March 28, 2024, 12:35:34 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

How do you like the current progress ? (Comment why you chose that option)

Very positive
14 (45.2%)
Positive
11 (35.5%)
Neutral
3 (9.7%)
Negative
1 (3.2%)
Very negative
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Topic: Hanging Hills (4 Stage Dungeon) "Planning, Teasers and Ideas"  (Read 21349 times)

NexusWulf

• Try something new, it might be your new META.
    • View Profile
Re: Hanging Hills (4 Stage Dungeon) "Planning, Teasers and Ideas"
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
Status Update V 1.0

The Map "Surface" Stage 01 is done so far. the only thing that is now required is to add are techobjects such as walls and scrollblockers, besides those it will be probably things like balance tests etc. and putting goodies everywhere aswell critters and dem bad raider boys.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:06:50 pm by NexusWulf »
Welp im here now, too late to run away.

Make content, not complaints. -zekromo👑

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »
Status Update Stage 02 V0.01

This is just a rough layout and lemme tell you it has a impressive size.

The current mapsize goes with 236/199 Hexes almost more than 2 times the size as before !

have a peek on the rough planning.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:09:29 pm by NexusWulf »

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »
Status Update Stage 02 V0.03

Just now filled everything up and refined it with a certain pattern that will be actually the cave you are entering in Stage 02

Any wishes and suggestions are welcome IF there is a certain thing you want added. in one of the empty chambers.

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 10:36:54 am »
Hello everyone, sadly i am not progressing as fast as i did with Stage01, reasons are that i have never worked on a cave map and all over it is hard to get a proper looking layout with the walls. trying my best to deliver V0.1 today.

Rock On  8)

NexusWulf

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 10:43:00 pm »
Word of advice: Never try to be TOO ambitious. Stick to what you know, and what you can produce. Baby steps. Start small, then gradually (slowly) improve by challenging yourself with one new thing.

Your surface map looks good, but there's a ton of bugs. You need to learn to use the tech items before trying to make a cave. Caves require scripts and code; you'll need to link an entrance map and an enter map. If you can't do that stuff on your own, then don't bother making it. Baby steps.

Take your surface map, add the border hex blocks, then the screen blocks, then the exit grids. Once that's done start using the entrance blocks, then the wall blocks, then the solid object blocks.

If you try to over do it, or over challenge yourself, or get too ambitious your projects will eventually collapse out of frustration when you're breaking your mind over trying to figure out something you can't already. Waiting for help is even more stressful when it doesn't happen in a satisfying time frame.

Don't get discouraged, but remember that before you jump into the pool you'll need to learn to swim, AND before learning to swim, you'll need a bathing suit. Both require money, so you'll probably need a job lol...  Baby steps.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 11:51:26 pm »
Word of advice: Never try to be TOO ambitious. Stick to what you know, and what you can produce. Baby steps. Start small, then gradually (slowly) improve by challenging yourself with one new thing.

Your surface map looks good, but there's a ton of bugs. You need to learn to use the tech items before trying to make a cave. Caves require scripts and code; you'll need to link an entrance map and an enter map. If you can't do that stuff on your own, then don't bother making it. Baby steps.

Take your surface map, add the border hex blocks, then the screen blocks, then the exit grids. Once that's done start using the entrance blocks, then the wall blocks, then the solid object blocks.

If you try to over do it, or over challenge yourself, or get too ambitious your projects will eventually collapse out of frustration when you're breaking your mind over trying to figure out something you can't already. Waiting for help is even more stressful when it doesn't happen in a satisfying time frame.

Don't get discouraged, but remember that before you jump into the pool you'll need to learn to swim, AND before learning to swim, you'll need a bathing suit. Both require money, so you'll probably need a job lol...  Baby steps.

corosive i want to marry you , u wanna make some scripts for this puppie ?

on a serious note now , corosive is 100% right , better do other stuff till u get used to it. i know people who mapped alot and still are cursing at cavemapping.

on first level i would just remove the curbs which u are used to set some path , 1 tile size of a path isnt a good idea ... minimum in my book is 3 tiles ... the rest looks ok for your first attempt , just read what other people said here e.g. dont mix too much assets like VC into other stuff etc.

beside all that i wish you good luck and happy mapping.

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:02:30 am by FrankenStone »

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 06:36:14 pm »

why thank you alot, (why obvious things are obvious) i am not completly lost as in creating maps and desining layouts etc. but this Cave generator is a huge help, and that for i can finally deliver a proper looking map after having it reworked in a couple of days (real life stuff ...)

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 08:22:01 pm »
Status Update Stage02 V0.1

So after getting the "tiledmapper" the progress has be quite faster than expected. Take a look at the first room you will encounter in Stage02.

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 08:29:59 pm »
Status Update Stage02 V0.15

Righty-O delivering something i have just finished. What you guys think about that part of the Stage02 ?

(if someone could help me out on "how to add radiation" to areas i would grateful   ;D )

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2016, 09:48:11 pm »
Like +1 Make it bigger and add there some more toxic shit around.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2016, 03:09:04 pm »
Like +1 Make it bigger and add there some more toxic shit around.

Oh trust me it is big ^^ atleast 2 times bigger than Stage01

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2016, 07:07:02 pm »
Status Update 0.27

So adding a few more enemy types here and there ... but i am honest how about i let you guys decide ! the first 3 comments qouting me with some regular cave enemies as idea will be added in the following 3 production steps.

(noooo sadly no pic for now it could spoil too much of the fun what enemies you will encounter)

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2016, 06:59:28 pm »
Heya everyone, i actually have a stop for now cause i have to reconsider my ambitions to create this dungeon.

I need some answers to the following questions by people who have proper knowledge about this.

1. what would you say is a fair Level to enter this dungeon (it will host all kind of dangers and is supposed to be increasing from level 0 - 30+)

2. Will it be sufficent to have a 24-72 Hour real life Cool down for the mission (you can re-enter it for 4 IRL hours), aswell trying to get it working that people who enter the map will have this cooldown aswell instantly (so people cant just go in that mission and do it again right after they are done) (FYI i already have implemented a 6 player Maximum per Stage)

3. Is there an agreement that you can or can't place Powerarmors / Magic lockers in Maps, and if they contain it should it be harder to obtain?

4. Are there any certain rules written down for mapping so i dont have to ask anything else ? cause Kilgores "if the map is good" is not really a suitable guideline to work on or with maps.

Thanks for reading i would really appreciate some posts here so i can continue on my map balancing and hopefully deliver before wipe.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:02:07 pm by NexusWulf »

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 07:02:51 pm »
you should just make a complete map and let devs do the rest if they're interested in it. I don't think you should put any NPCs in it