May 17, 2024, 10:33:59 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: TC score rating  (Read 1663 times)

KestreL

TC score rating
« on: May 13, 2015, 11:49:04 pm »
TC score rating

So starting out with rewards from PvP that limit hamsters from taking part unless they Gear up and fight.

The suggestion I'm about to propose will be much like the beloved rating system from Ashes Of Phoenix. For those of you who do not know what I'm talking about, I'll give you a rundown.

The system works very similar to this.

Every damage inflicted on enemy will add +1 point to your rating.
Every damage tanked will add +1 point to your rating.
Every knockout done will add +50 points to your rating.
Every knockdown will add +25 points to your rating
Etc.

What is rating good for ?

The answer is reward. At the end of every TC you will recieve your rating points in cash 8x. e.g 1 knockout caused in TC would reward you with 400$ / exp.

How would you recieve money after TC?

You must first open a bank account on your charecter. This should be possible from any given faction bases. And the money will be delivered to this account at the end of every Town control fight.

I'm not a scripter. But for me it seems pretty basic and easy to implement. Yet a huge step for PvP.

Now, if you agree. Please try to type all things that could go wrong Abuse-wise. This is the only problem I could think of.
2 factions pretending to fight to gain exp/caps - This seems like a bad issue. Perma ban on all members doing such ?

Sounds fair imo.

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
Re: TC score rating
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 12:04:28 am »
eh, is there really a point to this? I mean,earning caps is very very easy even with all the nerfing. People were bidding 150k+ caps on just glowing weapons, so for Decor? they are willing to do that much. This game isnt all PvP, people need to see the entire game other than just that part. Grinding is part of the game, so let it be. Make the rich even richer, seems fair, right?

KestreL

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 12:10:11 am »
eh, is there really a point to this? I mean,earning caps is very very easy even with all the nerfing. People were bidding 150k+ caps on just glowing weapons, so for Decor? they are willing to do that much. This game isnt all PvP, people need to see the entire game other than just that part. Grinding is part of the game, so let it be. Make the rich even richer, seems fair, right?

This is a suggestion relating to PvP and factions. You would not understand such.

But I get it, you disagree without a valid reason. Carry on.

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 12:23:20 am »
Without a Valid reason? my reason is simple, there is no need to further spread the power/strength of big PvP factions and smaller ones or people who are not in a faction. This is simply for the faction who can swarm better to get more loot than what is given. The reward for TC factions are the boxes themselves. That is enough.

KestreL

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 12:28:11 am »
Without a Valid reason? my reason is simple, there is no need to further spread the power/strength of big PvP factions and smaller ones or people who are not in a faction. This is simply for the faction who can swarm better to get more loot than what is given. The reward for TC factions are the boxes themselves. That is enough.

You're simply not seeing the big picture lol.

"BBS OWN ALL TOWNS"

Where's the reward for factions who actually lose in PvP ? Absolutely none. So they won't come to PvP. I'd mention tons of other pros from this suggestion but I'm sure everyone here other than you already understand them. So if that is your only argument to this suggestion. Please carry on.

Edit: if you are worried about tc giving too much loot then you can simply say "Halve tc box loot and this idea will be fine" but please don't whine.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:29:47 am by A3 »

Taki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 10:54:30 am »
It's gonna bring some more hate posts against AoP but this system is working there  :) It's not perfect, as healing gives really low score compared to damage, and no-damage actions like defib/push/pull dont give score, so as said by OP, make it complex enough not to just add score on damage please (KB/KO awards is nice) :-[

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 12:15:13 pm »
No there is no point to your suggestion. It's crap.
There is no "big picture" here. If people choose to tc, they will, win loose or draw.

thanks a lot autipurrict. >:(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:44:31 pm by Chosen One »
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »
Currently losing team during TC loses gear and gets nothing (mostly even fun :P). Such idea would make people go and at least try to fight back, because they would get some no matter what the final score was. If the system was prepared in a proper way (to avoid abusing and bring some diversity) I'm up for it.

Just be sure that:
1) Only factions (and only during TC timer in range of specific TC zone - I imagine it works like that) get rewards - we don't need bluesuits running around ans spoiling fun just because they want to get their 285 rating points for dying. It would additionally encourage small groups of players to gather into factions.
2) You don't get to big ammount of rating points compared to overall reward (locker) or delete locker at all (it would look more like Hinkley, but involving real gear and real reward - sounds like "almost free" fun for everyone).
3) System is balanced, so you don't get fair ammounts of rating points only for killing/dying and that system does not favorize any builds (f.e. KO giving much more points than dmg taken favorize sniper builds over tank builds - even though, in my opinion, it's easier to shoot on max range hoping for KO than tanking properly to get max rating points out of your build with SS usage :P).
4) It's not abused by fake gangs and points are not granted when shooting your teammate etc.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:53 pm »
Abusable

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 03:11:32 pm »
The main thing I liked about ZC on AOP was that you didn't get shit if you didn't participate in action. Those who showed up to fight, got some reward, and those that didn't couldn't come in later and hamster a locker they didn't help secure.

Alternatively even if you lost, you got some benefit from it in XP and caps.

There should be a gear check for opposing teams, same as if they were starting the timer for it to count. Bank account idea makes sense.

If this system were to replace loot lockers I think it would be great, the argument that it would only make big teams stronger is silly. They're already strong, not because the game favors them but because they can pool their resources and experience. It's a failing argument against a game mechanic that someone hasn't even experienced.