May 13, 2024, 11:39:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Mechanic] I've lost perks  (Read 3914 times)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
[Mechanic] I've lost perks
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:38:03 pm »
So here's what's happened:
I was levelling up to level 12, but I didn't add any perks (they wasn't essential at that moment for my crafter). When I hit level 12 I've added "Gain Endurance" perk, but I couldn't add perks from levels 3, 6, 9.
Can I somehow get those perks back?

The perks I would like to add are "Adrenaline Rush", "Toughness" and "Even Tougher" (as I said, they are not essential for my crafter and I hadn't much to choose from)
Character's name is Angus MacGyver

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: [Mechanic] I've lost perks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 12:48:40 pm »
In few places was written that perks would be lost if not taken before next perk.

Hippie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:32 pm »
I have the same issue.  I saved my first perk. When I reached level 6 I finally picked my perk.

But im wondering now if Im still getting perks at all?

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:01:30 pm »
In few places was written that perks would be lost if not taken before next perk.

Well... Shit :/

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 06:40:46 pm »
This is an intended game mechanic. If not for this people could save perks from level 3, 6, etc. and stock up on level 15 perks or something (for example). There is meant to be clear progression and choice with each perk on every third level.

Skilled is a bit different, you can get two level 6 perks instead of a level 3 perk (at levels 6 and 8, if you save your perk from level 4 and take it at 6, then take the next at 8). You end up with one less perk overall by level 24.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:44:48 pm by Nark »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Hippie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »
That makes sense. Alot actually.

Is there still a way I can get a level 3 perk with the help of moderators? If not then ill deal with it.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 12:14:10 am »
Is there still a way I can get a level 3 perk with the help of moderators? If not then ill deal with it.

Same question here.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 01:05:13 pm »
Yeah, I think you can get help with that.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 06:44:11 pm »
It would be nice to rework game mechanics a bit so you can postpone taking perks, but in a very specific way.
Scenario:
You have leveled up to level 24 and did not take any perk (character doesn't have skilled trait).
When you press 'C' button and see perk selection window:
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level6 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level9 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level12 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level15 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level18 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level21 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level24 perks then (after you pick one)
you are prompted to chose one of the pre-level25 perks.

And by pre-levelX perk i mean perks that you can pick (if you haven't picked one) before you reach that levelX:
pre-level6 perks -> perks that you can pick on levels 3-5.

For skilled it should work in similar manner (just level numbers are different).
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 05:40:21 am »
It would be a loss of time to implement something like this.

Hippie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:47 am »
I like the idea that Desert Mut recommended. But I can see if its too much trouble.

I hope its still possible to get my level 3 perk back with retrospective effect. If not, to bad then. If it is possible then I would like weapon handling on my character. WastelandHippie is the nick.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 05:20:44 pm »
It would be a loss of time to implement something like this.
Well, it might be not a high priority feature, but this will improve user experience.
I don't see why this should take alot of time to implement (unless the code in the area is a total crap).
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 06:29:46 am »
Well, it might be not a high priority feature, but this will improve user experience.
I don't see why this should take alot of time to implement (unless the code in the area is a total crap).
Then do it, I'll happily implement your working solution.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 02:46:06 pm »
The solution might be this:
You can't level on another PERK level if you didn't add your perk.
Example: You didn't take level 3 perk. You advance up to level 5. Right now you can't advance to level 6 until you add your previous perk.

Anyway, my problem is solved. Thanks Kilgore. Topic can be closed, burned, thrown into toxic waste or whatever.