May 14, 2024, 12:54:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: AC Troll  (Read 3651 times)

False

• View Profile
AC Troll
« on: April 27, 2015, 12:09:21 am »
I've been contemplating my builds for after reset, playing around with the character planner and such, and I was thinking of making a jinxed/heavy handed AC troll, for the lols of course.

Does anyone have experience with this build? Maybe you can explain how efficient it is. I basically just imagine my character running circles in CA MKII (I realize this has -20AC), maybe getting close enough to the enemy to punch them, watching their guns explode and all other kinds of glorious things unfold.

Here's my SPECIAL:

ST:   6
PE:  1
EN: 10
CH:  1
IN:   3
AG: 10 (for dodger+)
LK:   9

Traits: Jinxed / Heavy handed

Tags: Close combat, First aid?, Sneak (In case I want to stealth instead)

Perks:

Livewire (3)
More HTH criticals (6)
Hit the gaps (12)
Silent running (15)
Bonus HTH attacks (18)
Dodger + (21)
Better HTH criticals (24)

AC: 140, 120 with CA II

So I guess the question is: Which perk do i substitute for Dodger; I suppose in theory I could just knock off silent running, and go without stealth entirely. I thought about the "Kamikaze" perk, but without DR perks, I imagine that the extra -10 DR could be annoying. Taking Kamikaze would also mean I would have to get rid of Heavy handed, meaning that my knockdown chance would suffer.

So it seems that I have two choices, either an ac troll who can fight when close enough (you'll notice I didn't take In Your Face precisely because I expect to be hitting them by the time I get that close) or an ac troll who simply doesn't fight at all, and merely runs around in circles to enjoy the ensuing chaos around him. With the latter build I could probably replace the hth perks with tank perks, so that when I DO get hit it doesn't matter too much.

I'd appreciate an informed opinion on this matter.

vig

• View Profile
    • Blog and artwork dump
Re: AC Troll
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:34:22 am »
light support weapon destroys this build by pretty much negating all of the accuracy reduction from high AC. The weapon perk is overpowered counters the build.
That is my experience

False

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:39:24 am »
Here's the latter build. The last lifegiver could be replaced with In Your Face, I suppose.

Same special as before, except 2 INT instead of 3 because I took Jinxed / Bonehead.
I also switched out stealth for doctor, freeing up a perk. This is, after all, a character I intend to be seen and shot at.

PERKS:

Livewire (3)
HTH evade (6)
Even Tougher (9)
HTH evade + (12)
Dodger + (15)
Lifegiver (18)
Lifegiver + (21)
Lifegiver ++  or In Your Face (24)

AC: 160, 140 with CA II.

light support weapon destroys this build by pretty much negating all of the accuracy reduction from high AC. The weapon perk is overpowered counters the build.
That is my experience

Thank you. What about other weapons though?

vig

• View Profile
    • Blog and artwork dump
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:53:26 am »
AC is hard capped at 140 so you can't negate the penalties.
high enough weapon skills on most used weapons work against AC troll, accuracy is mostly always above 60% when targeting. AC troll works well against snipers, because aimed shots take a chunk of to hit chance, but with Long Range weapon perk it doesn't really make that much of a difference.
I've had an avenger user drop his gun on the floor when he shot at me and ac trolls are good against PvE, but most PvP fighters will do you in. Got shredded with Pancors because their range is inherently close.
This works against snipers and low gun skill lvl characters.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:18:30 am by vig »

False

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:46:08 am »
AC is hard capped at 140 so you can't negate the penalties.

You mean it's impossible to wear CA II with 140 AC?
If so, why? (More or less directed at devs)

Sounds like AC needs a serious re-work, considering playing a build like this basically guarantees zero damage output, and really only exists for it's comedic potential.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:50:38 am by False »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:40:33 pm »
You can also use the "dodger" and livewire perks only, reaching 100 AC with CA mk2 while using ranged weapons, less armor class, true, but you dont have to go that close. Best is to let ennemy waste his AP on you running, then burst him and run to cover. Be carefull not to be shot while shooting your self. Also, try to include stonewall in your build. Because a single hexshooting from grenade/rocket and you'll slide on the ground with 0 AC and die from focused bursting. A bit late, but rerolls are cheap, so...