May 19, 2024, 06:13:47 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Crashes on startup when I attempt to stream.  (Read 1514 times)

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
Crashes on startup when I attempt to stream.
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:14:14 pm »
Hello I check the forum to see if anyone else has been having a similar problem but I didn't see any.

The problem I am having is that when I load up the game in ful lscreen it will do one of three things and I have tried multiple different settings to try and fix it myself with no luck so I was hoping someone can give me some advice here is what is happening.

I can play the game in full screen no problem as long as I dont select 1280 by 1024 but when I attempt to stream the game to twitch on any full screen resolution it crashed at startup and the crash dump logs it creates are blank I have switched it to administrator mode and tried running the game in windows xp compatibility mode I have tried different capture modes like window capture and monitor capture instead of game capture I even scaled the resolution down to 800 by 600 which in my opinion is not streamable as my viewers would be straining to see anything on the game especially text and even with that it still crashes to desktop as soon as the main menu comes up.

It will stream at 1024 by 768 in windowed mode but the problem with that is in windowed mode it cuts off the bottom of the game making it to where I cannot click on my inventory or the fixboy.

Any advice or attention to the matter will be greatly appreciated.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Crashes on startup when I attempt to stream.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:18:00 pm »
Man...if I had the internet and PC specs to stream, I would stream a lot :P

and I know someone used to stream this game, I forgot who though...

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:29:00 pm »
Well your vids are nice man I liked and subbed but I really need some attention to this matter I started on here to be able to show my viewers the game and have fun with them while getting into the game. Honestly if I can't get it working to where I can stream (not perfectly but at least playable/watchable) then I will not play the game I will just stream Fo1 and Fo1 no offense but those games I can stream no problem and since the graphics are the same it makes no sense to have this and not be able to stream it.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 05:11:11 am »
Can you start this streaming magick after you have char ingame? And if crashdumps are blank (what is already pretty weird) maybe FOnline.log tells anything~
Games are meant to be created, not played...

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 06:46:39 am »
I will try starting the game and getting into it before I start the stream thank you for the idea and as far as the Fonline.log I am not sure I will look for it