May 03, 2024, 07:12:38 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bounty Hunters concept  (Read 2375 times)

Mighty

• View Profile
Bounty Hunters concept
« on: March 25, 2015, 03:31:57 pm »
Player1 assigns bounty Player2 1000 caps
When Player3 kills Player2 have reduced Player2 3000 experience points
Player3 receives reward 900 caps (10% tax Bounty hunters agency)
Experience can not fall lower than ~ 253 000 (23 lvl)
If you experience dropped on 23 level, 24 level perk does not work.

Formula:
1caps bet = 3x experience reduced
1caps bet -10%tax = bounty hunter award

This concept, the numbers can be corrected
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:52:27 pm by Mighty »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Hunters concept
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »
B4 one of the pros get here I'd like to say that FOnline does have an original Bounty Hunter system, but I believe that it is exploitable so we ditched it :(  No idea what we've done with it so far... Sorry.

However I made an alternative system to Bounties already :) It's probably not what you think, but it's a damn fun new feature.

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:43:08 pm »
this would be a sick idea if yall get a non exploitable one bounty hunting would be fuuun

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:44:25 pm »
this would be a sick idea if yall get a non exploitable one bounty hunting would be fuuun

I agree, maybe if there just wasn't a reward we could create an honest justice system, where players sincerely hunt PKERS just for the sake of killing bad people. Kill a bluesuit, he goes to the cops tells them you're an ass, and bam a bounty gets created for you -> which is just your name on a list of assholes lol. Players can simply check the list for names they should shoot on sight. No exploits, but it could create a false reputation for players, but eh, that's politics right?

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:41 pm »

I agree, maybe if there just wasn't a reward we could create an honest justice system, where players sincerely hunt PKERS just for the sake of killing bad people. Kill a bluesuit, he goes to the cops tells them you're an ass, and bam a bounty gets created for you -> which is just your name on a list of assholes lol. Players can simply check the list for names they should shoot on sight. No exploits, but it could create a false reputation for players, but eh, that's politics right?
So, its only for nonPKers ?

My suggestion for all, is also deprived of exploits

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »
I'd rather focus it on PVP only. But the solution to the exploits is above me. I can think of a million ideas but they can all be exploited some how. I'll leave this to Kilgore, he'll know what to do.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 07:57:39 am »
Solution: Everyone who offers a bounty to the bounty hunter NPCs raises the rep for the target. If you're willing to pony up a million caps, that's a million points of "You're dead."
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:46 am »

Nah, the only justice you should be able to get is the one you can make by your own. Someone killed you by being sneaky or something? Grab a weapon and go kill him. He is too trong for you alone? Swarm him with 3 friends or whatever.
Justice doesn't exist, especially not here.

[/quote]
Solution: Everyone who offers a bounty to the bounty hunter NPCs raises the rep for the target. If you're willing to pony up a million caps, that's a million points of "You're dead."

Yeah nice, so all PVP players will have huge bounty for killing dumbasses entering TC zones during combat or reno when it's crouwded. And get pissed off when farming. Great! I always say that if you are too stupid to stay alive, you die. And you say "brains over guns", I don't know how yours is working, but mine gave me the idee not to walk around unarmed.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:17:57 pm »
Lol yeah sure do it because the only people that would collect on these bounties would be other pvpers of big factions that are good at the game. The "antipk" players in my experience simply aren't that good at PvP because that's something they are against doing. So it would come down to all the people with bounties on them collecting the bounties of other people with bounties on them. Makes little sense to me. Not to mention if there is a reward people will just kill their character with the bounty with one of their alts.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 04:40:21 pm »
Not to mention if there is a reward people will just kill their character with the bounty with one of their alts.

8) Exploit master

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 05:49:40 pm »
Yup, this was the generic exploit we can't seem to bypass. Someone should ask the gods for Kilgore's presence here lol, see what he says.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 03:23:43 am »
In F1, there were bounty hunters; Chris Avalone was their leader. Behind the Followers library.
No PCs=No exploit.
Dont want a bounty? Dont be an ass.

By the same token, dont BE an ass... got your ass kicked in New Reno? Deal. That's why it's there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:00:56 am by Chosen One »
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 05:54:03 pm »
Well, in the mean time until we fix the bounty system, I made an alternative system for several towns. Very fun.