Username:

Password:

Topic: Builds?  (Read 6801 times)

CabaniZzer

• View Profile
Builds?
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:56:57 pm »
Okay, so, I am just starting out, my first time playing

And I wanna know: What is a good build for a begginer? Something that I can PvP with, and you know, not get killed every five seconds.

Hungry Hungry Shark

Re: Builds?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:15:10 am »
off the top of my head, standard tank so you last longer than 5 seconds

st 7
pe 9
en 10
ch 1
in 1
ag 10
lk whatever is left

bonehead, fast shot

adrenaline rush, toughness, even tougher, stonewall, lifegiver, lifegiver, brof, action boy

energy weapons and first aid

use gatling for pvp, maybe rocket launcher, whatever you wanna for pve

use psycho, beer, cigs, nuka, buffout

Puntero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:55:34 am »

This is a full-tank PvP build which is working really well in teamfights and in most 1v1 cases. Use Gatling Laser against enemies with high normal resist (like other tanks) and XL/Pancor against targets using Jet like crit bursters.

Use drugs Shark mentioned (sometimes beer is questionable because it gives you 5% DR for 2 Perception, but it's your call).

You don't really need Fast Shot since it gives you 5 flat damage, I'd pick Small frame instead which gives you 1 SPECIAL point for some Carry Weight (pick Strong Back and Pack Rat support perks to compensate it), but it's also your call.

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 11:05:36 am »
best tank build which is kinda beginner friendly too

6 st + buff psych = 9 (y u miss 1st .. search for st implant its cheap)
10 pe + psycho cigs beer = 7 (important to have 10 base to have 7 on drugs to see 41 hex - 1 more then gat range even on beer.. most tanks do mistake by picking less pe and wasting points in lk)
10 en
1 ch
1 in
10 ag + nuka buffout = 10
1 lk

Bonehead fastshot

Ar tough evetougher lg lg brof stonewall manofsteel

With MoS 1 lk is not that big deal and you can tank aimshots on tc
Fastshot is important for tanks imo, if you deal sometimes like 50 dmg to other tanks +5 is +10% which is alot.. same when splasing enemies with nade or rocket launcher every target hitted get +5 .. definitely worth more than 1 lk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:22:56 am by Seki »

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 11:13:17 am »
Fastshot is important for tanks imo, if you deal sometimes like 50 dmg to other tanks +5 is +10% which is alot.. same when splasing enemies with nade or rocket launcher every target hitted get +5 .. definitely worth more than 1 lk

That beeing sad, fastshot often gives you that small advantage to make a single shot for only 2 ap to finish off some enemy that has like 10 hp left. With a 2 ap single shot i often had situations where i could finish enemies off before they were able to ate another stimpak. If i wait for the 5 ap to burst, they already took another super stim. In this case you should get used to the hotkeys to switch between firemodes very fast.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 11:58:36 am »
10 pe + psycho cigs beer = 7 (important to have 10 base to have 7 on drugs to see 41 hex - 1 more then gat range even on beer.. most tanks do mistake by picking less pe and wasting points in lk)
10 en
1 ch
1 in
1 lk

Bonehead fastshot

1lk + mos is really viable in pvp/pve? What if you don't take mos perk? How many luck is needed?
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 04:45:27 pm »
10 en
1 ch
1 in
1 lk

Bonehead fastshot

1lk + mos is really viable in pvp/pve? What if you don't take mos perk? How many luck is needed?

well look on the crittable and decide for yourself if u need luck or not ...

btw this are all high rolls 5 and 6 crit power rolls so random is god , if you think that u dont need protection against bypasses and you can avoid kos with perks i guess then u are fine unless the enemy rolls 6 crit power rolls all the time against you which wont happen from my experience , the high crit power rolls are really rare on enemy chars with propper perks and traits  haha ... and i think 6th crit power roll is impossible to score against a propper char and 5th doesnt look so scarry , but yeah all in all i think its not bad to reduce crit power and chance modifiers by perks , traits , armor and so on , so ofc you can roll with 1 luck mos and other crit power rolls dont have luck in them from what i can see , except blinded ko on 4th or so ... best is to look for yourself but i gave my opinin already , u can easy go with low luck mos to avoid higher rolls and chance to getting crit. im not familiar with if luck gives u additional crit resistance , you would have to look into it to see if some luck points really matter but from what i can tell from ingame experience i think it doesnt matter much , perks , traits armor are much more important than some special stats. and ofc 10 end kek

i dont have a clue how it works for bursts tho
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:01:35 pm by FrankenStone »

CabaniZzer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »
Wow thanks guys!

Really thank you!

I'm also having trouble with getting started, I can't find items or anything of the sort.

And everytime I try and travel someplace, a random encounter happens and I get murdered.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 01:19:04 am »
Tag outdoorsman otherwise as new player you'll have it hard travelling with low level. Add points to it first until 100.

Look up quests on wiki, do caravan box quest, get to lvl 2 and do tent quest http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=A_Tent_in_the_Wasteland

After tent quest you should have a folded tent, set it up somewhere next to city and public mine. Craft a sledgehammer and start mining

From mined resources you can craft stuff (press F in game), go to towns and sell it for caps to NPC (you have to check which item which npc buys, bartenders buy most things)

Use caps to buy skill books from librarian in Hub, buy science and repair books. Get science and repair to 100 through books so you can craft better stuff. Look up crafting professions on wiki.

You will get experience and some levels from crafting stuff, craft yourself some armor and weapon and go on caravans.

Grizzanmk2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »
off the top of my head, standard tank so you last longer than 5 seconds

st 7
pe 9
en 10
ch 1
in 1
ag 10
lk whatever is left

bonehead, fast shot

adrenaline rush, toughness, even tougher, stonewall, lifegiver, lifegiver, brof, action boy

energy weapons and first aid

use gatling for pvp, maybe rocket launcher, whatever you wanna for pve

use psycho, beer, cigs, nuka, buffout

He said he wants a build for beginners, why even bother giving him a "tank" that needs to use all type of drugs otherwise it's useless.
>lk whatever is less
Then cry that you get critically hit a lot of times with baypasses, oh I am a tank so I don't need Luck.

OP,
I suggest you to do a PvE character first that's able to farm some stuff, and craft too if you're new into the game.
Then I'd think about PvP alt, or reroll existing character if you feel you don't need it anymore.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:56:27 pm by Grizzanmk2 »
Spoiler: show
RIP 2238

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 02:59:10 am »
I've played a lot of Melee builds, but they always come up lacking. Any suggestions on good HTH build that isn't ONLY for 1v1?

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 06:29:04 am »
Pretty sure the original topic is over. But if after a week or two things haven't progressed, I'd recommend a high agility, 10 str crafting/gatherer character.

Then just mine, and craft items to sell.

After a while use those resources to support and level a tank build. Unless you've got support starting off from 0 as a tank won't get you anywhere.
In Maintenance Mode.