i love your new service.
Only people that are angry for some reason, and need to get over it will call, write, visit, company to complain about some changes.

Keep it up Kilgore. It was a fine weekend and I hope intensity will continue to rise.

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2016, 03:21:25 pm »
My two cents.......this has been a nice change and there has been so much pvp the past weekend. It has been said many times the no loot update is controversial, but I have enjoyed it thoroughly. I have lost some rares but for me it is the price for having some fun :) 'Use it, could lose it' Some people have some good suggestions and there has been some positive dialogue but many just like to complain :) You just cant keep all the people happy ALL the time. Good job Kilgore and Admins. Peace to community.  8)

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »

People I spoked about this change.

It is not unfair at all.  I lost HPA, PA, Bozar and Vindicator since new rule, and i don't mind, because gear is for using it and thank to this new rule people started to do so...

Ok you lost highest tier items in just 4 days. Congrats. Why you didn't used it ealier? Because it COULD pass to other player, which you didn't wanted - so, you are happy you lost 4 uber items in 4 days, because noone will get it from you. A bit selfish, isn't it? And how long it will take to get back those 4 items?

They started to use them - wait 4 more days and there will be either NO items to use (due known mechanics) or they will be hiden back in lockers. And we all going to seee same stuff we see now.

It is best moment IMO. Now you can test features that can be implemented in new session.

So, many, many, many players farmed they gear for nothing, because - out of nowhere, without information, april fools turns out to be a permament change? That is just BAD!

There were 3 choices:
1. Extensive live testing while april fools
2. Create test server and test feature and player feedback
3. Create pool before puting change into live or test (stil test would be required)

Admins chose number 1 - without pool atached, which is, I believe, ommision.
Freelancer

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2016, 04:50:27 pm »
what do u think about make this mode in only ONE location or sometimes temporary fight like in Desert Europe?
Spoiler: show
do rollback and turn off bitch mode. plox plox xoxoxo

Celis Langmaid

• The Chosen Ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2016, 04:56:22 pm »

People I spoked about this change.

Well, that's not loaded at all. For all we know, you chose to only speak to those who you thought were against the change. You should add sources so we can check this ourselves.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2016, 04:59:07 pm »

Ok you lost highest tier items in just 4 days. Congrats. Why you didn't used it ealier? Because it COULD pass to other player, which you didn't wanted - so, you are happy you lost 4 uber items in 4 days, because noone will get it from you. A bit selfish, isn't it? And how long it will take to get back those 4 items?

Well... heh. I never had problem or restrains towards using T4 in PvP even before this update. It is not selfish, and I am sure that at least 50% of those 95% you mentioned is happy when they zapp someones PA with pulse rifle, more than when they pick 10th for themselves that they will never use.

They started to use them - wait 4 more days and there will be either NO items to use (due known mechanics) or they will be hiden back in lockers. And we all going to seee same stuff we see now.

There is a lot of T4 now on server, more than could be ever used if this update would not happen, this is Why I endorse it. This is obvious T4 sink, which is good, because economy was failing do to not so good t4 delivery system, first it was mass farming SE then it was camping reno & glow etc. etc.
Truly Server had shitload of T4, and now it is finally on stage used in fights more & more often IMO if we run out of it, there will be no problem whatsoever.
And last thing. It is not about loot for me and it never was about loot. Maybe this is why i don't mind loosing T4 in the first place

There were 3 choices:
1. Extensive live testing while april fools
2. Create test server and test feature and player feedback
3. Create pool before puting change into live or test (stil test would be required)

Admins chose number 1 - without pool atached, which is, I believe, ommision.

1.April Fools joke was server message saying "Wipe in 12 Hours".
2.Live tests are always best.
3.Most players don't use Forum so poles are out of picture.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:00:57 pm by Awgy »

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2016, 06:08:30 pm »
Awgy, I play now roughly almost 3 months - 5-10 hours a day, doing a lot of content, including top pvp. I never seen ANY T4 in pvp action so far. In last 4 days I saw this like OMG, like it would be a common loot. Thats saying something, isn't it?

About playerbase: looking at my guild playerbase dropped from 14 players to 1 (me), rest went to TLA MkII and FOnline2. FOnline:Reloaded statistics clearly show drop in playerbase. There are about 65-70 bots all time* - so, last four mondays and tuesday there were average 105 players, with top 152, and yesterday it was 95 average and 124 top, and today it is 86 average and 117. Which is drop around 40%.

*- which I cant be sure off, but pretty much tested server in almost all hours and when there are 65-70 players online in middle of night, I never meet any player in any location I could think of, and I did it like 10-15 nights).
Freelancer

Celis Langmaid

• The Chosen Ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2016, 06:28:35 pm »
Awgy, I play now roughly almost 3 months - 5-10 hours a day, doing a lot of content, including top pvp. I never seen ANY T4 in pvp action so far. In last 4 days I saw this like OMG, like it would be a common loot. Thats saying something, isn't it?

About playerbase: looking at my guild playerbase dropped from 14 players to 1 (me), rest went to TLA MkII and FOnline2. FOnline:Reloaded statistics clearly show drop in playerbase. There are about 65-70 bots all time* - so, last four mondays and tuesday there were average 105 players, with top 152, and yesterday it was 95 average and 124 top, and today it is 86 average and 117. Which is drop around 40%.

*- which I cant be sure off, but pretty much tested server in almost all hours and when there are 65-70 players online in middle of night, I never meet any player in any location I could think of, and I did it like 10-15 nights).

I only have one thing to say to this.

Good.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:58 pm »

Typical polish guy. Play all day long and complain about the game.

@@about t4

It tells only that people were hamsters, even those who play this game like You. There is enough t4 on server to fit Your eyes with pvp action, but problem is that those guys who got that stuff are hoarding it to next winter. Shame on them.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2016, 07:00:45 pm »

Well i encourage you to watch some videos on you tube, and I don't mean last session Vids but some from month ago, Recordings made on TC with SW &/or UV, are best example that there were T4 used on TC in decent amount of times, people restrain themselves from using it in reno or warehouse, because most more experienced players prefer to solo it as a dungeon (warehouse), and some teams don't like camping street without alarming other teams and waiting for occasion (reno), this is most likely why you have not seen it used in PvP too often. all I am saying is that i don't understand this complaining, about no loot. You said yourself you grinded for long time, ergo you have enough stuff not to need loot anything anymore. This is perfect moment for server to test this feature, and from what i seen. PvP went viral now. I just regret i have less time now that i had before update.

Some people are complaining because they lost some top gear like APA, but still it was at least used in PvP not only to jerk off in a tin can at hub entrance.

And at the very least fact that your team moved away from server is as someone mentioned earlier, bad for community, but this is personal prefference of every player, i myself do not like FO2.

Your faction moved, other factions get more active. Khans for example were very active, this weekend on town control, same as UV and SW, if someone give you a doughnut you eat it. and reviwing PvP on the server is what everyone asked for since like 6 months ago. Now when PvP is having its second youth some complain rest have fun.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »

Typical polish guy. Play all day long and complain about the game.

uhm. I don't play game now? Saw me complaining before update? Stop trolling. I don't have anyone to play with now.

Freelancer

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »
Is this F.E.V. thing on the server still going? How is it now? Anyone got bored?  ???

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2016, 08:31:22 pm »
Is this F.E.V. thing on the server still going?

Yes. Yes it is. I am going to slow down gameplay on this server until pre and post wipe probably. However I will continue making maps as it is the only way I can help add content to the game.

Anyways good luck to the dev team; they will need it. Some stuff is good whereas some stuff is bad - only by their hand can we all get redemption  :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew: