April 19, 2024, 11:19:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Fonline experience  (Read 11939 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Fonline experience
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 06:21:09 pm »
@You players that complain about lack of Reloaded updates/ about wipe taking forever.

Soon. Soon. Soon. You will all bite you tongue. It's a NEW AGE for FOnline: Reloaded. We/you are getting that massive overhaul we/you deserve. FO2 lacks vision, but has some great ideas. It's just the overall presentation is so outdated that they also need a massive overhaul. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell there is no massive overhaul of F02 planned.

In between waiting for the Fonline true wipe day, you guys can expect the Ashes of Phoenix wipe to happen on April 23rd 2016! Play that instead of FO2. It's much more professional than F02!

Can i be your friend on facebook, please?

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 09:05:22 pm »
@You players that complain about lack of Reloaded updates/ about wipe taking forever.

Soon. Soon. Soon. You will all bite you tongue. It's a NEW AGE for FOnline: Reloaded. We/you are getting that massive overhaul we/you deserve. FO2 lacks vision, but has some great ideas. It's just the overall presentation is so outdated that they also need a massive overhaul. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell there is no massive overhaul of F02 planned.

In between waiting for the Fonline true wipe day, you guys can expect the Ashes of Phoenix wipe to happen on April 23rd 2016! Play that instead of FO2. It's much more professional than F02!

Can i be your friend on facebook, please?

Awesome gif dude

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Krizu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:48 pm »
I totally have faith for the new contents and updates in store for Reloaded, I do wanna say that :)

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »
I totally have faith for the new contents and updates in store for Reloaded, I do wanna say that :)
We all do! Lets hope it is as good as we have been alluded to believe :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

zato1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 11:25:04 pm »
i am really excited for changes to reloaded, but im also afraid kilgore doesn't want to upset the majority of community by making changes to combat that we need, specifically burst and tank perks.

most of these players in fonline PVP are delusional shitlords that pretend this game is a contest of skill, and act like winning is a zero-sum equation, when in reality, its the quality of a fight that matters more than the outcome.

for example, players only fighting in TC when their team numbers are 2:1 in order to ensure victory, when the truth is, more fun is had when fights are equal or mostly equal odds.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 11:51:27 pm »
i am really excited for changes to reloaded, but im also afraid kilgore doesn't want to upset the majority of community by making changes to combat that we need, specifically burst and tank perks.

you mean sniper nerf?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 11:09:10 am »

most of these players in fonline PVP are delusional shitlords that pretend this game is a contest of skill, and act like winning is a zero-sum equation, when in reality, its the quality of a fight that matters more than the outcome.

for example, players only fighting in TC when their team numbers are 2:1 in order to ensure victory, when the truth is, more fun is had when fights are equal or mostly equal odds.

pvp players were never majority in fonline
we are aware of problems in tanks and I believe that they are addressed in post-wipe mechanics.

zato1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:02 pm »

pvp players were never majority in fonline
we are aware of problems in tanks and I believe that they are addressed in post-wipe mechanics.

i believe i mis-typed, im aware that pvp players are only ~20% of the game, maybe only 10-15% are doing TC. i should have said that, the majority of players participating in TC PVP are the players with a toxic attitude. my experience with non-PVP or at least, non-hardcore PVP players, in hub and other areas, leads me to believe that most players have a healthy supportive mindset and understand that winning does not always mean fun, especially if victory is only gained through illegitimate terms. (current TC and casual PVP situation is unfortunately rife with exploits, log-off timers being ignored, etc etc)

im very glad to hear you've made changes to tanks, and i think that having the combat become more balanced will have a positive effect long-term on the whole server, by creating a more competitive environment for casual/non-TC PVP, thereby giving the game more "life expectancy" for players looking for PVP outside of TC scenarios.

i believe there is great untapped potential in this game for non-TC pvp, but its always been held back (fonline in general, not just reloaded) by artificial game difficulty in the form of requirement of "power builds" - something you're probably more familiar with than myself, even. PVP should be for everyone, not just the few tryhards who learned how to manipulate numbers favorably in 20 year old game engine.

besides PVP changes, im hoping there are some changes to item & caps economy as well, to adjust the scarcity factor to something that feels more "wasteland-ish" while still maintaining fun factor and eliminating pointless grind. (aka... that other server)

once the rate of accumulation (too high right now) and rate of decay (non-existent) are adjusted, i believe that this server could go for much longer periods between wipes.

the last thing i wanna see changed is limit of 2 implants per character... a fully implanted character is stupidly overpowered, and is not a reflection of anything positive on the player, but is merely a showcase of their ridiculous time investment into the game.

such mechanics that allow raw time investment to be the deciding factor in situations like casual PVP create a sour taste in the mouth of players that are looking for competition of wits and quick-thinking.

however, that being said, this is a "brain" game, not a "skill" game, and of course, fully implanted characters are not unkillable by any stretch of imagination, so its only a minor complaint... yet, i still feel its relevant enough to be considered.

thanks for replying to me directly, im sure you know already but im one of your biggest fans. keep up the good work and thank you for dedicating your time to running this game for us.

you're the hero we need but do not deserve!

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 04:00:38 pm »
I agree with the 2 implants. Just imagine what PvP characters would look like Irl hehe.... We would look like a cyborg with electric chips sticking out all over our bodies... Kek

hotsauce

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 06:35:08 am »
A good write up Zato - I agree.  I am all for a smaller difference between average joe and top players, as well as making the game easier to learn/understand and PVP more accessible.  To this effect I think first implant should be cheaper, the second/third more expensive.  I think in-game descriptions of perks/items should include specific details, like flat damage on fast shot.  Many weapons could be improved to be side-grades like HK CAWS is boring and flat out inferior to pancor - give it more damage less range, or more damage but requires more re-loads.  Same could be done for M60, assault rifle, FN FAL, 10mm SMG, etc.  Lots of ways to make them different but equally viable choices.

I don't play often but I am eager to see changes in the new update thx for all the work devs and fans!

PaRiAh the Scalper

• SoloCreep
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 03:41:00 am »
I was dreaming of making my very own fonline, browsing around and saw several incomplete projects. Solaire had one and I loved the world map pic of the hands holding the map, I wish I could program and shit so I could help but... I'm illiterate.
Solve et coagula LONG LIVE BASTARD BEARD (Remember the Night Rider)!!!!

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 01:52:51 am »
You can always start by reading tutorials, take your time, there's no rush. Baby steps. Learn to modify the stuff already in game before trying to make new stuff.

Dialog Tutorial
http://fodev.net/files/sdk/ArtOfDialogs.pdf

Kilgore's mapper tut
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=10031.0

Basic Dev Tut - By Slowhand
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9735.0

Adv Dev Tut - By Slowhand
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9733.0

Reloaded 2nd Season Source
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9569.0

FoDev Tutorial
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=29382.0

FOnline Engine uses Angelscript and some C#/+/+ (not sure which one to be exact, most likely c#)
Get a basic understanding of how to READ the code. You need to be able to understand what you're looking at.
What's important, what's just filler.

http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/sdk/docs/manual/doc_hello_world.html
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/sdk/docs/manual/index.html
http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/programming-by-example-adding-angelscript-to-a-game-part-1-r3521

PaRiAh the Scalper

• SoloCreep
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 02:48:11 am »
That is great information, I downloaded everything I need and I'm going threw the tutorials one by one. It would help if I had someone experienced to teach me as i construct  my very own project, but I'm game to learn anyway. Between work, school, wife, kids , and meth, I'll have to cram this in as well.
Solve et coagula LONG LIVE BASTARD BEARD (Remember the Night Rider)!!!!