May 09, 2024, 10:54:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Post-Wipe Suggestions & Discussion  (Read 13832 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Post-Wipe Suggestions & Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 11:02:29 pm »
Slaves should be unable to fight, as was suggested many times.
And unlimited, and banned from mining in public mines.
Private mines should be removed and public mines should require a fee (100 caps or something like that).
No. I want a DIY private mine. But only for base ore/mins. No hq stuff. Well, ok to the fee, but not to banning private mines.
You are probably thinking that this would make crafting a chore, BUT that is only due to crafting bonuses which require you to craft a huge amount of items. Crafting bonuses are not only too powerful but were also responsible for several problems with the combat mechanics.
I don't care about bonuses. In fact, I'm not "really" sure I like them....... To unpredictable.
My suggestion to prevent these problems AND the need to craft insane amounts of items is to remove crafting bonuses and instead give weapons several upgrade options.
WEll, that's not a bad idea (see sperb's post for the examples).
This could also give npc factions some use, for example by making a brotherhood quest chain, consiting of several quests that require you to have a certain level and reward you with brotherhood armor on level 20, power armor on level 30 and hardened power armor on level 40.
Only once per character and they should not be too easy to prevent farming / exploits. Maybe they should even require you to play in a group.
I said something like this back at 2238.
Player killing and thieving are part of the "wasteland is harsh" schtick, but there should be at least some negative repurcussions.
Yes. There should. There aren't.

Mkae it so anyone can BUY slaves, anyone can SELL slaves, but only SLAVERS can catch slaves. Unlimited slaves and brahmin, but they always run at any oportunity in combat- They're slaves, not fighters.

And if you kill a slaver and end combat, the slaves will stop fighting, so you can free them if you're not already a slaver.

Simplify game play. I didn't say "Make it asier, give me free stuff" but take out soe of the silly things where you got to go through three of four steps to accomplish one thing. Like crafting spears' If you have wood, and you have junk, and you have metal parts, just make that for crafting the spear, not craft a sharpened pole then craft a spear then this then that.... Might take some of the XP farming out, too.

Make random encos=pc's level. No way is a level 5 char, by herself, gona match even one pashtung. Not even close. Not ven with armor. (Oh, and banish the pashtungs to one corner.)

Return pvp option to guarded cities, but at least some key ungearded sites turn it off:
New Reno: Chop shop.
San Fran: Junk yard.
Modoc: Around the mayor (see below)
Gecko: Betwwen the harp and the main entrence.
Klamath: Around the main entrence

This will give players, especially fng's, a chance to play. Go into Modoc three times and get told "I was hoping for more gifts" and people are gonna quite (and no, FO2 doesn't have anything to do with it).

Move the intown pvp zones away from the merchants- At least the critical merchants. Kinda goes hand-in-hand above. For those "all-too-critical" tc boxes, just move them where it's not an issue anymore. Swap the two merchants in Modoc, and viola!

Overhaul the Corsican Brothers. I have an really awesome idea, IF you're willing to work for a while (I think it works out to 3 months R/T).

Turn 1-hex "drop all" back on. Yes, I know you're a prude nad all Kilgore, but I mean REALLY! At least in my own tents! It's not like I'm 1-hex drop all in the bazaar....

I'd love to do maps, etc, but I don't know how. :( In fact, my ex-boyfriend found 2238 becasue I wanted to do a map mod for a friend of mine....... I don't know if it would transfer, but it'd be nice to try.

New bases? Not really all that necessary. Would it help? If they served a real purpose, yes. Otherwise, NO. (I can say I've only heard of ONE new base design that actually serves a purpose, and no one's done anything with it- not even me.) it'd just clutter up things, take MORE room on the server, and not help anyone. In fact, geting rid of a couple of bases might not hurt, really- Gas station and depot just aren't all that useful. Caves are only useful IF you're on a budget, and even then why we can't have a fully DIY cave base is anotehr question..... No constructio workers, very little money (if any), a lot of mats, but that's it......

Getting rid of powere armors...... Why not make them more common? A lot of old-school fallout fans started out just for the PA's. There was supposedly going to be an NCR "rebuilt PA" of BH PA, just a little downgraded.... Why not just go with that? Just a powered version of CA2, basically..... You get +1 all stats except I&C maybe.... The reason no one generally uses them is like why the battle of juntland came to nothing- those big warships were too expensive to replace, so they were too expensive to risk.

Give use to non-combat items...... Like compacts (yes, I know they don't exist, but go with it for a second). Temp +1 to c after use. Or necklace; +1 to c while worn. And make non-combat skins available as permenent items- You have a permenent skin of say elegant suit, until you buy a new skin, say tribal..... Oh, and make them CHEAP, good way to get some people (uh, like me) to spend lots of caps, getting caps (per se) out of the economy and making them worth something again.

Oh, and get rid of "Old Shovel." Just make it "shovel" and make shovel=very very few caps (making them worth more as metal parts and wood than as use-ready shovels) and un-scienceable.

Oh, and forgot something..... on simplifying game play: the four that would probably be easiest to do are replacing unchopable trees with choppable ones (do you know how frustrating it is to see a dozen or so trees you can't cut down because they're not the right "kind"?), ditto for "fiber plants" that can't be cut. "If it looks like a fiber plant, it IS a fiber plant. If it looks like a tree, it IS a tree." At least out on the wastes. (I don't mean apply that to those knaled old threes, or to apple trees. Leave them alone, they're fine.) And the other is spawn control. So many times we go out and there's junk in a place we can't conceivably get to: I attached a screenshot of junk hanging in mid air. I'd like to know when anti-grav devices were invented. lulz! And the last, NPC's only say ONE thing per turn. I'ts god damned annoying to TRY to be getting hrough an enoc, especially and forced enco, with some half-wit chattering away so I'm forced to sit there, listening to his on-going stupidity, especially when he COULD be, I dunno, saving herself by running away (or towards me so I can kill it for him) or maybe TRYING to kill it herself.... Meanwhile I'm just WAITING for someone to stumble in and kill us BOTH, because he can't shut her stupid mouth...... (it's actually happened and I've been lucky, the party crasher decided to leave.....)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:24:22 am by Mika A Noire »
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Signorini

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 03:48:33 am »
For me, the Fonline is much better now.
I liked very much Fonline Reload. I dont think the game will be better if dificulting the crafter our to find a good itens.

Before was very dificult to crafter, and for a player how work in real life is terrible, because the only time he have to play, he spend crafiting...

I like the companions, but in next wipe it can be more dificult to find, like in quest or something like that.

For me will be good for the game developing the NPC factions, put 3 big NPC factions in game. BOS, Enclave and Remains of Master. Put more quests and some quests vs the others factions NPC's ( i have i lot of ideas of quests and events of NPC factions, if is interesting from the game, one GM talk to me and a writ a topic about them. )

Enviado de meu XT1032 usando Tapatalk

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 12:59:35 pm »
I agree, that for people with rl and working, I used to spend most of my time mining/crafting to be able to fight pve and very few pvp.

Salamander-Bitch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 07:08:50 pm »
How many time you need for this ? :)

We (me, cubik2k and DocAn) need to talk about what we want to change and add, make some big/not-big todo list, discuss some changes (as you know, there will be some radical changes), then work on it. More than few weeks for sure.

So i dont now why you dont start the pvp server and you have time to disscusion with others Game admins ;) Thats better

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 07:29:08 pm »
This is thread for post-wipe suggestions and I don't plan launching any pvp-only server.

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 04:27:18 pm »
this server started off as being crafter friendly.
I think it should remain so.
I haven't played any of the other variations of this game, but I have checked out their forums.
the other servers don't seem to be for me.
this one does.
sure there are things I don't like.
but there is way more that I do like.
when changes are made that I don't like, I change my game play.
war may never change, but things do.
survivors roll with the punches.
and I aint dead yet.
cheers

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 04:39:11 pm »
Actually c_hieter, FLA and go2 do have one (and only one) good thing to say for them. MUCH better fixboy. Other than that they suck more clock than my namesake combined.

Charity

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 05:37:49 pm »
And please remove power armor.
This is bullshit idea. Its Fallout. Power armors are important part of this world.

Charity

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 06:26:17 pm »
Actually c_hieter, FLA and go2 do have one (and only one) good thing to say for them. MUCH better fixboy.
THIS! Fix the fixboy! Give us some "craft all" button. It doesnt have to mean that the character will craft everything at once, it may take some time, but he will craft one by one unless stopped. Even better if you should make crafting order like - craft this, then craft that, then that. It would be very nice feature to replace current autoclickers, and for everyone, even the ppl considering autoclicker cheat.
About private mines and slave labour, i think they should stay, but their price should be higher and the amount of obtained mats should be much more ballanced. If you remove this feature, ppl will use bots. Btw, now its really big handicap if you wanna roleplay with some moral code or u just dont like the idea of slavery at all, so you dont use the private mines, so you cant ever get so many mats. There should be maybe some alternatives.
+1 to some reputation changes, like you can be slaver, you can be thief, you can be childkiller, but all with its consequences. Also for example, being holy person who do not kill etc. (as I am with Charity) should be maybe reflected somehow (ok, I know, this would be abused by lvl 100 crafters who never got out of tent). Maybe also some achievments (which should be maybe expanded or reworked) should affect your reputation (Behold! this is Seki, the ICE-COLD KILLER!!!) :)
+1 to some NPC factions like I think dskpnk mentioned in the other thread. I dont know how it is on FO2 and I dont say do it like they do, but I think every Fallout player have some place in his heart for old good BoS, also Enclave... Would be cool if it was possible to have these as player driven (some vote for chief maybe, etc.) factions, with possibility to take towns and so. I would sure go and level Paladin Charity for that 8)

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 03:50:39 am »
More active slots: One of the frustrations is that you have to go into inventory to change the active slots, like switching from pistol to knife to tool. There are two active slots (2 hands), but add more slots. Think of it like a belt; holster, knife, tool, etc. The "2 hand 2 slots" argument doesn't hold up, even in f1/2... if that were true, you could use your Gatlin laser and your combat knife at the same time. Maybe make certain slots designated to specific items, like tool/hatchet/pt/etc. only.
More armor slots: Torso/body, hands, head, face, eyes.

Charity

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 04:54:05 am »
More active slots: One of the frustrations is that you have to go into inventory to change the active slots, like switching from pistol to knife to tool. There are two active slots (2 hands), but add more slots. Think of it like a belt; holster, knife, tool, etc. The "2 hand 2 slots" argument doesn't hold up, even in f1/2... if that were true, you could use your Gatlin laser and your combat knife at the same time. Maybe make certain slots designated to specific items, like tool/hatchet/pt/etc. only.
More armor slots: Torso/body, hands, head, face, eyes.
I think this would be hell of work to make and its not so much needed. Im happy with 2 slots myself. Its classic (I dont say your idea is bad, but I think there is much more things that need to improve and this would eat a lot of work and time).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:01:28 am by Charity »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 06:39:22 am »
I think this would be hell of work to make and its not so much needed. Im happy with 2 slots myself. Its classic (I dont say your idea is bad, but I think there is much more things that need to improve and this would eat a lot of work and time).
Kilgore already addressed one issue:
We (me, cubik2k and DocAn) need to talk about what we want to change and add, make some big/not-big todo list, discuss some changes (as you know, there will be some radical changes), then work on it. More than few weeks for sure.
But if we're gonna get wiped, might as well get something worth the loss of... Well, everything. Even BBS will be getting screwed this time...

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »
there has been a lot of talk about how private mines ruin the economy.
maybe they need to be killed, I don't know.
there has also been a lot of talk about slave mining.
maybe it too needs to be killed.
BUT, there should be an alternative to them.
unguarded public mines are a total pain.
pkers preying on honest crafters/miners, blah blah blah.
guarded mines can also be a pain with suicide bomber teams.
someone suggested returning to the finding a vain/mine in the wastes and building a tent there.
I can think of a few ways how this could work.
IF slave mining is nerfed, you find a mine in the wastes, it has the resources that a private mine currently can produce with 1 slave in a week, or maybe 2000 of each ore/mineral and then it runs dry.
no time limit.
IF slave mining is allowed, one week and its dry.
how successful you are at finding a mine/vein maybe depends on your stats/luck.
new players will still have the public mines to get started.

right now I have so much raw material from private mines, I could supply every swinging clit and dick on this server.
I never sell raw/refined material.
I build stuff or give refined material away.
most everyone has crafter/fighter alts.

just my 2 cents folks.
feel free to rage or built on my ideas.
I couldn't give a rats ass.
there is nothing anyone can say to make me go away.
but the frustrations of spending hours to better ones lot in the game could cause a few folks to give it up early.
more folks = more targets=more fun.
and I only pk when shot at first.
and shake some coin down to Kilgore and the gang, if you can.

now get the fuck off my lawn youse kids.
:)

Kaaon

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 07:11:58 pm »
guarded mines can also be a pain with suicide bomber teams.
1 bomb is worth more then those resources which miners are mining, peoples are bombing just because they have nothing to do with all those resources

i think public mines are ok same as unguarded, there are already 2 ways to get items, play PvE farm items / science to get resources or mining.. just science should be boosted alittle bit to make PvE worth it and private mines removed / slaves not possbile to digg as everyone said..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:20:43 pm by Seki »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »
Bring back Ghost Town. It was actually kinda awesome.
That is, unless some shitwad is grid camping the spawnpoints for three days (I swear it was a team, not a single individual).

Board-based log in: You log into the forums to log into the game. Itwould make multi-log cheaters easier to catch AND give players who forget their passwords or get hacked (happened in 2238 once) a way to recover their passwords.

Buy/sell & rename bases; The faction leader logs in, and can change ownership of the base to whatever faction s/he wants. The new owning faction leader logs into their computer, can change access settings and rename the base.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:06:59 am by Mika A Noire »