March 28, 2024, 10:55:35 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Adapt penalties for cheating.  (Read 1170 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Adapt penalties for cheating.
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:47:41 pm »
At current - if I go and make some alts, and multilog/farm Worldmap for SE; the punishment is that my alts will be deleted or banned.

Whilst all the "benefit" of this cheating, like T4 gear and Implants will be in possession of my main PVP chars or faction mates.

PENALTIES for cheating in this way should target the main chars of the user who is cheating; not the useless alt that doesn't matter; and certainly shouldn't be a short ban if "botting and Zombieing" is what we are trying to avoid; when another alt can instantly be made

EXAMPLES:
#1 Dave Locker just got banned for this for 30 days. 
But the main char is Shamesa, and the peacekeepers who have been cheating and benefitting from 2+SE per day are laughing about it.

Shamesa can go make Dave Locker2 right now; and do the same thing, and the ban is useless and subverted.

#2 Plugawa is the same thing.  This is not plug's main, and SW + Plug now reap the benefit of the cheating without penalty.

Just my two cents if the administration wants to curb this behavior.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:49:52 pm by Gargantua »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adapt penalties for cheating.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:55:33 pm »
In the past there were extreme cases where whole bases, characters, IPs were deleted/banned, so there is nothing to change.