May 09, 2024, 11:33:28 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Balance] Craftable gatling laser  (Read 5370 times)

Flre

• View Profile
[Balance] Craftable gatling laser
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:09:42 am »
Sorry for my bad english.
Hello, i would like to see craftable gatling laser here, and to prevent upcoming trolling i will explain why. I did some tests at Hinkley and outside with my teammate, and i realized that gatling is worse than avenger, and the problem is in bonuses. You can craft avenger with +dmg, - ap, etc, and you cant do the same with gatling, so it's basically cant be better than avenger. Of course gatling's damage should be lower than avengers, because it has better range, but without -ap for example, this weapon is a bit useless.
If i missed something, or you disagree with me, just type and explain your point of view. I hope topic will be clear from trolling.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:16:23 am by Flre »

SporePlants

• View Profile
Re: [Balance] Craftable gatling laser
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 01:08:35 am »
I agree.
Proud defender of law and justice in the wastes.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:48:33 am »
or bring back pay n spray for laser gatling crit builds XD

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 05:27:04 am »
Avenger is useless on a non-Avenger alt and requires 2 or 3 specialized perks that don't scale all that well with the remaining BG-class weapons.
Gatling scales with crit perks and performs well with base damage, which makes it a perfect sidearm on any Bazooka alt or a good main gun on a dedicated tank.

Basically, the only thing that those guns have in common is the fact that they have multiple barrels, so you shouldn't be comparing them side by side like that.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

krausser666

• TLS godlike buggy-lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:03:05 am »
I disagree. Gatling and Avenger are two different weapons, one EW, one BG. I dont think adding Gatling as a craftable weapon will make a balance. Even if its nerfed, imagine Unique Gatling Laser with -1ap, crit and dmg modifiers in hand of good built player. I think its good as it is now.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:37 am »
i am for gatling BP !!!

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:21 pm »
or bring back pay n spray for laser gatling crit builds XD
Crits are working without spray and pray, i already checked it.
I disagree. Gatling and Avenger are two different weapons, one EW, one BG. I dont think adding Gatling as a craftable weapon will make a balance. Even if its nerfed, imagine Unique Gatling Laser with -1ap, crit and dmg modifiers in hand of good built player. I think its good as it is now.
I understand, and i can agree with some things (for example gatling builds are extremely tanky, so giving them huge dmg and 40 hex range may cause troubles), but i don't understand why we cant compare them, because its highest tier weapon, and damage mechanics is the same as avengers. And if we will compare regular ave and regular gatling, they will be basically very similar and ballanced to each other. But if we will compare - ap + min +max ave and regular gatling - man, come on, avenger will be better in every single situation...

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »
true, main problem is -ap reduce is we compare av <> gatling

Strike

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »
+1 to craftable gatling laser!

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 02:34:09 pm »
Wow just no, gatling with +25 min/max dmg would be just goddamn to powerfull and another set of whine waves will go (probably from Jacky too)

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »
perteks maby ask "nerf Jacky becasue he is 1hexing bbs", for me dmg bonus is retarded in fo:r
I suggested better idea:
+1-4 min/max dmg for single bullet will solve your problem
now we have stupid % min/max dmg

49-99 + even 4min and 3max dmg wont change anything but you were to brilliant to understand it.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 03:23:52 pm »
And you are too dumb to get that your whining is just stupid whining.
Like i said you gonna whine if that suggestion will pass. You already show that you don't think about what you suggest.

Gatlings are good right now like that no need to boost them by making craftable.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »
just bring back spray n pay , than i donate and reroll my chars xD

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 04:07:35 pm »
I dunno, I've thought about it, and I can't bring myself to say it's a good idea, despite maining a Gatling Laser character in TC since it's started.

49-99 damage with +25% min/max? 61-123 base Gatling Laser damage, maybe with a -1 AP for two bursts in a 10 AP round?

I just don't think that will help balance in any way. The Gatling Laser is very good where it is right now, highly damaging but you have to pick your opponents because of how hard it can be countered by Metal Mk2s or Tesla.

Nice Boat is right when he says the Gatling Laser and Avenger are very different beasts. I mean, one hits 4 rounds at max range and the other hits 14, they're not really supposed to be compared. Gatling Lasers are for tanky builds and Avengers are for BRDs. Anyone who takes 2 BRDs and MRD for a Gatling Laser build is missing the point entirely.

This however does not mean I think Avengers are balanced very well right now, but that's another thing. A nerf to 5mm AP might be in order here, honestly, when a max tankiness build with a ridiculous amount of DR is the only way to survive more than 2 bursts (one 10 AP round with BROF and -1 AP Avenger) from an Avenger at range, it means that the Avenger is a guaranteed kill on people without Adrenaline Rush, 2 Tough, Psycho, multiple Lifegivers, etc.

To counter a Gatling Laser you don't need most of your perks for it, you just need a Metal Mk2, and that's the beauty of the balance of the weapon with its highly damaging capabilities.

Something for Kilgore to maybe keep in mind if he wants the Avenger to stay this powerful is removing the ability to craft it for -1 AP +25% Min/Max damage, but that's for another wipe, since every TC I pick up like multiple of them from corpses, too many are already flowing through the economy to remove it and think that's a fix.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 04:28:50 pm »
I don't want dmg bonus but -ap