Username:

Password:

Topic: wipe please  (Read 27988 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: wipe please
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2015, 08:29:05 pm »
this doesnt explain why u keep wipe date as a secret. also where are these people get "confirmed info" of wipe date?

anyway pay to win is still a bad thing

who said anything about pay 2 win? If anything, it'll be pay caps = winning. Fonline will always be free and fair to all players. If someone wants to donate some cash then by all means, donate away. We will not sell weapons or high powered gear for real money. Everything should be available via in game currency. Maybe we will add some short cuts for players that don't have the time to dedicate, but nothing OP. I despise the pay to win model in the mmorpg world. It isn't fun, and it isn't fair. Collectables and custom skins should be available via real money, or cap alternatives. There should never be anything truly reserved for paying players unless it is purely cosmetic, but even then it isn't really fair for everyone.

We have our secrets for specific reasons already posted, sorry.

And yes it proves everything, the last update was by me yesterday.

I didn't name the players because I don't want them being harassed.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »
I told You guys that I got confirmed info about wipe and You didnt thrust me.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2015, 08:48:23 pm »

Wasteland is harsh, you can trust noone...  8)
GUN FOR HIRE

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2015, 08:51:30 pm »

i don't know this guy lol. He isn't one of the players I was talking about.

zinthos

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2015, 08:54:56 pm »
this doesnt explain why u keep wipe date as a secret. also where are these people get "confirmed info" of wipe date?

who said anything about pay 2 win? If anything, it'll be pay caps = winning. Fonline will always be free and fair to all players. If someone wants to donate some cash then by all means, donate away. We will not sell weapons or high powered gear for real money. Everything should be available via in game currency. Maybe we will add some short cuts for players that don't have the time to dedicate, but nothing OP. I despise the pay to win model in the mmorpg world. It isn't fun, and it isn't fair. Collectables and custom skins should be available via real money, or cap alternatives. There should never be anything truly reserved for paying players unless it is purely cosmetic, but even then it isn't really fair for everyone.

well you mentioned that you dont say anything because people steal content. how does one steal the date of wipe? or wats the reason behind keeping it as a secret?

and guess what, if you let supporters to access private beta, its pay to win, since they get advantage by knowing what is worth to do after wipe, while others dont. it would only be fair if you released wipe changelog and private beta in the same time...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2015, 09:13:39 pm »

well you mentioned that you dont say anything because people steal content. how does one steal the date of wipe? or wats the reason behind keeping it as a secret?

and guess what, if you let supporters to access private beta, its pay to win, since they get advantage by knowing what is worth to do after wipe, while others dont. it would only be fair if you released wipe changelog and private beta in the same time...

that's fair, I won't deny the public that. Also wiki will hopefully be completed before public release as well. The wiki writers should get access to the docs about a week before everyone else, then the public will receive the info, and then possibly we will host a beta server for supporters. But I'll leave all that up to DocAN.

I haven't given anyone a specific release date because of possible delays. We don't want to promise one date, but have to release 3 days later. We're just waiting on some last minute patches, it's currently out of my hands, but all my work is done. No more new content will be added, just possible bug fixes or typo fixes.

Need to make absolutely sure there are no exploits or broken scripts.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2015, 09:16:23 pm »
I mean at least the information that will help in creating new builds. All servers builds construction changes with a wipe is not in session. Therefore, developers of other servers, this information does not help if it will be announced a week before the wipe on Reloaded
onoz imma loosing mah gaem not fair!!1111

Nyah nyah, we are all going to be noobs for a longer while until most of secrets and how-to's are discovered and well known, and Wiki is updated. Doesn't bother me much, I've missed discovering new shit in FOnline for ages - first I knew most of it from experience or other people, then I was involved in making new content so I knew it up front. Not much space left for a mystery here.
So my nipples are like inch long nails out of joy I'm expecting to have.

Make yourself a lumberjack build for beginning, it's never a bad idea to start. And donate some caps next time to get supporter rank and "win" pixels before others do. Fucking pathetic, I'm glad not being a developer of any kind anymore.

Koveras

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2015, 09:41:29 pm »

that's fair, I won't deny the public that. Also wiki will hopefully be completed before public release as well. The wiki writers should get access to the docs about a week before everyone else, then the public will receive the info, and then possibly we will host a beta server for supporters. But I'll leave all that up to DocAN.

I haven't given anyone a specific release date because of possible delays. We don't want to promise one date, but have to release 3 days later. We're just waiting on some last minute patches, it's currently out of my hands, but all my work is done. No more new content will be added, just possible bug fixes or typo fixes.

Need to make absolutely sure there are no exploits or broken scripts.
Damn, you spoiled at all, no fun allowed.
Wipe confirmed in Wipe from Wipe.

Strike

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2015, 09:51:49 pm »
Also wiki will hopefully be completed before public release as well. The wiki writers should get access to the docs about a week before everyone else, then the public will receive the info, and then possibly we will host a beta server for supporters. But I'll leave all that up to DocAN.

Yay, I'm ready to help with the wiki.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »

lol this is all the proof you guys officially need. Don't compare anyone's stats to each other, we all have our own jobs to do and styles of working. I make a lot of small changes to chain into a big project, and constantly back my work up onto the server. Kilgore tends to release very large updates all at once, rather than make little changes here and there. He's very sneaky and mysterious lol.

This is not a total count of commits BTW it's only from Server #3, most likely about 4-6 months worth.

Wipe's busted.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2015, 11:08:40 pm »
snip
I for one, believe ya - it's sad how little people appreciate the voluntary work.

Can't wait!
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2015, 11:58:48 pm »
Here is the #1 reason we don't post details: Plagiarism, and content theft. If Fo2 got their hands on our upcoming info they would just quickly mimic it and claim the ideas as their own. Community is harsh, and ya'll help make it harsher. So due to your immature, and hot headed actions we have to keep you in the dark. It's to cover our own ass, sorry guys. We've been doing this for years lol, we know what the community is capable of.
Interesting. I had no idea that was the reason. I just figured you guys thought it would make a bigger splash if it all came out at once rather than 1000 tiny updates. Also yeah, community dumb as hell lol. So makes total sense to me.

Trust your gut, bitches. Are we really just dicking you around? Am I only here to really waste what little hours I have to myself each day to troll a bunch of Europeans? Did I really just sacrifice a year of my free time to remake FOnline Reloaded merely because it's my favourite MMORPG, or am I just trolling?
Exactly what I've been saying to people. Some people need to really take a step back and look at this stuff logically because it is some kind of paranoid schizophrenia thats affecting some players around here. Like is someone really going to go through all this trouble and ruin their own server to troll the like 100ish people who even care enough to follow whats going on in the forum? Jeez.

I'm loving all the debates though :p all this doubt haha!  I have the new fucking season on my pc lolololo I fucking coded it! And yes some of you members have helped provide content and received access to our private IRC channel, so yes, it is real, and there are some players that can prove it. But no names from me.
Yep. I didnt know if I wasnt supposed to tell anyone but if all thats keeping you from telling people is worries of harrassment then there is no problem for me(if I was one of those you were referring to). I'm sure there were probably a lot of people who helped out more than me and core probably hardly even remembers the tiny bit I did compared to his vast amount, but after I made a few maps I got some sneak peeks and into irc. Now I guess people will understand why I've been playing forum warrior supporting devs lol. Though its just as likely people will think im lying and its some conspiracy xD

Also yeah corosive I kind of left you hanging for a long time now. Sorry about that  :( . I know I said I would be back to help make some more once college started but you know how it is. Studying a lot, partying with friends, and in my bit of downtime I just cant bring myself to do more work. I know, I'm scum  :'(  But if I can motivate my lazy ass a bit I may have something in a little while.

It's the negative behaviour that is discouraging a lot of the devs to come visit the forums or public IRC, we work our asses off and really don't have time to waste listening to a bunch of crybabies. This is also all the reason why we are contemplating releasing a private beta for all the good players and true supporters over all these years. Good behaviour and actions should be rewarded, while bad behaviour and actions should be punished.
I said that first sentence exactly a couple times when people got all bitchy but you probably saw that. I ain't gonna lie. I get into a bunch of immature retarded trolling on this forum but at least I mean well right?(most of the time at least)  and this community is just so hard to get along with.
I'm kinda glad to see you go toe to toe with some of the stupid stuff that is spread around here. Never thought I'd see you get mad though lol. Hope you dont get dragged down to our level. It's not a place you wanna be. And you know the saying, once they drag you down they'll just beat you with experience.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2015, 12:22:48 am »
Here is the #1 reason we don't post details: Plagiarism, and content theft. If Fo2 got their hands on our upcoming info they would just quickly mimic it and claim the ideas as their own. Community is harsh, and ya'll help make it harsher. So due to your immature, and hot headed actions we have to keep you in the dark. It's to cover our own ass, sorry guys. We've been doing this for years lol, we know what the community is capable of.
Interesting. I had no idea that was the reason. I just figured you guys thought it would make a bigger splash if it all came out at once rather than 1000 tiny updates. Also yeah, community dumb as hell lol. So makes total sense to me.

Trust your gut, bitches. Are we really just dicking you around? Am I only here to really waste what little hours I have to myself each day to troll a bunch of Europeans? Did I really just sacrifice a year of my free time to remake FOnline Reloaded merely because it's my favourite MMORPG, or am I just trolling?
Exactly what I've been saying to people. Some people need to really take a step back and look at this stuff logically because it is some kind of paranoid schizophrenia thats affecting some players around here. Like is someone really going to go through all this trouble and ruin their own server to troll the like 100ish people who even care enough to follow whats going on in the forum? Jeez.

I'm loving all the debates though :p all this doubt haha!  I have the new fucking season on my pc lolololo I fucking coded it! And yes some of you members have helped provide content and received access to our private IRC channel, so yes, it is real, and there are some players that can prove it. But no names from me.
Yep. I didnt know if I wasnt supposed to tell anyone but if all thats keeping you from telling people is worries of harrassment then there is no problem for me(if I was one of those you were referring to). I'm sure there were probably a lot of people who helped out more than me and core probably hardly even remembers the tiny bit I did compared to his vast amount, but after I made a few maps I got some sneak peeks and into irc. Now I guess people will understand why I've been playing forum warrior supporting devs lol. Though its just as likely people will think im lying and its some conspiracy xD

Also yeah corosive I kind of left you hanging for a long time now. Sorry about that  :( . I know I said I would be back to help make some more once college started but you know how it is. Studying a lot, partying with friends, and in my bit of downtime I just cant bring myself to do more work. I know, I'm scum  :'(  But if I can motivate my lazy ass a bit I may have something in a little while.

It's the negative behaviour that is discouraging a lot of the devs to come visit the forums or public IRC, we work our asses off and really don't have time to waste listening to a bunch of crybabies. This is also all the reason why we are contemplating releasing a private beta for all the good players and true supporters over all these years. Good behaviour and actions should be rewarded, while bad behaviour and actions should be punished.
I said that first sentence exactly a couple times when people got all bitchy but you probably saw that. I ain't gonna lie. I get into a bunch of immature retarded trolling on this forum but at least I mean well right?(most of the time at least)  and this community is just so hard to get along with.
I'm kinda glad to see you go toe to toe with some of the stupid stuff that is spread around here. Never thought I'd see you get mad though lol. Hope you dont get dragged down to our level. It's not a place you wanna be. And you know the saying, once they drag you down they'll just beat you with experience.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2015, 07:08:36 am »
I get the whole "stealing ideas and content" must be a drag, but isn't it kind of expected? Most fonlines use the same or similar system, so it would make sense that they would adapt things that have worked elsewhere to their own project and vice versa, that just seems an eventuality.

Credit and the like should always be attributed of course, but wouldn't it be "safer" to release a changelog (when the build is completed but before release) that encompasses all of the changes made and new mechanics etc, while attributing credit to the creators of said content, date it and save it as proof that it was indeed their work.

The whole intellectual property problem to me seems very out of place, it's a shame really, instead of openly discussing the continued development of the fonline servers, the people developing are restricted by fear of theft of intellectual property. Personally I think you guys shouldn't be so worried over "stealing" eachothers work, as a larger group organisation or corporation doing so for all of your works combined.. I mean it must be like creative limbo when working on this kind of project, with its rights, names and intellectual properties already owned.

Either way it makes the almost thankless work you guys do all the more respectful in general, and I'd like to just say thanks to all the developers who have worked at the fonline projects and who continue to do so to this day, as little as my thanks is worth, you guys are heroes for keeping this alive in it's many forms.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:24 pm »
I get the whole "stealing ideas and content" must be a drag, but isn't it kind of expected? Most fonlines use the same or similar system, so it would make sense that they would adapt things that have worked elsewhere to their own project and vice versa, that just seems an eventuality.

Credit and the like should always be attributed of course, but wouldn't it be "safer" to release a changelog (when the build is completed but before release) that encompasses all of the changes made and new mechanics etc, while attributing credit to the creators of said content, date it and save it as proof that it was indeed their work.

The whole intellectual property problem to me seems very out of place, it's a shame really, instead of openly discussing the continued development of the fonline servers, the people developing are restricted by fear of theft of intellectual property. Personally I think you guys shouldn't be so worried over "stealing" eachothers work, as a larger group organisation or corporation doing so for all of your works combined.. I mean it must be like creative limbo when working on this kind of project, with its rights, names and intellectual properties already owned.

Either way it makes the almost thankless work you guys do all the more respectful in general, and I'd like to just say thanks to all the developers who have worked at the fonline projects and who continue to do so to this day, as little as my thanks is worth, you guys are heroes for keeping this alive in it's many forms.

Intellectual theft is an all too real reality these days. I have found many similarities between what I created for FOnline and what they introduced in Fallout 4. Not saying that Bethesda ripped me off, but some days it sure as hell feels like it. It's better to keep your stuff secret IMO, but don't worry we will release all the info you guys need to know very shoon.

PS: Once new session comes out, anything that is remotely close to what was found in F4 I introduced in FOnline WAY before F4 even came out. Creepy shit... you''ll see.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:35:53 pm by Corosive »