May 20, 2024, 05:08:12 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Faction chat and seeing who's online  (Read 3954 times)

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Faction chat and seeing who's online
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:01:30 am »
Something similar to this.

Spoiler: show

You can see where they're at, what town, their ALIVE/DEAD status. Even a faction chat which can be /f or whatever letter needed. If not, then just seeing who's online would be good.

FO2 has faction chat, AoP has it, why not reloaded?

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Faction chat and seeing who's online
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:11:52 am »
With all the alts around it probably won't give you an exact measurement, plus it could be used by "scouts" to verify TC numbers etc.

Even still, if it could be done it would be nice, or a step further to create a "squad" with squad chat and squad window (like the pic you showed) etc, possibly with having a radio in inventory as a requirement of inviting to squad, it would be harder to infiltrate with scouts and be a bit more interesting.

Still +1

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:41:38 pm »
+1, been in favor of this for a long time. The possible slight downside (knowing enemy numbers) is imo highly out-weighed by the overall benefit of getting people much more connected with each other.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »
Not sure how there will be scouting if it's for YOUR faction...

BBS member can't see the members online for MoD for example.

Bad_Lieutenant

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 07:27:56 pm »

yes, I think that if it would be ONLY for members of faction it could be implemented

I know that faction members could see each other in the teamspeak list, but not every faction is using this

+1

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 09:25:56 pm »

Yes but as soon as you put in a way to moniter faction activity, people will try to scout it for info the best they can, I guess if you never want to invite new people to your faction for risk they may be a member list scout then its no problem, but for everyone else it is :)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:48 pm »
Let it available for trusted members, oficers and leader only. Problem solved faster than it comes.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 09:34:36 pm »
Let it available for trusted members, oficers and leader only. Problem solved faster than it comes.

Elegant :)

People would still try to get around it but yes that would make it much harder to "abuse". Good one.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:37:53 pm »
There is no absolute solution...but I think this should cut this "rats" problem to minimum :)
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 02:11:46 am »
Yes but as soon as you put in a way to moniter faction activity, people will try to scout it for info the best they can, I guess if you never want to invite new people to your faction for risk they may be a member list scout then its no problem, but for everyone else it is :)
Well aren't you in UV? The gang that literally recruits anyone just to swarm? Won't be other players fault if you get "scouted" like this

No, anyone should be able to see who's online (in the faction of course) This will just cause problems inside the faction.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 02:40:42 am »
Too much work to make it and it'll be next useless cosmetic feature, fooline 2 has shitloads of them if u enjoy them go play there.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:04 am »
Too much work to make it and it'll be next useless cosmetic feature, fooline 2 has shitloads of them if u enjoy them go play there.
I actually play FOnline 2 but you can only see the members...not who's online.

Also FO2 is a grindfest + hugely repetitive

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 09:33:26 am »

Well aren't you in UV? The gang that literally recruits anyone just to swarm? Won't be other players fault if you get "scouted" like this

No.. I'm not.. And even if I was, wtf makes you think the faction I am with has anything to do with my opinion on the matter? Because they recruit new players, they should be scouted?

So you want it to be automatically available to all members of the faction at all times, and you don't see a scouting problem arising?

Or is the real reason you want this so you can scout everyone's PvP numbers easily?

People do recruit new players... Or they would up until an easy way to scout tc numbers was placed in game..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:39:39 am by Blarney »

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 06:11:47 pm »

No.. I'm not.. And even if I was, wtf makes you think the faction I am with has anything to do with my opinion on the matter? Because they recruit new players, they should be scouted?

So you want it to be automatically available to all members of the faction at all times, and you don't see a scouting problem arising?

Or is the real reason you want this so you can scout everyone's PvP numbers easily?

People do recruit new players... Or they would up until an easy way to scout tc numbers was placed in game..

:facepalm

Holy shit, you're stubborn as fuck. Don't you understand that this is for YOUR faction. Are you an imbecile or something, only if you recruit ANYONE in the faction, you will be scouted. Also I highly doubt a BBS member will invite a UV guy to their faction, C'mon dude.

And how can I scout everyone's numbers if I'm a Train Robber? Like seriously...last I checked I wasn't invited to every damn faction in the game.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:15:11 pm by Yuno-Gasai »

Jish the small

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:29 am »
i +1 this
seems nobody has played AOP
only squad, factin, gang members and see whos online, amirite?