April 19, 2024, 11:14:28 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 01/04/2016  (Read 44496 times)

Hungry Hungry Shark

Re: Changelog 01/04/2016
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2016, 12:03:32 am »
no need to cry it's obviously not permanent change just April 1 mixed with pre wipe experiments and I'm happy that new players can have some fun right now

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2016, 01:54:56 am »
Interesting wall of text...

The guy has a point. We are used to the looting feature, quite rare in RPG games, and we like it. I don't think the player looting should be completely removed, because it's part of what makes the wasteland harsh. However, it could be limited to specific pvp areas such as TC towns and Reno/warehouse and dungeons (Ares, Vault 15 and the Glow). This way, the noob killers will loose part of their purpose, lowering the frustration inflicted to newer players. Let's be honest here, they do it for the sake of pissing others off, not for the loot. This way players that just started won't loose their precious unique grease guns in TB traps and the pvp apes like me will still be able to loot the smoking corpses of defeated enemies.

A level cap isn't relevant, since you don't carry anything valuable before you reach a certain level. All this could be even more effective if the looting in TC town would be possible only during an extended TC timer that would start at the second a faction starts the TC and end some time after the TC ends (maybe 20 minutes?). The looting may only apply on players that died after the window started. Let's illustrate the idea:

-Johnny Noobson goes to modoc to trade his hunting loot for a few caps
-Faction 1 spawns and kill the poor guy (not lootable) and start the timer
-The sneaker from faction 1 kills the sneaker from faction 2 (lootable)
-The timer ends, but the sneak spotted some players from faction 2 on worldmap and faction 1 decide to stay in the town
-Faction 2 spawns, one of the 2 wins and loot the other
-After timer ended, faction 3 surprise attack the survivors and espace with all the loot
-Some unaware Noob Johnson spawns and dies (lootable)
-Half an hour later, the box looter from the winning faction kills Johnny Noobson again (not lootable)

Problem is when Noob Johnson logs in just after the TC timer ends and gets killed in a town not quite safe to spawn in. To prevent this I thaught about a TC timer with color swap or message change. When the TC timer is started it's displayed red, after the TC timer ends the "danger timer" starts, and is displayed orange or whatever different color. Or the message could be different. The classic "TownName is being taken" could remain during normal TC timer, then switch to "Gunshots where heard in TownName recently, the place could still be dangerous" during the "danger timer". Thus the game and looting will remain the same for the hardened TC fighters and ease the life of all the random wanderers around.

Jish the small

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2016, 04:11:52 am »
when its april 4 and you still dont lose gear  8) 8)

Valchuck

• Supporter
  • It's only a game, relax =]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:45 am »
Interesting wall of text...
Even more interesting wall of text...
I agree with points made by Markus Dex and like idea suggested by Le troll.
As always I hope for the best from Kilgore and his small team. Keep up the good work :)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 11:22:07 am »
I agree with both Markus Dex and Le Troll. A lot of jokes have been made on this thread and a lot of rage has spread within it too. This game is a great game; many of you who play this game know that it is otherwise you would either be on a different server or be doing something entirely different than playing this total god send of a game. However there are many things that have been needed to be revamped for some time now. This inability to loot does anger most of us, including me, but the main thing to realise is that war never changes - only the approach to it does. We older players know that looting the dead is fun and rewarding. The entire point of the wasteland is to survive and death only comes by making the wrong decisions. I hear many people arguing about the "grind" to get gear, getting frustrated by losing it on death and having to repeat the whole process again. To these people I want to say that it is not only you who do it; everybody in the server has to do it. It takes a good proportion of your time to get set up properly to engage in any player versus player or player versus enemy activity but the reward at the end is worth the time spent gathering, crafting and farming. The current update is a nuisance to the older players who have played this game with the original backbone of surviving or dying and learning from it.

Having said all that, this is an "organic" game. What I mean by this is that Reloaded will always be changing hence why we have wipes in the game. This is a new feature that the development team have decided to test out and I have full belief in them to make balances and create new ideas to make this game more engaging for the new and for the old. I do not believe that this will be the only thing that they will be trying out. Anybody who is ragequiting leaving the game for this simple no loot feature is clearly not appreciative nor supportive of the game. This entire process, from my point of view, is just the dev team implementing and testing out new features - sort of a pre beta wipe phase if you will - in order to view their ideas in an active community; people leaving this game will not help with this stage at all.

For now all I can say is that we should have fun with this current update. Yes jokes, taunts, rants and complaints will continue to surface but this is simply because the new and old players have mixed ideas between them, but overall the bigger picture is that Kilgore, DocAN, Cubik (is he even doing anything?), Corosive and anyone else on the small development team are ultimately finding ways to make Reloaded equal in terms of fun and gameplay for each and everyone of us.

Now, back to my usual posting against the update but still in support of it:
Remove my lil ponih v1 from the vidya gamye pls thnx  so    much 2 appreshiate :) :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Rocknrolla

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 01:57:58 pm »
Im going to fo2

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 03:48:05 pm »
stop this gay parade, do a rollback.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:52:52 pm by favorite »

Kerejack

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 03:58:32 pm »
I have been playing since the gold days of 2238, and I've tried both Reloaded and Fonline 2. To be honest I like this server more mainly because it reminds me a lot of the gold days of 2238. But this? I've run through Glow on few occasion, always scared shitless that I will encounter someone who will kill me and take my loot. Now? I run there, if not get killed by someone, I easily run through the whole Glow with zero troubles and I don't have to worry about the way out. I just let the robots kill me as soon as I get everything, and happily respawn at Boneyard with everything in my pocket.

So yeah, I did not like most of the changes which casualised the game from 2238. But this change is basically the worst thing you can do. People don't have to be afraid anymore, since they will never lose anything. The fear of losing your stuff was the best thing I found on this game. So yeah, just my opinion...

It was fun for a day, maybe two, but is not fun anymore
Zadarmo ani Staropramen neteče

Nithira

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2016, 04:24:41 pm »
Honestly, I find this all quite hilarious. The new drop rules are a sound decision, for both the game and the community itself. Gameplay wise, new players are no longer consistently stonewalled by the higher players, struggling to get up to the good gear levels and then losing it almost instantly to higher level players, thus preventing them from progressing up the line of power. Even if they did manage to keep their stuff, it's because they never even use it and just leave it at their homes out of fear of losing it. As things were, the only way to move up in the game was to either land a spot in one of the higher tier factions or partake in a ridiculous amount of grinding which, while not difficult, also posses the issue of not being fun. This only served to create a solid gap in the line of progression between new factions (and solo players) and the high tier factions which was almost impossible to cross. The constant halting of progression was also a major issue. If you dared to use your best stuff on anything, and it didn't go well, you're immediately back to the grind to get back where you were. Grinding isn't fun, especially when it's literally to get back to where you were and doing stuff you already did all over again.  Consequently, the new drop rules also encourage players to actually play more, going to some of the harder dungeons they normally wouldn't attempt out of fear of having their progress reset again and being forced to go back to the grind. So all in all, I believe the new drop rules can be very beneficial to the game's sense of progression (which is something any good RPG and MMO should have), provided the developer(s) can provide a steady stream of content to continuously challenge the now steadily progressing players.

On the community side, the rules serve to make the game far more welcoming to new players, allowing an increased flow of new players and members to the community. Before this, I cannot tell you how many people I've seen leave the game behind because they couldn't get anywhere. It also serves to weed out the less desirable members of the community, because quite frankly much of the playerbase has been the kind of hostile dicks you'd expect to see on 4chan, and that's not a good thing. The kind of people who proudly declare that they kill new players to halt their progress "just to piss them off" do not encourage fun gameplay or a community that's fun to be part of for the average player. It is my hope that with the new drop rules most of these people will just get up and leave since their primary method of being assholes is no longer valid, which will only serve to benefit the rest of the community.

I know some of you have issues with this, but to be blunt if you can't formulate a proper argument against these changes other than "git gud" or essentially saying "Stop making the game more accessible because we want to piss people off more", you don't get a say in the matter. Those sorts of things aren't going to win you any arguments. If you find things that terrible, you're welcome to leave and go to FOnline 2, an MMO I personally left for having all these problems I've mentioned but even worse. I'm sure you'll fit right in there.

I've been playing here for just a few weeks, never even played fallout/fallout 2 before this, and the new player experience you are portraying has not been accurate for me or any of my friends. I wasn't stonewalled and unable to progress by player-killers at all. The idea that a player can kill and loot me in certain areas kept me on my toes, alert, and afraid in those areas. However, I've only been killed about 3 times by players and the death has never been anything much more than inconvenient at that time. Losing your stuff adds impact and repercussion to conflict. The absence of any death penalty makes this game as casual and mindless as World of Warcraft, and is harmful to the brutal wasteland theme and feel. Even after a loss, it doesn't take a lot of grinding to recover here. NPCs have almost any gun/armor I've ever wanted. Find them and ask for a donation of armor or weapons. After learning the merchant buying habits, caps came really easy with minimal grinding. Furthermore the ability to put slaves in your own rented mine further reduces the grinding here, since slaves can gather most of the good crafting materials. I can replace almost all of my gear on the spot if I lose everything. This repetition of die and grind you describe is something I have not experienced.

To be blunt, these negative experiences can be avoided by revising tactics and applying more caution to  actions.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »
To be blunt, these negative experiences can be avoided by revising tactics and applying more caution to  actions.
Ah! A new player understands the true experience of the brutal wasteland!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2016, 04:48:27 pm »
Nithira, that's a good thing that you are understanding how to progress in the game. You are right, once you get to that level of understanding the game it becomes easy and fun. However, I hope you do use this time to explore the game and all dungeons and town control without repercussions so that you gain knowledge of the tactics for next session.

Because once again these changes are NOT permanent. They are until wipe which is soon and then the wasteland will once again be full loot harsh. So if you're a new player please use the time wisely to explore and have fun, you won't have it this easy soon

Have you hunted enclave yet for gatlings, avengers, plasma?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:51:39 pm by Hungry Hungry Shark »

Nithira

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2016, 05:07:42 pm »

Have you hunted enclave yet for gatlings, avengers, plasma?

I hunt brotherhood mostly. Before I really understood how to build and how armor pen works I tried to take on some enclave with a lsw and a plasma rifle (lol) but was cut down pretty quickly by the minigun. I hope to try them again soon with a group of big guns bursters. Hopefully the minigun guy can be dropped before his turn comes around.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »
You can even farm them solo; the only major rule really is to always take out the avenger minigun user first!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

These Ives Are Burly

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2016, 05:18:58 pm »
You can even farm them solo; the only major rule really is to always take out the avenger minigun user first!

This. Best hunted with a sturdy tank build and an XL in my opinion. Once you get the hang of it you will find your ammo supply will skyrocket fast and you'll have plenty weapons to vendor for better shit.

Aboba

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »
turn this gay mode off!!!