May 08, 2024, 07:59:17 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Low reputation, why?  (Read 3841 times)

Stampedo

• View Profile
Low reputation, why?
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:44:07 pm »
Hello,

New here. I have a question regarding the reputation system.
I'm new and playing solo, I didn't do anything wrong and suddenly after reaching NCR, a bomb exploded nearby and the message "you did something wrong, guards won't protect you anymore". What the... ?

My name appears in yellow, is that related?

Patrols are attacking me on sight now.

Can someone explain me why it happened? Is that fixable?

Boon

• View Profile
Re: Low reputation, why?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:13:26 am »
If you stand in a doorway for too long, it could cause you to lose some rep and get that message.

Yellow names by default are given to players in a NPC faction, and joining one of these could have caused your rep to go down, aswell as becoming a slaver.

Your rep will raise to -200 over time which is high enough that patrols won't attack you on sight.
Wasteland is harsh.

Stampedo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:46:55 am »
Ok, I realize that it happened after joining the Brotherhood of Steel...
Does it mean that anyone can attack me in any city without being attacked by guards?
Having a yellow name means "attack this guy on sight"?

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:39:50 am »
No, it only indicates that you belong to an NPC faction.

As for being 'unprotected', it will wear off after some time, or if you die in the city.
Players can attack you freely while you're unprotected.

You can check if a player is unprotected by standing next to them, holding alt and
left-clicking on them, and choose 'Push'.

If you get a message saying "This person isn't blocking anything yet." - They are unprotected
If they are knocked down, they are unprotected because of blocking a doorway.
Neither of these means the target is protected in this town.
Wasteland is harsh.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 03:00:13 am »
If your rep is lower than -300 you will be shoot on sight by Ncr patrols in encounters. Your rep can be fixed in few ways, but you can also wait few days until ur rep will be -200

Stampedo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »
Alright thanks guise.

Stampedo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 10:31:25 pm »
Hello again,
I've been waiting a few days, but my rep is still low, and I have the feeling that it keeps going down.
Can you tell me how to improve my rep for the NCR for instance?

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 11:59:19 pm »
quests mostly gives good rep, but i suggest to just wait, since you get improved repuatation by 100 points each day!

NOTE: reputation is being improved/decreased for time of your inactivity, if you stay logged in for 24 hours, you ll find no change

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 06:23:20 am »
I am having same problem... except i really didnt do anything, diggin brahmin poop and pickin up loot, helpin noobs, reached level 5, and now the hub sais the guards wont protect me... i didnt join a gang or anything, im so confused, looks like junktown too... im not safe anywhere!?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 09:28:44 am »
I am having same problem... except i really didnt do anything, diggin brahmin poop and pickin up loot, helpin noobs, reached level 5, and now the hub sais the guards wont protect me... i didnt join a gang or anything, im so confused, looks like junktown too... im not safe anywhere!?

It looks like You have been standing in some doors for a while, which means that You were blocking the path for other players -> this makes You uprotected.

However if You die in this towns, You will get protection again after death.

Go to town in bluesuit, without any items. Punch once some npc and let him kill You.