April 29, 2024, 07:33:32 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Need some build advice. PvE  (Read 4455 times)

Arcturus

• View Profile
Need some build advice. PvE
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »
I am basically looking for a small guns build mainly for PvE. Normal and/or energy based.

Right now I have this build planned but appreciate some insight from more experienced players. I want to survive a couple of hits from players just long enough to run away. Gonna make seperate character for crafting and another for PvP if I decide to do it.

S: 6 (for carry weight)
P: 7
E: 10
C: 1 (Not planning on having a horde of followers)
I: 8
A: 10
L : 1

Perks: Skilled, Small Frame or Fast Shot

Skills: Small Guns, Outdoorsman and Repair.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:49:13 pm by Arcturus »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Need some build advice. PvE
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 10:34:38 am »
I would go for a 5 ST build, just skip small frame and you will have enough carry weight. SKilled will make your character crappy, and since you have 8 INT already you don't need it. Take fast shot and bonehead as traits.
Also don't tag repair, this skill is capped at 125 points and very easy to raise if you purchased and read the skill books (available at the hub, the building just north of the gunshop when you spawn in the middle of the town). You need lockpick more, it can't be increased by skill books and it's still very usefull for the mutie quest or locker hunting.
Tag fisrt aid instead, and raise it to 180 before level 24, take the medic perk (halfes FA cooldown, very usefull for PVE). I would also lower the perception and increase the luck for crit resist and FA reliability. By yourself some science books too as soon as you created the character and get the support perk in the library (followers of the apocalypse) that gives +2 extra skill points for each level (you can take that at lvl 2).
I would go for SG, EW and FA tagged, or just one weapon skill and lockpick.

Arcturus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:05:06 pm »
So if I am reading your post correctly, I want this build?

S: 5
P: 5
E: 10
C: 1 (Not planning on having a horde of followers)
I: 7 (if including -1 from bonehead)
A: 8
L : 3

Perks: Bonehead and Fast Shot

Skills: Small Guns, Lockpick and First Aid.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 12:02:12 am »
I would go for the minimum perception, you want to spawn close to the enemy anyway for hexing:

S 5 P 1 E 10 C 1 A 9 I 9 L 4

Fast shot+Bonehead

SG/BG/EW you choose (m60 is very good for farming) lockpick and FA

Adrenaline rush, toughness, even tougher, lifegiver, lifegiver, bonus rate of fire, man of steel, medic

You don't see shit, but you have good crit resistance, decent carry weight and high int to raise all the secondary skills you need for a crafter.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 05:06:27 pm »
Low PE on a PvE character is also what i suggest. It's just PvE. However, mine is different...

ST 5: Allows Adrenaline Rush.
PE 1: You can still see. For PvE, it's not like wearing a blindfold. Just be careful.
EN 10: Yeah it's "just" PvE but you still need Hit Points when you hit Ares or the GR quest.
CH 1: Even with CH 1, it is possible to get 3 Companion followers.
IN 3: No limit to levels, so don't waste points here!
AG 10: Man, you need to be fast, in everything you do.
LK 10: Have confidence that you did everything you could to give best chance of special things.

Trait 1: Fast Shot. I guess.
Trait 2: Good Natured. So human companions are maxed at 4, and underpowered. But for PvE, these Traits don't matter as much, so eventually I invite you to explore Companions. It takes a while to find one with PE 10, EN 10, and AG 10, but they do exist and guys do find them. With CH only 1, you can get 3 max, but only with Good Natured. Imagine you find that "dead guy under a tree" Special Encounter, and you want to try to solo the implant bunker. Now imagine you have some companions there with you, each armed with Pancor Jackhammers and loaded with EMP shells. You told them to stand at range, so the enemy hits mainly you. Now you're shooting targets with 4 guns simultaneously instead of only your 1. This thinking leads me to suggest Charisma 2 (Intelligence 2) so you can get all 4 Companion followers. (Requires a Charisma implant, but this is one of the implants players are most willing to sell.)

Tag Big Guns
Yeah, it's easier to level up Small Guns with skill books now. That's why tagging some gun skill other than Small Guns makes sense to me, because with books you can get SG up to like 120 with no leveling. Might as well tag Big Guns, so you end up able to use both! (BG typically do more damage).

Tag Doctor
Guys tag FA nowadays. It's a solid choice, but I tag Doctor because hey, truth is I'm going to get both Doc and FA to max 200, but the sooner I get Doc 100, the sooner I can craft drugs for massive xp. Upside: craft drugs sooner, tons of xp. Downside, takes longer to boost FA which is the one we all want more. (But with all the drug-crafting xp, don't you solve that problem?)

Tag Outdoorsman
Standard default for all characters. OD 150 allows faster walking on map, which is very useful for getting back to a fight. Also, it has been said that max OD helps to find Special Encounters.

Adrenaline Rush: During a fight, as your Hit Points go down, you get tougher.
Quick Pockets: Go to Ares Rocket Silo, or the GR quest. You reload many many times. QP saves you a ton of AP.
Even Tougher: Standard default perk on almost all characters.
Lifegiver: 40 more Hit Points makes this a clear choice.
Action Boy: Your AP recharges 10% faster.
Bonus Rate of Fire: Standard default perk on almost all characters.
Lifegiver: 30 more HP is hard to beat.
Even More Critical: With Luck 10 and this perk, you'll sometimes do crazy high damage bursts! Fun for the whole family!

Leveling with Low Intelligence
IN 3 (or even 2) means you just need to pop some Mentats to do some easy quests for early leveling. After that, it's just hunting and crafting. At first, just keep boosting Big Guns to 180 so you can get BRoF.

Drugs
Well it's PvE so you don't need them most of the time. But with AG 10, you can use a "Buffout Nuka Cocktail" to get ST 7 with no penalty. Then of course, use Psycho to turbocharge your Damage Resistance. And with PE 1, you get "Liquid Toughness" (beer) with no penalty!

If you use all of these, then try Jet. Optional. I bet you will love the speed increase.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:36:15 pm by Henry »

BastianS14

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:31:02 am »
what build do you recomend for searching SE?

Dende

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 06:05:45 am »
what build do you recomend for searching SE?
If i remember correctly its at least lvl 30 with 100 outdoors luck doesn't matter but as for me all my se where with high luck chars. Higher outdoors is better to skip more encounter that are not se.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 06:11:56 am »
SE can be found without outdoorsman, and with characters level 24~18 it doesn't have to be level 30+

Though if you hunt for them OD will let you skip around until you get forced into a special encounter.

Luck really has no effect, always had 1 luck and I found lots of SE during my gameplay. Its not 100% but some locations seem to spawn good caves, and bunkers more often than other places.
In Maintenance Mode.

Dende

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 06:15:14 am »
SE can be found without outdoorsman, and with characters level 24~18 it doesn't have to be level 30+

Though if you hunt for them OD will let you skip around until you get forced into a special encounter.

Luck really has no effect, always had 1 luck and I found lots of SE during my gameplay. Its not 100% but some locations seem to spawn good caves, and bunkers more often than other places.
Am sorry i messed up thats for the milatray bunker a lvl 30 and 100od is required for that as you can look in the sdk.