May 08, 2024, 10:58:39 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Another NewP Guide...  (Read 9578 times)

Leoho

• View Profile
Re: Another NewP Guide...
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 06:29:25 am »
Helped me, thx.

nivky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 04:11:13 pm »
Haven't played this game in ages. I'll use this guide to play a new character and get a feel for the game before I create my own builds because I don't really remember much about anything. However the one thing that is bothering me is the LK. I remember trying a 1 LK build before and getting completely destroyed by criticals and critical misses. Will I be ok with just 1 LK?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:12:44 pm by nivky »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »
This guide only gets you through the first levels, and only with your first build which is only a support character. He's mainly just a startup guy, not a PvP fighter. So Luck 1 should not be an issue (especially once your gun skill is 180).

I put this guide project on hold for a while, but its direction was meant to include the following things (and i had someone ask me in-game "why am i carrying all these maps?" so clearly i need to get back to this guide soon):

You place all maps in one safe private base. Your startup character acts as base commander there. Each time you register a subsequent character, your base commander adds his name to the terminal as a Friend. With Friends allowed there, your new characters see the base, go there and read the maps. Presto! A level 1 character immediately sees a network of safe locations all over the worldmap.

So don't worry about Luck on this startup guy. As soon as you get going more, you'll be using other characters to do your real fighting. The lead character will be your miner, your repair guy, your dismantler, your crafter etc - a multipurpose support.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:40:32 pm by Henry »