April 30, 2024, 05:28:09 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: make players able to open bartering counters  (Read 2425 times)

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
make players able to open bartering counters
« on: July 06, 2016, 03:44:03 pm »
now i know, that would require some coding, but really, game needs this. players can't trade low amounts of stuff (for example 100 super stimpaks or a statted sniper rifle) at forum because it's not worth while nor would anyone buy low amounts of stuff via forum because it requires some time (different timezones between players etc.) and players may not comment to someone's posts even though they're interested with their items because they may be not using forum or may miss the post at all. my idea is; add option to open a bartering counter with an item which being sold from some important public npc (for example general store at hub) for infinite amounts and with a fair price (2000 caps maybe?).  bartering tables would use one or two hexes so they wouldn't block people on their way. bartering counters would be able to have a message on them (for example; no discounts but maybe trades) and people would be able to put notes on the table (similar to pms, but not all, for example it'd be like this: "hit me on public ts3 so we can talk about what i can give about that bk's robe") to contact the seller.

what benefits game can gain with this:

* add an actual thing which you can benefit even when you're afk
* new players could earn some caps (for example selling their bulked broc flowers and xander roots for higher lv players to craft stimpaks)
* would totally add some movement and a reason to visit hub
* would add a reason to check game sometimes

and lots of other things which i can't think of right now!

whaddya guys n gals think?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:51:48 pm by emrebnk »

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
Re: make players able to open bartering counters
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:40 pm »
Sounds like TB trading when you can do RT trading on radio 0

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »
Fonline 2 as table for trading by players. I think that's what would be the best idea. Which means you drop stuff at a table with price you want for it and people can go and buy your stuff for said price

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:42:31 pm »
Sounds like TB trading when you can do RT trading on radio 0

sounds like something meanful at this time where players don't care about having a radio because it's nothing but a hellhole which people just spam when they're bored

Fonline 2 as table for trading by players. I think that's what would be the best idea. Which means you drop stuff at a table with price you want for it and people can go and buy your stuff for said price

i didn't play Fonline2 enough to learn it at all for all those years, is that table for public or personal use? if it's for personal use then great, that's exactly what i'm talking about. if it's public, wouldn't it be kinda complicated and bad because people can't ask the seller for a trade or a discount?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:44:29 pm by emrebnk »

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 06:52:10 pm »
problem with fonline2 is that there arent enough tables for all players, so making only the hardcore grinders rich who are lucky to get one table due to 24/7 playing

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 07:18:37 pm »
problem with fonline2 is that there arent enough tables for all players, so making only the hardcore grinders rich who are lucky to get one table due to 24/7 playing

yes! that's what i'm talking about, if people can open a table in just one or two hexes, there wouldn't be any problem at all.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 07:55:49 pm »
Make one table with NPC which via dialog prints list of players, click on name open his barter so 1 NPC/table can hold many players.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 09:20:06 pm »
jarok +1
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:35:21 pm »
Jarok has the right idea. 1 NPC/Table that can hold items from different players. Maybe have a tax on selling/buying items.
However, as of writing this, I am finding an issue about this. Players who sell gear like this in their vendor may have their items traded for a stockpile of worthless gear instead of something worthy. Perhaps a strict guideline on what is wanted for the items, such as a parameter for "caps only" or "100% Gear." This would prevent abuse of the player owned merchants.

Either way, no matter how it is done, player owned merchants is something highly needed. Being able to sell statted gear and rare items through a personal trader would be faster and far more efficient than posting on the forum. GG for suggestion Emre.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 02:17:44 pm »
Jarok has the right idea. 1 NPC/Table that can hold items from different players. Maybe have a tax on selling/buying items.
However, as of writing this, I am finding an issue about this. Players who sell gear like this in their vendor may have their items traded for a stockpile of worthless gear instead of something worthy. Perhaps a strict guideline on what is wanted for the items, such as a parameter for "caps only" or "100% Gear." This would prevent abuse of the player owned merchants.

Either way, no matter how it is done, player owned merchants is something highly needed. Being able to sell statted gear and rare items through a personal trader would be faster and far more efficient than posting on the forum. GG for suggestion Emre.

+1 for 1 npc table who buys good gear for caps and sells the gear for caps only, no barter

Leftover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 04:03:57 pm »
in fo2 ~40 shopkeepers selling players private stuff. to that in bank is open possibility to sell items to other players, some kind of auction. tax in shopkepers is 7%, in auction 10% per sale. it works very well. capitalism is good. ;)