May 11, 2024, 05:10:16 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

What do you think about the server while we are waiting for wipe ?

Reset the server because it can take long time for truly new session and we want to have fun
56 (61.5%)
I don't know...
2 (2.2%)
Let the things be as they are now.
25 (27.5%)
I don't think that this is a good Idea, even more players can leave.
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Topic: RESET the server  (Read 21595 times)

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
Re: RESET the server
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 09:28:02 am »
I am for a full wipe on completion of work.

Strike

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »
Voted for the reset, I have just no interest to play right now as everything will be the same as ever.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 03:03:57 pm »
Leave things alone, unless we have an update to go with the reset.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »
Leave things alone, unless we have an update to go with the reset.

Read carefully what Kilgore has written...

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 03:43:25 pm »
Ohhhhhh.. My bad, I just noticed. Yeah, reset sounds nice.

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »
Server reset should come with a package of various updates and since they are not rolling out continously because of the dev team working on entire new session, in my opinion server reset at the moment is pointless - just to grind again for 3-6 months and then proper wipe and new, updated session.

So no.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 04:14:36 pm »
Well TECHNICALLY, the reset/update would be Reloaded 2.0... Second session sounds nice  ;D Then when the wipe comes out, 3.0. Sounds fine to me.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »
Server reset should come with a package of various updates and since they are not rolling out continously because of the dev team working on entire new session, in my opinion server reset at the moment is pointless - just to grind again for 3-6 months and then proper wipe and new, updated session.

So no.

Guys please... Do I have to make you read Kilgore's post every time YOU ask about updates coming with the RESET ?
Read his first message pl0x...

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 04:33:22 pm »

So no.

Guys please... Do I have to make you read Kilgore's post every time YOU ask about updates coming with the RESET ?
Read his first message pl0x...

I read his post and personaly I want to wait for complete new session will all new updates at once. I do not need the couple of small updates today, simple. I just do not like half measures personally, I have no problem with waiting, game is still fun for me even with all the bugs, unabalanced stuff and other.

If people will vote towards a server reset then Im also fine with it, dont care that much about the voting results.
Just posting my personal opinion against reset if I can.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »
Think about it in another way, wiping and making implants disapear or very rare will make everybody at the same level.
Sure buyable implants balanced things up a bit but still it cost money, everithing related to grinding isnt very appealing etc.. With a wipe at level 24 you rdy to rumble and try pvp right now with friends and get into it for real try tc etc..
Its very good for new and old players. Some fresh air in the game.
Not talking about self fa/doc hotkeys, removable roofs customisables in option, very rares turbo/implants and maybe more...
Keep voting people.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 05:19:14 pm »
I already said once that when I was writing my post there was no Kilgore's one...I said sorry once for that and should be enough...if you read so carefuly than you should notice that dear Urukhai...
GUN FOR HIRE

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 05:20:12 pm »
Better question is, what do people expect to be changed if the server just resets instead of the wipe that would bring some patches/fixes/new stuff or whatever is planned.
What will change? People already formed gangs, they'll just form them again most likely with the same people. People know how to easily get stuff in this version, a reset wouldn't change anything on that one - so people would easily get farmed once again.

If this reset passes, it's just another reset before the wipe comes. This reset won't last as long as this session did. It'll be just till the wipe.

Votes like this are silly without comments, it could be a bunch of a newcomers just seeing the vote and voting for restart just for sake of them getting some "chance", which they wouldn't really use as older players would just overpower the newbies eventually.

I mean hey, I haven't played for like sixth month now, but surely things couldn't have changed that much, since my last visit.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:28:20 pm by Knife_cz »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 05:39:48 pm »
We COULD make full server reset (basically a wipe) but I understand that without any update it would not be awesome. I'm pretty sure we can include an update - several new features (hex shooting or shared experience for PvE, for example), many interface improvements (new binds useful for PvP, or roof/wall on/off switch), few drug managements features, in-game reroll feature and more, maybe a beta-version of new/old pvp mode as well. That would of course come with the removal of all characters and world save which means all players would have a fresh start again.

AND it wouldn't change nothing about coming wipe (full update), which will happen anyway when we're ready.

Better question is, what do people expect to be changed if the server just resets instead of the wipe that would bring some patches/fixes/new stuff or whatever is planned.
What will change? People already formed gangs, they'll just form them again most likely with the same people. People know how to easily get stuff in this version, a reset wouldn't change anything on that one - so people would easily get farmed once again.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 06:05:20 pm »
It will be hilarious to watch what people say that think wipe with few more buttons in the options menu and hex shooting will fix everything but the game will be the exact same as now with only UV playing. How can implants make things unfair when literally everyone has them? I know maybe 1 or two people at most without any full implanted character and they rarely play more than 5 minutes at a time. The only thing this will fix is gecko and tpr. Just wait for real wipe and save Kilgore the effort.

If this reset passes, it's just another reset before the wipe comes. This reset won't last as long as this session did. It'll be just till the wipe.

Votes like this are silly without comments, it could be a bunch of a newcomers just seeing the vote and voting for restart just for sake of them getting some "chance", which they wouldn't really use as older players would just overpower the newbies eventually.

I mean hey, I haven't played for like sixth month now, but surely things couldn't have changed that much, since my last visit.
This exactly

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 06:32:26 pm »
This ^ is why I suggested opening up the test server. We  have very little information available to us to make informed opinions, so all most of us can do is speculate.

It's been done before, and it would allow those of us bored with current session to be productive and involved with update other than making maps or silly suggestions.

Normal Reloaded server could continue without interruption, and we can continue waiting for new client and server revisions to be released that would make full update possible.