May 10, 2024, 03:44:11 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: List of Suggestions that will be implemented after the Wipe  (Read 14043 times)

Petrolz

• View Profile
Re: List of Suggestions that will be implemented after the Wipe
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 10:42:02 am »
@Blarney that is interesting , tho 2-3 drugs active at a time is all you need. Nuka ,Cigs, Buffout :D Overdose effect is nice idea , when u are addicted and you take even more of same drugs , u become overdosed even bigger buff , but the withdraw kill you xD or smth :D Tho by my opinion its good as it is. Tho addict is boring it isnt a problem , its easy to get drugs and u can allways have them in your inventory. :)
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 04:40:02 pm »
Quote from: 'Blarney'
Removing withdrawal only effects Jet really so it isn't that much of a change to drugs overall.

What if a limiting effect was added, so only 2-3 drugs can be "active" at one time. For example an overdose effect that gets added to the player when he/she consumes a third or fourth different drug. This effect could knock the player unconscious and or deal damage (add a large dose of poison to the player maybe) and also render the drug taken to induce the overdose ineffective.

It would at least force players to make decisions on what drugs they would prefer to use, as opposed to "all drugs at all" times being the alternative (a generalised comment, as a sniper would rarely if ever use psycho etc, but true enough).

It could help to make builds more specific too, and give people a reason to sell/trade the drugs they aren't going to use.

Just a thought, probably been suggested before, but it could be an interesting addition.

Knocket out by overdose, could be great xD.

I find removing withrawal a big mistake, if the reason is that drugs are easy to find and players have many of them. If you have lots of drugs its because you have to store them: you can always have it and side effects of withrawal will not affect you until you want. It's another resource you have to allow for. The reason because withrawal is removed is then equal to remove fuel need for cars because is easy to find small energy cells.
Withrawal is a joke? Let's do harder withrawals (more time, like some ingame months for psycho or buffout, like cocaine in real life, and worse withrawal effects) and less chance to addiction (5-10% for sweet drugs, 25-30% for common drugs, 50-60% for jet), then using a drug will be a difficult decision: If you are addicted you will need drugs everytime you fight or you'll have withrawal effects during a long period. Would be nice if there were rare antidote items or some chem in order to palliate withrawal effects during a period.

Well, I'll stop typing. I need a cigarrette.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:42:06 pm by Ina Blackwood »

Femdom

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 07:29:54 pm »
A configurable hotkey for Doctor and First Aid.
There already is- 6 and 5, repecitvely. I've actually worn out the 6 on my 10 key.

Im pretty sure he mean keys for SELF-fa/doc. Not a key + click on your char.

- that "retarted" speaking with low intelligance is actlually nice RPG feature and gave more "fallout" feel to the game. Thats just my opinion.

compromise?... "tribal" speech appearing above head, while original text in textlog. Otherwise idc really.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 07:35:06 pm »
The reason because withrawal is removed is then equal to remove fuel need for cars because is easy to find small energy cells.

Yeah, and let's also remove ammo for weapons  :facepalm

Withdrawal is only a problem for noobs who don't know how to craft/farm drugs. Everybody using drugs for pvp purpose have tons of each and don't care about withdrawal. You take your drugs as a part of your "Reno/TC survival equipement", same as weapon, armor, helmet, ammo, stims, a motion sensor and mfc/sec. If you are planning for long actions, you take an extra drug set. Every pvp player is on drug effect all the time and don't give a shit about withdrawal.
KO by overdose is bad idee, basically you take your drugs before a fight and that small additional cigarette KO you for 20 minutes (yeah, drug effect time), making you character unusable. GREAT!!!! Why would you even overdose???
Cigarettes > a tabacco overdose is possible, I think it's around 6 or 7 packs of 20 in a single day (you need to smoke with every available hole on you body all the day long)
Nuka Cola > water+suggar+chemicals, it has more chance to make you fat than actually kill you
Buffout > a steroïd pill, not healthy I agree, but no one got KO by that
Beer > a single beer knocks you down only if you have 1 endurance IRL
psycho > it's some kind of improved morphine, it's for military purpose, so a dose is designed to help a soldier, not make him chill like a junkie
jet > this one is dangerous but the side effect are expensive for a +2 AP bonus

What about making a cap at 2-3 drugs? also great!!!
Hey dude, gimme a smoke plz.
No man, you already had a beer and a cola that smoke may kill you!!!!

Would be nice if there were rare antidote items or some chem in order to palliate withrawal effects during a period.

Something like fonline2's drug antidote, it removes all addictions and drug effects. Make it as rare as a jet antidote.

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 02:58:11 am »
Withdrawal is only a problem for noobs who don't know how to craft/farm drugs. Everybody using drugs for pvp purpose have tons of each and don't care about withdrawal.

So I wonder then.. what IS the problem? Why the change? Makes no difference to PvP players as it is, and keeps the fallout feel for new players.

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 04:07:33 am »
You take your drugs as a part of your "Reno/TC survival equipement", same as weapon, armor, helmet, ammo, stims, a motion sensor and mfc/sec. If you are planning for long actions, you take an extra drug set. Every pvp player is on drug effect all the time and don't give a shit about withdrawal.

Yeah, I don't really care about withdrawal too because I know that withdrawal effects will be removed during a short period, chating anywhere, killing easy creeps in a remote area or mining. Anyway, if PvP players don't give a shit about withdrawal because they can use drugs anytime, why remove it? You can always take drugs because you had to farm/craft tons of drugs before. The same reason why you can freely burst mutated rats in a forced encounter instead of shooting them with single shots; you don't care about ammo because you have tons of it. Good for you. The only difference between not removing withdrawal or remove it (if withdrawal is still like it is) will be that you will not use drugs anytime so you don't have to search or craft it too often.

That's why i propose to do worse withdrawals, and longer. Maybe with hard penalties during long periods of addiction (something thay may require additional chems/medical stuff, meaning that you must find/craft/robb it). I'm not proposing an stupid annoyance, but a more interesting drug system based in the addiction consequences. You want a more simple game, more based in PvP than rpg features? It's good for me too. I'll enjoy it the same way.

KO by overdose is bad idee, basically you take your drugs before a fight and that small additional cigarette KO you for 20 minutes (yeah, drug effect time), making you character unusable. GREAT!!!! Why would you even overdose???

Some drugs are strong chemicals, others are not. An overdose is not strange if we talk about jet (similar to cocaine), buffout (an steroid, true, not dangerous on single uses and probably not mixing), psycho (not only an "improved morphine" but a strong chemical that affects brain functions. Yeah, designed to help a soldier... during his "long" service period, probably developed by a kind person who cares about soldiers life), and alchool (that affects central nervous system, not a joke if we mix it with other chemicals, for example many medicines). The overdose may cause many things instead a K.O. Maybe a large poison effect as Blarney said.

Hey dude, gimme a smoke plz.
No man, you already had a beer and a cola that smoke may kill you!!!!

What a pussy troll you are  ;)

Edit:
So I wonder then.. what IS the problem? Why the change? Makes no difference to PvP players as it is, and keeps the fallout feel for new players.

Exactly.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:16:00 am by Ina Blackwood »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »
Stop worrying about this drug crap, let's talk about something else lol.

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 04:42:38 pm »
I like big BUTTS and I can not lie

- But really Maybe add the ability to name your slave yourself? heh
"I'm changing your name. From now on you are..." 
- "Say" your name
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:45:59 pm by damonicos »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 05:50:40 pm »
I like big BUTTS and I can not lie

- But really Maybe add the ability to name your slave yourself? heh
"I'm changing your name. From now on you are..." 
- "Say" your name

thats fucking awesome!

DesertHero

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 10:00:19 pm »
Hello,

I'm pretty new to the game but I would like to suggest some things. I ever wondered about the economy. Some say it's too much gauss rifles and "unique" stuff around. I personally thing that 90% of the stuff is just lying around in tents and is maybe dead in many accounts. So the first thing which should be really implemented is a shop.

- A player should be able to open his own shop in a safe zone and set prices for items he found or wants to sell. Like you would barter with an npc. He could leave it open overnight so player can come around and spend their caps. I think this would be an advantage for the economy.

Getting good items is very messy. You basically have to craft about 50-100 items if not more to get some good stats you would like. On the other side you go around with it encounter something and maybe get pvped or other. Than you are pissed and doesn't feel like going on for a while.

- Don't let the crafting be based on luck. Give out "materials" which can be used to upgrade your items with things you like. And let every people have a chance to gather that materials and not only the TC-Locker gangs which horde all the good stuff.

That are just 2 suggestions that came in my mind.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 11:29:47 pm »
Hello,

I'm pretty new to the game but I would like to suggest some things. I ever wondered about the economy. Some say it's too much gauss rifles and "unique" stuff around. I personally thing that 90% of the stuff is just lying around in tents and is maybe dead in many accounts. So the first thing which should be really implemented is a shop.

- A player should be able to open his own shop in a safe zone and set prices for items he found or wants to sell. Like you would barter with an npc. He could leave it open overnight so player can come around and spend their caps. I think this would be an advantage for the economy.

Getting good items is very messy. You basically have to craft about 50-100 items if not more to get some good stats you would like. On the other side you go around with it encounter something and maybe get pvped or other. Than you are pissed and doesn't feel like going on for a while.

- Don't let the crafting be based on luck. Give out "materials" which can be used to upgrade your items with things you like. And let every people have a chance to gather that materials and not only the TC-Locker gangs which horde all the good stuff.

That are just 2 suggestions that came in my mind.

Player Shops have been talked about, but we found a better system :)
Honestly, the game isn't completely TC Faction focused, there's a lot of ways to acquire decent gear, but the new session will be different and allow more alternatives to TC and Player Factions.
We read this thread, it's really funny when players make suggestions that we already threw into the new session. You'd be impressed by the amount of work we've gotten done so far :)

Keep making suggestions! Keep it up!

Can you talk about your last idea a bit more? What did you have in mind for crafting changes? Do you think that maybe high tier items should be rewards for crafting? As an alternative to TC farming? You've got me curious.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 11:35:38 am »

Can you talk about your last idea a bit more? What did you have in mind for crafting changes? Do you think that maybe high tier items should be rewards for crafting? As an alternative to TC farming? You've got me curious.

Maybe a button in the fixboy that switches between a regular non stated item to an upgraded one. Once you pressed that button, an additionnal item is required for crafting, automatically granting random stats. That item may be found inlockers like fuel cell controlers, baught from merchants for quite some caps or maybe looted in TC lockers or other magic boxes. There would be different items for EW/SG/BG/armors.

DesertHero

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 04:05:11 pm »
Almost as Le Troll said. But I would like to see it more precise.
Like you can find an +1 Luck Crafting Item for Armor or anywhere else which can be added to it.

And than you can apply it to armors like that:
Maybe we can cap that amount like just 2 Specials for 1 Armor or just 2x Damage Resistance or just 2 x AP

1 - Quality (25% chance) (1 Buff can be added)
2 - Improved (12% chance) (2 Buffs can be added)
3 - Superior (7% chance) (3 Buffs can be added)
4 - Advanced (3% chance)  (4 Buffs can be added)
5 - Unique (1% chance)  (5 Buffs can be added)

This would be at least some fun for players and crafters and not just purely luck of what it becomes.

Best Regards
Dester

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »
Yesterday I was chatting it up with Wipe and we came up with an idea for this. Can't talk about it unfortunately due to plagiarism. But I think we found a fucking awesome solution for this.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:43 pm »
Tell us as soon as you settled things with Wipe, different minds are almost as good as real experience feedback.