May 13, 2024, 06:34:43 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: newbie questions  (Read 5382 times)

Gorishimo

• View Profile
newbie questions
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »
Hello all, I am a old Fallout enthusiast that recently started to play this mod with a friend. We are really enjoying the game except for perhaps the lack of sound effects and music sometimes.

We had two questions and I apoligise if the awnsers are abvious but I had no luck in finding the awnsers on wiki and the posted guids.

1) Is it possible to add friends to a list for easier communication, if so how?

2) Is it posible to form a group and travle around easier, if so how?

Thanks a lot gents and I regret finding out about this mod so late.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:07:51 pm »
There is no in-game "Buddy List" if that's what you mean, but you can green or red a character manually when you see them by using the click-menu on a character and choosing halo or devil horns. Figure out the namecolorizing thing for advanced options. 

Use the same click-menu on a character to follow someone. When done correctly, you'll see a carrot over that character's head. If not, press T to check. You should also see a carrot over a character's head if they are following you. Then get the party close to each other near an exit grid - leader steps out and followers should get prompts to follow.

Watch out for taggers - sneaky characters who wait in Sneak mode near an exit grid to follow you to your safe place, kill you and loot your tent. Always check your party list when traveling on the map.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 11:10:26 pm »
Cheers bud

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:19:27 am »
So after a nice gaming session last night we had a couple more questions to ask if you fellas don't mind.

Watch out for taggers - sneaky characters who wait in Sneak mode near an exit grid to follow you to your safe place, kill you and loot your tent. Always check your party list when traveling on the map.
Is that the only way for someone to discover your tent? We noticed that the game tells you if other players are in your zone and we figured that that was also a way to find people their tents.

We noticed that you can make locks with the fixboy, what exactly are these used for?

What is the easiest way to heal in combat? Placing stimpacks and healing powders in a weapon slot or? I died a couple times by panicking and messing up the healing.

All in all, great mod (y)

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 11:33:53 am »
healing: you can define shortcuts (ff2338.config or the other config.exe in your fallout directory). you can bind  items  you want to use to specific hotkeys. afaik that doesnt work for firstaid (hotkey to heal yourself). you dont need to have those healing items in your primary or secondary weapon slot. inventory is enough.

other player finding your tent(s): does only work if you
a) upgrade your tent fire with some wood and make map which u lose in battle (u shouldnt carry it around at all)
b) or player tagged you close to exit grid and follows you.

they can not enter your tent location even if they are at same square. it is just for letting you know if you enter a random encounter that they can find you perhaps
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:38:30 am by triqua »

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 12:11:55 pm »
I will have a look in the config then.

Thank you triqua

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 12:36:11 am »
Tonight we went to Klamath to get the Gecko Skinning perk and get some pelts but after we got the perk we still found our selfs unable to skinn them. We had a knife. Does it require a diffrent tool?

Also, is your running speed and action point regeneration effected by your agility like in the newer Fallouts? Our current studies say no.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:40:00 am by Gorishimo »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 02:42:23 am »
look in your character's list of perks. If Gecko Skinning is in that list, then yes you can skin geckos. The only geckos you cannot skin would be the ones in public places like inside Gecko mine. Find them in the wild and you can skin them - no knife needed.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 12:20:32 pm »
look in your character's list of perks. If Gecko Skinning is in that list, then yes you can skin geckos. The only geckos you cannot skin would be the ones in public places like inside Gecko mine. Find them in the wild and you can skin them - no knife needed.
Yeah we thought to be clever and skinn some Geckos at Klamath, but I guess that explains it. Thanks.

Strike

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 03:06:58 pm »

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »
Also, remember to use wiki.
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I have, but still thank you. It has been very helpfull explaining the craft system and how and where to get the right proffesions. But when in doubt; poast

Also, I wish I was able to delete the tent locations that I copied from my friends QQ

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 11:05:35 am »
New day, new question

I have been having a lot of fun with the crippler build using the .223 pistol and the sniper rifle but I was wondering if I could use the Light Support Weapon or the Laser Rifle to?

Laser Rifle has what looks like great damage and range, and while the LSW does less damage then the .223 pistol it does shoot further and it can burst.

So my question would be, can I be a crippler using those two weapons or will I be waisting my skill points and caps?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:49 pm »
Hmm,

You can always count on bypass with Your Laser Rifle and when it comes to LSW = dont do that.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »
Thanks bud, I appreciate the help.

VaultDweller101

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
I just started FOnline Reloaded and after i register and everything I spawn in a small hole and i can't get out of it.I tried using the map, the ladder, everything. All that is in the small whole is a bed, a ladder and rocks. I tried using everything to get out. Can anyone help?