May 23, 2024, 02:50:28 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Weapon upgrades, more perk/trait ideas, other stuff.  (Read 1818 times)

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
Weapon upgrades, more perk/trait ideas, other stuff.
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:36:53 pm »
An improved sight upgrade for a sniper rifle that would improve crit chance (since you'd be able to hit the target better). Maybe extended ammo storage for all shotties and pistols. The upgrades would of course be non-craftable, and hopefully found rarely in a way not determined by TC, since I don't think all the good items in the game should come from TC lockers.
Also maybe a trait that would add 2-3 AP but cut your natural total health (As in, the HP you'd have without any lifegivers) in half.
Perk for healers to not turn visible after healing someone, but you'd need to cap first aid AND have 175 sneak. Possibly make a cost of 2x longer cooldown. I had a cool idea for a field medic char and planned a build before realizing I'd get shot right after healing someone. The high cost and penalty is to prevent spamming.
Not sure how it is now, but maybe edit the needler pistol so that the poison % is increased with higher doctor/first aid skills. This would allow yet another build type into TC, someone who stealths and poisons enemies. Maybe make a kind of ammo that requires more antidote to reduce the poison effect. As is the needler gun is pretty useless, and it makes me sad since it's such a neat idea.
There should be a rare 'mirrored' helmet of sorts you can find that lessens the chance of crit headshots, again found rarely.
I'm hoping these items are so uncommon that they aren't tossed around like UV tosses around PA. Hell, maybe even make them a rare encounter reward like the vertibird.

All this is because I feel atm there's only two or three things you can do for a PvP build, and it'd be neat to have more options and enough variety to coordinate and plan for TC teams.
I could just be an idiot though. :P
Lemme know what you think, and feel free to mention what could make these harder to abuse.

Edit; Oh, and maybe some other ways to get DR up. Not everyone wants to make a drug build. Possibly an incredibly hard dungeon with an npc at the end you can talk to for a +5, but the +5 is disabled if you take any drugs.

Edit edit; Also unrelated but I'm not gonna make another thread for it, there should be a fight club location where only close combat is allowed so that close combat is no longer useless. Maybe some special armors for close combat that has bonuses to str and ap, dr, etc when improved or unique. Ban PA and CA from the close combat location. Kind of like Hinkley, but they let you bring in anything on an approved items list and people can join in tournaments of pvp or pve, with rewards for the winner.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:47:10 pm by Blix »
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Strike

Re: Weapon upgrades, more perk/trait ideas, other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »
+1

I'm always up for new perks and traits, as long they are balanced for FOnline. I really would like to have 14mm Pistol with extended magazine, and maybe we see it after wipe?

Edit; Oh, and maybe some other ways to get DR up. Not everyone wants to make a drug build. Possibly an incredibly hard dungeon with an npc at the end you can talk to for a +5, but the +5 is disabled if you take any drugs.

Perks, implants, drugs.. I think there is too many ways to get DR/DT already. Please, use armor :D

Edit edit; Also unrelated but I'm not gonna make another thread for it, there should be a fight club location where only close combat is allowed so that close combat is no longer useless. Maybe some special armors for close combat that has bonuses to str and ap, dr, etc when improved or unique. Ban PA and CA from the close combat location. Kind of like Hinkley, but they let you bring in anything on an approved items list and people can join in tournaments of pvp or pve, with rewards for the winner.

Devs have no time for close combat, it seems like people forgot close combat already. Also there is good suggestion for close combat event:

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=5832.0
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:37:56 pm by Strike »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »
Not sure if y'all know, but there is an unarmed arena under the Maltese Falcon. You can bet against each other and the winner takes the caps. But it's very basic, all you can do if fight naked.

Strike

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »
Not sure if y'all know, but there is an unarmed arena under the Maltese Falcon. You can bet against each other and the winner takes the caps. But it's very basic, all you can do if fight naked.
I do know about it, but it just seems to be "shell" for actual boxing arena idea. They should add some generic events there, to make it more interesting. Now there isn't much players that use that arena.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »
These changes you suggest would cause a lot of imbalance in PvP.

There is arena under Hub. If you want more specific rules or something, you can arrange a fight in any empty location, to be honest, such things happened in the past.