April 29, 2024, 11:31:25 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: tracking people down  (Read 2009 times)

borkolok

• View Profile
tracking people down
« on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:11 am »
1/you can ask bartenders about the location of a certain player and they'll give you some clues.
      - 1st clue : east/north/west/south parts of the world map
      - 2nd clue: closest city
      - 3rd clue: closest city/landmark
      - 4th clue:  the square
      - 5th clue: exact location + vehicle(if any) + direction
2/every bartender has a chance to reveal the 5th clue depending on how many you already asked about that same player.
    it starts at 10% and rises by 10% for each bartender.

also you can pay 10k caps to any bartender to get the location of a random tent owned by that player.

j/k about the tent thing )))

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: tracking people down
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:05:50 am »
Maybe tracking activity instead of specific players?

Asking bartenders in different towns, could point you toward the action, a non-private location/area/map in a radius, like 5-6 squares, that has the most players. Bartender would do that for a tip, and the answer given would be 8 direction, N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW, and for a bigger tip the rough number of players, like, a few 1-4, several 5-9, pack 10-14, lots 15+.

Edit: Optional the distance, like just outside town 1 tile, close 2-3 tiles, a bit to the [direction] 3-5, far away 5+
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:08:59 am by Slowhand »

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:40 am »
Maybe tracking activity instead of specific players?

Asking bartenders in different towns, could point you toward the action, a non-private location/area/map in a radius, like 5-6 squares, that has the most players. Bartender would do that for a tip, and the answer given would be 8 direction, N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW, and for a bigger tip the rough number of players, like, a few 1-4, several 5-9, pack 10-14, lots 15+.

Edit: Optional the distance, like just outside town 1 tile, close 2-3 tiles, a bit to the [direction] 3-5, far away 5+

This would be damn cool!

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:49:02 pm »
Khans love this cause they'll be able to follow me everywhere :D

But suggestion is bad it'll be abused so badly

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:35:28 pm »
I think it's a great suggestion if implemented right.  There needs to be more ways to find more players more often.

Obviously tracking devices, access to tents, precise locations are out;  but this is a good suggestion. Maybe having a bartender say,  I've been hearing that zones  30-50, 20-30  have been hot.  Or another character like that would be good.

That or implement something like a dog tracker, which will report other characters on the map every square you enter.  So you don't have to enter encounter/leave encounter all the time to see who else is travelling near.

Neither of these would be particularly abusable; and quite frankly useful.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:56 pm »
Well, the direction is not too precise, and this information would be only available for caps, as a money sink. It's obvious that my version of the suggestion would be used by alts all the time, but if the cost right, it's not too abuseable. Maybe it could be a small step to make caps have value thorough all season, not only after wipe.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »
That's a great idea slow hand.  I like it.  I don't think they have to give direction, just current square, or a radius around a square.   Then you can check the direction yourself with a few scans.

I wouldn't make it player specific.  Maybe it just gives you random WM player coords... ?

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 03:48:53 pm »
That's a great idea slow hand.  I like it.  I don't think they have to give direction, just current square, or a radius around a square.   Then you can check the direction yourself with a few scans.

I wouldn't make it player specific.  Maybe it just gives you random WM player coords... ?

Except for that you can encounter player in 9 or 6 zone radius. So it is most definitely just "I want to PK someone" tool, or "I will dual log to check if TC enemies are around town". I mean, well whatever suits community here, but I feel like this is not too great of an idea.

Peace